Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I watched the episode as well, and as such I would agree they seemed to do a better job of incorporating EU in Ventress' background, Dathomir itself does not look anything like it's been described before. I'm also concerned to note that there seems to no distinctio between the Witches of Dathomir and the Nightsisters.

I'm not sure if it was just me or if anyone else thought of it. But I saw subtle allusions to other sci-fi classics. Battlestar Galactica and Dune to be precise.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I'm not sure if it was just me or if anyone else thought of it. But I saw subtle allusions to other sci-fi classics. Battlestar Galactica and Dune to be precise.
    I thought the same thing. In the space battle scene, Anakin and Obi Wan fly past a ship with hangar bay pods and I immediately thought "that looks like Galactica!"

It was a total geek moment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I'm also concerned to note that there seems to no distinctio between the Witches of Dathomir and the Nightsisters.
    I noticed this too. Granted I always thought the Nightsisters should have escaped Dathomir in the Courtship of Princess Leia, then gone on to replace Palpatine (and the Sith) as leaders of the remnant of the Empire, but this feels like the whole of Dathomir is now just evil women non-sith. At least they're presented as powerful and on a similar level of skill with the Jedi and Sith. I don't remember them being quite that strong in the original book. Maybe I just misremember, but I did think Gethzarione seemed like she was potentially the female Palpatine, and was dispatched too quickly/easily. I love the Sith witch design though, I liked it more than Darth Maul's design, so I'm glad to see it given life elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Interesting the very last few seconds heh. Looks like someone falls to the Dark Side heh. Hope not as there is still plenty to tell regarding the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I think it's more likely mind control like those nose-snake things again.
    I may have to eat my words. Finally seeing it in HD, I see me some yellow eyes now that'd be hard to explain unless it's a dream sequence. Really hope that Ahsoka is not about to simply mirror Anakin's story, but something tells me it may actually be what would set her apart enough to survive the Jedi purge even if she ultimately did not lose herself to the Dark Side.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 13, 2011 at 09:40pm.

Great episode again this week though not quite as good as the last one. Had some very dark moments like the bladed whip thing that Ventress uses and when Savage kills his friend.
    Really looking forward to the next one.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Look Who's Making An Appearance

After the Nightsisters trilogy we’re going to be getting the much-talked-about three parter dealing with the Force and Anakin’s destiny as the Chosen One. Look who’s going to be appearing to Obi-Wan in spectral form: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/li...ars-exclusive/

Clone Wars just got a whole lot more interesting. Also, here are the synopses for each of the three episodes. Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled:

3x15 - Overlords
    "Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ahsoka Tano are drawn to the mysterious planet of Mortis. As Anakin learns about his destiny from a family of powerful Force users—the Father, Son, and Daughter—he faces his most difficult challenge yet. Can he bring balance to the Force?"

3x16 - Altar of Mortis
    "As the Jedi attempt to escape Mortis, Ahsoka is taken captive as a lure to seduce Anakin Skywalker to join the dark side. As Anakin battles against dark forces, the Father attempts to stop a confrontation between his children, which threatens to unbalance the Force completely."

3x17 - Ghosts of Mortis
    "Anakin Skywalker must choose between the light and dark side of the Force as he gains a disturbing insight into his own future. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka prepare for a decisive confrontation in their effort to unravel the mysteries of the planet. Can they ever escape Mortis?"

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    After the Nightsisters trilogy we’re going to be getting the much-talked-about three parter dealing with the Force and Anakin’s destiny as the Chosen One. Look who’s going to be appearing to Obi-Wan in spectral form: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/20/li...ars-exclusive/
    Ha I knew I was not crazy, called it on 10/27 after reading the Insider article

This season just keeps getting better

Wonder when we will see the Qui-Gon figure, that one will be a must buy.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Is this another continuity issue? Yoda tells Obi-wan of the ability to communicate from the other side at the end of Episode III. If Qui-Gon appears to Obi-Wan in CW, wouldn't he know about it when Yoda mentions it?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Is this another continuity issue? Yoda tells Obi-wan of the ability to communicate from the other side at the end of Episode III. If Qui-Gon appears to Obi-Wan in CW, wouldn't he know about it when Yoda mentions it?
    I was thinking about that, and the answer so far is I donít know. Iím sure theyíve got something up their sleeves. In ROTS, when Yoda mentions it to Obi-Wan, his reaction is one of disbelief. Now, maybe he reacts like that because heís amazed that Yoda seems to have been in contact with Qui-Gon as well, and that it wasnít just him, which is what he first thought?

To be fair, we havenít seen the episode yet. Iíve got a feeling that Obi-Wan sees the vision because of this planet itself, which seems to be quite important. Maybe he didnít really believe it after he saw it and just put it down to the planet? That way, the disbelief he shows when Yoda mentions it to him, whoís obviously not present when Obi-Wan sees Qui-Gon, is a reaction because he was convinced that it was just either a figment of his imagination or just a one-off event?

Sorry, thatís the best I can come up with until I see the episode. Youíll see it before me, as weíre a week behind in England.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Wow, they've been toying with the fans that Qui-Gon would be returning to actually bringing back Liam Neeson is a big deal.

The Star Wars guys are just as aware of the continuity as we all are. I'm sure they are going to explain meeting Qui-Gon soon enough and have it fit in with what happened in Ep 3.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    I was thinking about that, and the answer so far is I don’t know. I’m sure they’ve got something up their sleeves. In ROTS, when Yoda mentions it to Obi-Wan, his reaction is one of disbelief. Now, maybe he reacts like that because he’s amazed that Yoda seems to have been in contact with Qui-Gon as well, and that it wasn’t just him, which is what he first thought?

To be fair, we haven’t seen the episode yet. I’ve got a feeling that Obi-Wan sees the vision because of this planet itself, which seems to be quite important. Maybe he didn’t really believe it after he saw it and just put it down to the planet? That way, the disbelief he shows when Yoda mentions it to him, who’s obviously not present when Obi-Wan sees Qui-Gon, is a reaction because he was convinced that it was just either a figment of his imagination or just a one-off event?

Sorry, that’s the best I can come up with until I see the episode. You’ll see it before me, as we’re a week behind in England.
    I don't think it will actually be Qui-Gon's spirit in the episode, Obi-Wan just has a vision or an hallucination. There must be really good shrooms on that planet lol.

I'm really glad Liam Neeson is doing the voice, he's a great actor, but I wish it had been a flash back episode, like Obi-Wan remembering or telling a story to Anakin about an mission he and Qui-Gon went on. Would have been nice to see Qui-Gon and a young Obi-Wan.
    Last edited by 13977; January 21, 2011 at 04:31am.

Wanted:

If I were a little kid, I think that last episode would have freaked me out some. It was a pretty good episode.

Some other guest voices soon from theforce.net:

While on The ForceCast tonight, The Clone Wars Supervising Director Dave Filoni revealed some new information that should interest fans of The Force Unleashed and TCW alike.

"Coming up," Filoni told Jason and Jimmy, "You're actually going to have some people returning to portray characters in the Star Wars universe [who] have played [Star Wars] characters already. [...] I brought [in] Sam Witwer [...] and Adrienne Wilkinson to play characters in [TCW], though they are not playing the Secret Apprentice [...] or Maris Brood."

"I've met all the The Force Unleashed people," Filoni continued. "I know they're big fans of Star Wars. [...] I had some characters that I thought those two would suit nicely ... you will be hearing their voices in the future on Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It was great to have them become a part of the project. Sam is definitely one of the most knowledgeable fans of Star Wars I've ever met. To be honest, he is deep into stuff. That was a huge asset for me while creating the episode."

Jimmy did confirm with Filoni that Witwer and Wilkinson's voicework would appear in a Season 3 episode.

Anyway, Iím pumped for whatís coming up. It seems that Clone Wars is going to take a very spiritual tern.

And as for those two voice actors, Iíve got a feeling theyíre going to be playing those two apparent Force users in the upcoming three-parter.

Really enjoyed this episode again. I love how them are continuing from each other at the minute, its a lot better then the random order of the episodes.
    A small continuity problem with the jedi knowing Darth Maul's name. In the past they've always referred to him a 'the unknown sith lord' or something like that.
    I wonder if Ray Park will do Darth Maul's voice. I looking forward to seeing what Maul looks like, I really hope its like this:
    http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...Darth_Maul.jpg

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I wonder if Ray Park will do Darth Maul's voice.
    Ray Park didn't actually do Darth Maul's voice in Episode 1. That was dubbed in by the actor/comedian Peter Serafinowicz.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Ray Park didn't actually do Darth Maul's voice in Episode 1. That was dubbed in by the actor/comedian Peter Serafinowicz.
    Now you've said it I think I have heard that before, it might on the dvd special features or in an article in an issue of the Insider.

Wanted:

Yeah, Peter Serafinowicz is on English television quite a lot. They would certainly have to get him if Maul were to ever appear. I shouldn’t really be reading about Witches of the Mist, as we don’t get it until next week over here.

I just saw Monster, though, and what an episode! Absolutely fantastic. All the political episodes seem to be no more than a blip now. Savage Oppress is a monster. Really, really good episode. Very enjoyable and quite violent, too.

Yeah, Peter Serafinowicz is on English television quite a lot. They would certainly have to get him if Maul were to ever appear. I shouldnít really be reading about Witches of the Mist, as we donít get it until next week over here.

I just saw Monster, though, and what an episode! Absolutely fantastic. All the political episodes seem to be no more than a blip now. Savage Oppress is a monster. Really, really good episode. Very enjoyable and quite violent, too.
    Honestly these there episodes have been the best three of the entire clone wars run IMO!

Wanted:

Great little trilogy, and I am eager to see what becomes of Ventress now, as well as Mr. Oppress and his brother... (Heeheehee!!!)

This next set of episodes, however, looks extremely awesome, now, doesn't it? I woudn't worry about the continuity issue. I think that the properties of this mysterious planet are what leads Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to have their meeting. I think that Obi-Wan will feel that this is his only chance to have such a commune. In fact, this may go to explain why Obi-Wan's reaction to Yoda's news in ROTS is only that of fairly mild surprise, considering the idea of communing with the dead!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

There is a very interesting new preview clip just been posted:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001213.html

Make's me think it may have something to do with the Whills like Krueger said awhile back.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    There is a very interesting new preview clip just been posted:

http://www.starwars.com/video/view/001213.html

Make's me think it may have something to do with the Whills like Krueger said awhile back.
    Okay, I'm not watching it, but to resist is proving really hard. If they do have something to do with the Whills, I don't know how I'd react. It looks like Clone Wars is about to get very interesting.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Okay I did not like that vision of "Older Ahsoka" her head things (I forget the term) were WAY too long.

And now I'm betting the evil Ahoska is just the dark force guy in disguise. He's already taken the form of Shmi.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

more questions than answers...

if the planet WAS the force, every reason to believe that COULD be Qui Gon in the spirit, and not the good alien in disguise..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    It was actually a very good episode. I was intrigued the whole time. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

At least now I have hope for a Qui Gon Clone Wars figure.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Very interesting episode. I am very interested in seeing where else this trilogy takes us.

Qui-Gon could have been the Sister, but I tend to think that it was in fact him. I also think that Ahsoka's vision was genuine, as she's shown a propenity for having them. (I don't know why her lekku/head tails would be too long. Shaak Ti's are quite long.)

Having the Brother take the form of Shmi was very spooky, and the creatures into which they transformed were great.

I actually hope that the dark Ahska is not just another trick...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

WOW! This episode was just amazing!!!

The planet is the force, they say it in the episode, and I see the daughter and son as being the light and dark side of the force with the farther being the balance or keeper of the balance. I think all three visions were either the son or daughter and not the actual spirits of Qui Gon and Shimi or a future version of Ahsoka. To say I hate the Ahsoka character I really liked the future version of her, she had a very Lady Galadriel feel to her and don't think her head tail's are any longer then Shaak Ti's are in the movies. I also much prefer Ahsoka new outfit, much better then the boob tube!
    Was it just me or did that farther look at little like George Lucas himself?

I hope they explain the midichlorians further in this trilogy and tie them to the farther some how, like they were originally seeds he sent out into the galaxy.

The bit about Jedi and Sith being such simplified views of the force also ties quite well into some of the EU stuff like with Vergere and Jacen Solo.

The past four episodes have really turned this series around IMO, I wish it had been like this from the beginning, it just left my mind racing and visually it was also amazing!

Wanted: