Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

A bit of a slow episode again this week. The speeder chase was pretty good. Was surprised to see them use the alien species from the KOTOR game for one of the bounty hunters.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Interesting episode, but I couldn't help but think, during that rousing scene at the end, how funny it would be to cut away to all the Clone Troopers in a hellish frontline battlefield somewhere yelling at their radios about people cheering that they won't be getting those reinforcements that they need.

"The separatists are people, too! We shouldn't be fighting them!" while Grievious happily tortures away at innocent women and children for information.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

My God! New Trailer For Rest Of Season! Looks Epic!

For those of us (including me) who have been complaining about Season 3 so far, it looks like we're going to have to eat our words. This truly looks epic in every way. The animation looks absolutely phenomenal. The lighting makes some of it almost look live-action. I'm not going to say anything more. You have to see this to believe it:

If anyone wants to see it, go to the Force.net. They’ve got a link to it there.
    Last edited by Krueger; December 14, 2010 at 04:03pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes it does look bad ass but I've said it before in this very thread and I'll say it again. Lucasfilm know how to make amazing trailers but the actual product its advertising tends to be a let down. As always though I hope I'm wrong this time.

Nice to see Even Piell in action, he' not a character thats used very much. Would be nice if he got badly injured which would explain why Anakin takes his place on the council in EpIII, but I hope they don't kill him as the EU as already established he is still alive after EpIII.

So is there no more episodes until the new year now?

Wanted:

Considering that we have yet to see the Darth Maul-like guy or the Nightsisters that were so prominent in the first trailer, I'm not going to get too excited about anything in the latest one. In context, a lot of these shots may be a lot less impressive--remember the hooded hologram that looked like a Sith in the trailers but was just some Mandalorian in the actual episode. One or two strong episodes (or even just strong scenes) amid a bunch more mediocre episodes will not be very satisfying. I agree with 13977, by now we know that Lucasfilm cuts trailers better than anything else. They could make that Korman movie Galaxy of Terror look like the next Avatar (geeky footnote: Cameron worked on the sets of GoT). And by now, I don't trust any trailer that uses Duel of the Fates in it because that music could make Yogi Bear seem enticing.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yes it does look bad ass but I've said it before in this very thread and I'll say it again. Lucasfilm know how to make amazing trailers but the actual product its advertising tends to be a let down. As always though I hope I'm wrong this time.

Nice to see Even Piell in action, he' not a character thats used very much. Would be nice if he got badly injured which would explain why Anakin takes his place on the council in EpIII, but I hope they don't kill him as the EU as already established he is still alive after EpIII.

So is there no more episodes until the new year now?
    I don't trust anything Lucasfilm has done with characters we've seen in the EU. Look at what they did to Mandalore and the Mandalorian culture. I also don't like what I've seen of the upcoming Nightsisters and Dathomir. That doesn't look like the Dathomir that's been described to me. 'Dathomir was considered a temperate and beautiful planet by Human standards, with a varied terrain that included coastal lakes and tar-pits, thick forests and snow-capped mountain peaks, powerful rivers and broad savannas, small icecaps and dramatic rift valleys.' And if there aren't giant rancors running around, it's definately not Dathomir LOL

I personally have been getting tired of all these political episodes. The speeder chase was just a poor echo of Padme's kids fun times on Endor.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I think the trailer looks very promising, but its what they want us to see. I recall thinking similar things about season 2 and the Mando`s. Hoping for the best
    WTB Loose complete Tyrantisaurus Rex and Laser Light Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I don't trust anything Lucasfilm has done with characters we've seen in the EU. Look at what they did to Mandalore and the Mandalorian culture. I also don't like what I've seen of the upcoming Nightsisters and Dathomir. That doesn't look like the Dathomir that's been described to me. 'Dathomir was considered a temperate and beautiful planet by Human standards, with a varied terrain that included coastal lakes and tar-pits, thick forests and snow-capped mountain peaks, powerful rivers and broad savannas, small icecaps and dramatic rift valleys.' And if there aren't giant rancors running around, it's definately not Dathomir LOL
    Don't get me started with the Mandalorian thing. They're meant to be 'revealing sercrets' about Asajj Ventress's past as well, so I bet that will screw up her already established back story. I wish they would just use her existing EU one.

Wanted:

I like how they continue to maintain that everything will coincide with EU by the time all this is over. Uh huh...and if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell ya...

I like how they continue to maintain that everything will coincide with EU by the time all this is over. Uh huh...and if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell ya...
    Is this bridge in a nice part of town??
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Is this bridge in a nice part of town??
    It's not too bad, just never leave home without your kevlar LOL

To be honest, the actual visual growth of the series is what's got me excited about the new trailer. It does truly look phenomenal in every way. There’s some striking imagery on show. What I love about it is that it doesn’t actually look like traditional Star Wars. They really seem to be going for a more fantasy look and feel. I like that.

The EU has made Star Wars get a bit stagnant these past few years. To be honest, I don’t really care if the new series rewrites a lot of the EU. Some of it has had it coming, IMO. There’re only handfuls of it that I actually like, anyway. Anyway, here it is if anyone has yet to see it:

Last edited by Krueger; December 18, 2010 at 10:06pm.

Interesting the very last few seconds heh. Looks like someone falls to the Dark Side heh. Hope not as there is still plenty to tell regarding the character.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Interesting the very last few seconds heh. Looks like someone falls to the Dark Side heh. Hope not as there is still plenty to tell regarding the character.
    I think it's more likely mind control like those nose-snake things again.

Krueger, I have to agree completely with your take on the EU. So much of it left me feeling like I was reading a pale imitation of Star Wars. Lucas and his true students alone seem to really "get it" most of the time, although some of the written material has been fun. Honestly, I think the best EU stuff is the original Han Solo and Lando trilogies. If you haven't read them, do yourself a favor!

This new trailer looks amazing, and I am thrilled at so much of what seems to be coming.

I have yet to be disappointed by this series. I'm sorry some people here have been left wanting. I'm a happy cmper, though, so...nyah!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

What I find very interesting in the trailer are those three warriors. One of them looks like a wizard ripped straight out of a dungeons and dragons book. You can see Obi-Wan approaching him. The other male looks like a typical Sith Lord, whilst the other, a female, looks like Galadriel from LOTR. I seem to recall Lucas and Filoni saying that we’re going to be seeing more about the actual Force itself and what it is. I think this has something to do with that.

I reckon that wizard might be connected to the Whills. If you don’t know what I mean, look them up on the Internet. Lucas always did say he wanted to go back to the concept of the Whills one day.
    Last edited by Krueger; December 18, 2010 at 10:09pm.

Looks light your insight serves you well with the Nightsisters and Dathomir. Have you seen the latest Star Wars Insider?
    If not spoiler warning ahead:

Ok so it now looks like as the result of a star cruiser crash generations before a group Zabraks are now native to Dathomir and the males of the species are called 'Nightbrothers', of which Savage Opress is a member of. The males of Dathomir (human and Zabraks alike) are still subservients to the females so I'm glad they've at least kept that. Asajj Ventress is now a Nightsister from Dathomir as a pose to being from Rattatak.
    Now here's the big one, when Savage Opress fails his mission he is sent to his brother, living in exile in the Outer Rim, who will complete his training: Darth Maul!!! Yes apparently Darth Maul is still alive!!!
    Last edited by 13977; January 2, 2011 at 12:56pm.

Wanted:

Oh for cryin' out loud. And I'm not surprised that they can't seem to leave anything alone and connected to previous EU material. Seems to me alot of ships crash on Dathomir LOL I'm done with 'The Clone Wars'

Though the Darth Maul being alive has been visited before in comic book form.

I was just about to chime in that this does not stray far from the source material. It will be interesting to see how this one works out since there has been a resurrection, a clone, and a dream version of him after his death.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I was just about to chime in that this does not stray far from the source material. It will be interesting to see how this one works out since there has been a resurrection, a clone, and a dream version of him after his death.

I could be wrong but except for the dream and hologram versions of him, the clone and resurrection versions of him are in the Infinities canon, placing them outside the main canon. So I believe this will be the first main canon instance of him still being alive.

But in my personal canon I consider this clone wars series to be in the Infinities canon anyway, it's the only way I can enjoy it.
    Last edited by 13977; January 3, 2011 at 09:43am.

Wanted:

I hadn't known about the clone versions, but I had read about the brain controlling hologram version that fought Luke on Iridonia, and also the Infinities canon where Maul had tracked Kenobi to Tatooine and threatened Luke as a boy to draw Kenobi out. This is the version I think makes most sense, considering how in the SW universe, body parts seem to be replaced with ease, and if Maul had been gotten to soon enough, I suppose he could have some nice cybernetic legs attached. LOL
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 3, 2011 at 03:24pm.

I hadn't known about the clone versions, but I had read about the brain controlling hologram version that fought Luke on Iridonia, and also the Infinities canon where Maul had tracked Kenobi to Tatooine and threatened Luke as a boy to draw Kenobi out. This is the version I think makes most sense, considering how in the SW universe, body parts seem to be replaced with ease, and if Maul had been gotten to soon enough, I suippose he could have some nice cybernetic legs attached. LOL
    Yeah if he has to be in it I hope he has those sweet ass cybernetic legs like in the Visionaries TPB story.

Previews for this weeks episode are up:
    http://www.theforce.net/topstory/sto...ers_135917.asp

Another possible continuity issue with Dooku attempting to kill Ventress is that she's in other EU material right up to EPIII, specifically the Obsession comic series. So if Dooku doesn't take her back into the fold at some point, saying he was testing her worth or something, then it will create a another continuity problem.

But despite any continuity issue that arise from the next three episodes they do look like there going to be pretty action packed
    Not sure how much I liked the laserbow one of the Nightsisters is using though lol.
    Last edited by 13977; January 9, 2011 at 08:57am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Not sure how much I liked the laserbow one of the Nightsisters is using though lol.
    I was thinking the same thing. Why would you need a laser bow, when you could just as easily have a laser gun...
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Why would you need a laser bow, when you could just as easily have a laser gun...
    Maybe they are trying to be cool like Avatar

I mean if would be one thing if you did not have guns on the show but we know that is certainly not the case
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ok I'm going to go ahead and say it. Despite my initial continuity concerns this was IMO the best episode of season three, if not the entire series so far. Maybe they have learnt a lesson from the whole Mandalorian thing because this time they made a great job of tying together the existing EU story with the new elements introduced in this episode (hope I've not spoken to soon there). The new animation and music was great. I loved the inclusion of Asajj Ventress's fanblade fighter (I think it was the first time we've seen it anyway) and liked that they used concept art fromthe movies for the Mother Talzin design.
    The only small thing I didn't like (aside from the laserbows I mentioned in a previous post) was Asajj and the other two Nightsisters turning invisible, I think the poison dart to dull Dooku's senses so he could tell it was Asajj would have been enough.
    In fact I enjoyed this episode so much I watched it again straight after if finished. Great work, hope this is a sign of things to come

Wanted: