Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    I missed the new episode. Did they go anywhere w/Darth Maul in the Outer Rim idea?
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by King Hsss View Post
    I missed the new episode. Did they go anywhere w/Darth Maul in the Outer Rim idea?
    No, most likely that will come later.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I thought the episode was pretty good. A bit un-Star Wars like, but that's not a bad thing.

I'm curious to see if Qui-Gon is really Qui-Gon as well.

So where were they? Another plane of existence? Extra-Dimensional, hidden pocket in space? Very curious to see where it goes.

I was most intrigued when the said the Sith were only one group that seek to exploit them. I wonder who the other are? And does Palpatine know of their existence?

For some reason, my DVR did not record this latest episode. Wierd. It should get the next repeat though.

I enoyed parts of it, some if it was just curious and confusing.
    But I'm sure they will be great when I can watch all three eps together.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Okay I was wrong It was the real Ahsoka but she was possessed/bewitched.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Doesn't seem like there was as much to keep up with this episode story wise. I am curious if or how much the characters will recall from this.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Not as good as last weeks but still enjoyed it. I was kind of hoping Anakin would be forced to kill Ahsoka then in his anger from that he would be powerful enough in the dark side to kill the son. I'm not sure how its going to play out but I think the son and farther will die.
    The commentary is not up on the main site yet, that's unusually for them.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Okay, that Dark Brother guy needs to be a toy now. Still annoys me that Darths Malak (who this guy reminds me of a lot) and Revan are so over priced, but I'm hoping this guy will be available in the near future (and Mother Talzin and Sa Vage too).

I had always thought Charal in the Ewoks: Battle For Endor made no sense as a Sith Witch since her magic involved animal transformation, but the last several episodes have made that connection more clear. As always I really want to see all this stuff coming into play with Luke after Vader's death.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 5, 2011 at 11:03am.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Okay, that Dark Brother guy needs to be a toy now. Still annoys me that Darths Malak (who this guy reminds me of a lot) and Revan are so over priced, but I'm hoping this guy will be available in the near future (and Mother Talzin and Sa Vage too).

I had always thought Charal in the Ewoks: Battle For Endor made no sense as a Sith Witch since her magic involved animal transformation, but the last several episodes have made that connection more clear. As always I really want to see all this stuff coming into play with Luke after Vader's death.
    Yeah I've been after a Darths Malak and Revan figure for ages now but like you say their just so expensive.

I like that they've retcond Charal into a Nightsister from Dathomir, though remember she could only do animal transformation with the aid of her ring, thats why she was stuck as a crow after the ring was taken from her.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yeah I've been after a Darths Malak and Revan figure for ages now but like you say their just so expensive.

I like that they've retcond Charal into a Nightsister from Dathomir, though remember she could only do animal transformation with the aid of her ring, thats why she was stuck as a crow after the ring was taken from her.
    Right, but even using a talisom seemed outside of how the Force worked. The Nightsisters (yeah, I meant them, not Sith) clearly have more mystical arts than we see with others, and would use something like the ring, while these latest characters have introduced physical transformations on top of that. Up to now, that seemed like a significant jump from the more familiar powers of teleknesis, telepathy/empathy, electrokensis, enhanced physical stamina, and precognition.

I really don't get why Malak and Revan aren't rereleased. They rerelease tons of others like droids all the time. It's like they are trying to help the secondary market with those two.

I think what we will see with these three act plays is
    1) first episodes asks a bunch of questions or challenges what we have known
    2) second episodes focus more on action
    3) third episode 'resolves' what was set up in the first two episodes. Resolves in quotations because it may not be a satisfying resolution.

At least that is what we get for this series, the Nightsister Trilogy, was a bit looser with that. But that had to do with more the questions asked were easily stated.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I think what we will see with these three act plays is
    1) first episodes asks a bunch of questions or challenges what we have known
    2) second episodes focus more on action
    3) third episode 'resolves' what was set up in the first two episodes. Resolves in quotations because it may not be a satisfying resolution.

At least that is what we get for this series, the Nightsister Trilogy, was a bit looser with that. But that had to do with more the questions asked were easily stated.
    I'd like to see this story arc left quite open to interpretation and speculation, not totally resolved and wrapped up in the next episode.

Wanted:

Good writing tends to leave something open to interpretation. Satisfying is the best word I could come up with, as when you have eaten to full you are satisfied. In this case you eat enough to keep you going till your next meal.

Just Saw Overlords

I just watched Overlords now. I’m still reeling from it. Throughout the episode I was just as confused as Anakin, but it held my attention. The Son and the Daughter are no doubt physical embodiments of the Force. At least that’s what I think. The Father, meanwhile, is basically what Anakin should be. Even at the end when the Father asks Anakin to take his place, you could see conflict in Anakin. He knew that what the Father was asking of him was the right path to take, but his own ego and selfishness allowed him to resist and basically set in motion the fall of the Galaxy.

I loved each of the visions the main characters had. Although I like to think that that was the real Qui-Gon I actually think it could have been the Father. His last comment to Obi-Wan seemed to be a warning. I also thought that Ashoka’s future self came across very well. It was pretty blatant what she was saying, IMO. Something like “If you continue to be his Apprentice you will never see your future”. I also liked Ashoka’s reaction. She knows that, in a lot of ways, Anakin is actually quite wrong and he might actually be leading her astray, but through her loyalty and love she can’t turn her back on him. At least that’s what I read into her reaction. Anakin’s vision was the most interesting, however. I simply loved the way his “mother” referred to Padme as a poisoner. Pretty profound and, honestly speaking, quite true. She, and his mother, are pretty much the main two ingredients needed to bring about birth of Darth Vader and the fall of the Republic. It’s just that none of the main characters realise it, least of all Anakin.

There was so much in this episode that I could just endlessly talk about. The superb animation for one. One things for sure, I definitely need to watch it again. It was so un-Star-Wars-like, but that’s what was so good about it. I must remember that there are still two parts to go. I would simply love it if there was some “blurry” vision of Vader himself, but I realise I’m asking too much.

One criticism I do have, though, is that I don’t know for the life of me why the Mortis trilogy doesn’t make up the Season finale. Something this profound should be saved for last.
    Last edited by Krueger; February 5, 2011 at 02:36pm.

And building off that, (spoilers). The reason the brother may have gotten stronger is because Anakin rejected the offer out of his own selfishness. The brother and sister state that at their basic level she is selfless, he is selfish. And the balance of the force is inbetween these two.

These episodes have been very interesting. My wife actually had a dream that she was in last night's episode ("Altar of Mortis")! I am really eager for next week's! There looks to be a LOT of foreshadowing in that one, huh?

This series just keeps getting better and keeps keeping me guessing.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Although I like to think that that was the real Qui-Gon I actually think it could have been the Father. His last comment to Obi-Wan seemed to be a warning. I also thought that Ashoka’s future self came across very well. It was pretty blatant what she was saying, IMO. Something like “If you continue to be his Apprentice you will never see your future”. I also liked Ashoka’s reaction. She knows that, in a lot of ways, Anakin is actually quite wrong and he might actually be leading her astray, but through her loyalty and love she can’t turn her back on him. At least that’s what I read into her reaction.
    RE Qui-Gon, seeing as he was said to have become one with the Force, there may in fact be little difference between him and the Father at this point. It may have been both of them, and the Father is the reason he was able to manifest as he did. In fact the Force spirits that we have seen in the movies may be coming into being because of the events in these episodes as the Father tries to set Anakin right by guiding Luke. Ah jeez, my old Star Wars geekiness is showing again. And I thought it was long dead...nice to feel this way again.

RE Ashoka, does anyone else think she may end up replacing the Daughter as an embodiment of the Light Side? I've got to think there will be repercussions to the Daughter putting life back into her. It'll be quite a waste if she just dies later.

EDIT: Hey cool, I just noticed Sam Witwer (Starkiller!) was the voice of the Son, and that was Pernilla August back as Shmi.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 5, 2011 at 10:30pm.

That's actually a pretty nifty idea, gbagok. Ahsoka taking the Daughter's place...Hmmm....
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    It's better than her dying.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

***Potential Heavy Spoilers***

This could potentially be one of those “I wish I didn’t read that” spoilers. I must stress the word potentially. Some people over at the TheForce.net message boards seem to think that Anakin will see some sort of vision of Luke. I don’t know about that. It would have to be handled just right.

I haven't even seen the second part yet, so I presume they must be talking about the third part. It does make you wonder why the episode will be called The Ghosts of Mortis, though?

I was also wondering about this whole thing, how much is real? How much is dream? I have already wondered how much is recalled. I recall Anakin being somewhat impressed with the idea of bringing in his mother back from the dead. It could be argued what happened here is different, but still fairly similar.

One of the things that has kind of bothered me was in both episodes Anakin without much prompting into how to has done something very unique in the force. Specifically this time, and best I can tell he had no prompting on how to do it.

There are several things that are interesting right now.

Something I really liked was how thrown and worried Anakin looked while fighting Ahsoka. It was really satisfying to see something other than that mask-like scowl on his face in a fight, to see him actually unsure and even afraid of hurting his opponent. I don't think we've ever seen him look like that in any battle he's ever been in.

RE the visions in the next episode, it would be really really nice if they plant seeds to explain why Anakin finally stepped in to reassert himself against Vader and Palpatine in Return of the Jedi. If has a vision that predicts that last battle with Luke, it could be great. Setting that up is a lot to ask of these three episodes though, it's for me the biggest failing of the prequels that they did not really set up how Anakin was able to redeem himself if he had fallen as badly as we knew he would. I love this Dark Brother guy (he needs a NAME!!!) as a spiritual corruption beyond Palpatine's influence.

Finally I would hope that most of this will be remembered. If they reset it all and wipe the characters memories, how rotten is that? I suspect Anakin might very well see lots of things that will happen on Mustafar, but Lucas put forward that Anakin had more or less already died by then and wasn't himself on Mustafar. So who's to say he was able to recall anything.

And finally, how great it would be (again) to get a series in this style set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back and/or Return of the Jedi to continue any of these story threads into the behind the scenes of the classic trilogy. Oh man, I 'm really going to be disappointed again...
    Last edited by gbagok; February 7, 2011 at 03:11pm.

Just got caught up, LOVE the last two story arcs. I swear just when you think the show is good it moves the bar up another notch.

Must have toys of Qui-Gon, Father, Light Sister and Dark Brother
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Commentary for the last episode is finally up and is quite interesting. It talks about how these episode's are smiler to the encounter Luke has in the tree on Dagobah in TESB.

This weeks preview is also interesting hinting at the vision of Anakin's future like Krueger was on about.

Wanted: