Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Umm, what EU resurrection story? The only ones I've heard of were comic one shots that weren't actually included as a part of the EU, like the Maul going after Kenobi on Tatooine with his nice new droid legs.
    That's the one. I thought it was EU canon. Didn't like it, so if EU ignored it, great.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That's the one. I thought it was EU canon. Didn't like it, so if EU ignored it, great.
    Yeah, basically, as far as I’m aware, there is no official EU story dealing with Darth Maul’s resurrection. So in that respect, for once, depending on your attachment to the EU, Clone Wars won’t be treading on anyone’s toes.

I’m not going to be like the hoard of Internet Lucas-Haters who are already writing this story off just for the sake of it. I’m going to wait and see how they handle it. I seem to recall that a lot of people wrote off the whole Savage Opress story before it got underway, and that turned out to be one of the finest Clone Wars story arcs, IMO.

If Savage finds Maul chilling out on Korriban, I will flip.

So....according to NYCC, Darth Maul is coming back? Anyone there hear if it's a flashback or if he's resurrected (and if that'll contradict his current EU resurrection story?).
    Oh Maul is definitely coming back! Check out the official site for the return of Darth Maul teaser trailer!

Apparently no new episode this week though.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Actually liked the story with the droids..always fun to have new Anthony Daniels situations... So glad he doesn't have an understudy
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Actually liked the story with the droids..always fun to have new Anthony Daniels situations... So glad he doesn't have an understudy
    I laughed when C-3P0 knocked R2-D2 over and killed the leader guy. I was expecting him to get hurt, but not killed. It was a fun episode. As much as I enjoy this series (it is probably my favorite current show on television), part of me thinks they should try to wrap it up in 5 seasons. I know the original plan was for around a 100 episodes.

The main site has a trailer and preview images for the next episode "Darkness on Umbara". This is going to be a four episode arc so I hope its really good and we finally get to see Pong Krell, the Besalisk jedi we see in the trailers

The preview images also has picture of a starfighter I don't think we seen in the series before and looks like it could very well be a version of the Z-95 Headhunter for all you EU fans here

The past two episodes have been a bit lackluster for me, I enjoyed them in some ways as they remind me of the Droids cartoon (wish we could finally get the full series of that on DVD) but in other ways it just left me thinking 'Oh dear!'. I preferred the second one to the first one.

Wanted:

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I've lost most interest in the show and am simply focusing on the Star Wars novels that come out, since they are loads better than the drivel we've been getting in the show. Darth Plagueis by James Luceno is finally being released in Jan, can't wait to read that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Oh, gosh. I couldn't disagree more. The novels never truly felt like Star Wars to me. Ugh!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I wasn't a fan of the last couple Clone Wars. The violence is very blunt and most the time is just there to look over the top and "cool." As an adult I can enjoy it, but they're getting more and more violent for children and focused less and less on character developement.
    I especially don't like Anakin's replacement Jedi. I know he is a general but Jedi serve the force and protect "life," not rush into battle just because you have a lot of expendable clones.
    Worst episode ever, IMO.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

I am really not a fan of this guy currently in charge of the Clones, I was sitting here yelling at the scream for the troopers to revolt.

How the heck did he become a Jedi??!?! I assume this arc is going to end with him learning to listen and treat the Clones are people but its just so far out from how the Jedi have worked with the Clones at this point imho
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

This episode was great! Pong was certainly different Jedi, but they're all unique. Interesting how he called Rex by name at the end...maybe he's warming up to these clones. Umbara is pretty spooky. It was certainly intense, but I wouldn't say the violence was over the top; it is Clone WARS, right?

I'm looking forward to the next ep!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I don't know if over the top was the right term, it just seems more overt than it did earlier in the series. I mean, you see clones shoot people in the head, at least two times.

And I still don't like Pong, he doesn't seem to share a regard for all living beings like Jedi are supposed to.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

I can probably see where they want to take this Jedi, I just don't think this is the place to do that specific thing. so Meh.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yeah I think his lack of caring about the Clones is my big issue. To date we have always been told that Anakin was the rouge, he is the one who really does not adhere to a lot of the tenants of the Jedi which makes his risky and unstable.

Now you have this Jedi who apparently thinks of the Clones as just numbers to do his bidding and is so pigheaded he can't see when something is going wrong and allows his men to die because of it.

I am not saying there are no Jedi like that, but it just seems so out of place after the years of Jedi's we have been shown.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I think this was the best episode of season 4 so far.
    It had load of action and visually it was just jaw dropping!
    Looks like the starfighter I was on about in the preview is actually a Z-85 Headhunter, I hope we get to see these ships in more detail in future episodes. (Edit: this has now been confirmed as a spelling mistake and it is in fact a version of the Z-95)

While I agree with some people saying Pong Krell is out of character for a Jedi I think he deserves a more detailed analysis. Yes Anakin (followed by Quinlan Vos) is considered the rouge of the Jedi Order, and before him it was Qui-Gon Jinn, and the only reason Anakin is tolerated is because some believe him to be the Chosen one. But with Master Krell I like to think he hasn't always been this way, or has others have pointed out he never would have made it through his training and become a Jedi.
    While he must have possessed some of his underlining characteristics (being blunt, strict and 'by the book' etc), I suspect the toils of war have made him hard and bitter, resulting his apparent low opinion of clones which may be his way of distancing himself and not becoming attached to his troops who's life expectancy is not the best.
    There have been other stories in the EU dealing with how some Jedi have become distraught with the extremely high death toll of clones in the war and until we get more information on this guy I like to think this is what is happening here. Then again maybe I'm over analysing and he is just a ****.

The theme of this story really reminded me of the Kubrick film Paths of Glory.

One thing I was a little curious about though was the Umbarans were wearing some kind of environment suit which some kind of gas came out of when the helmet was smashed. yet it's there home planet and the Clones cold breath fine when they took their helmets off?
    Last edited by 13977; November 14, 2011 at 05:24am.

Wanted:

I just got caught up and I agree Krell is jaded by war.

I really hope there is a showdown between him and Anakin coming up.

Wow what a good episode, the space battle was just breath taking. The only thing that has let this story arc down a little is how statically un-jedi like Krell is with no sign of any growth in his character. I really hope in the next episode we get some more background information on this guy and why he is this way, and I also hope we get to see his use his lightsaber's more as the brief moments we have seen him use them have been really sweet.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Wow what a good episode, the space battle was just breath taking. The only thing that has let this story arc down a little is how statically un-jedi like Krell is with no sign of any growth in his character. I really hope in the next episode we get some more background information on this guy and why he is this way, and I also hope we get to see his use his lightsaber's more as the brief moments we have seen him use them have been really sweet.
    Krell's yellow eyes make him look like he's got the darkside in him. And honestly he reminds me of Jenner the villain from The Secret of Nimh. I have a feeling he could be a double agent, but if he's not then I think they're taking the flaws of the Jedi too far with his characterization. I hope the episode after this four parter is not another droids or Gungans romp. The clones episodes aren't awful, but it's frustrating knowing that they'll all just get turned into mind-wiped zombie slaves when order 66 starts (or do they?). Unfortunately Clone Wars tends to put episodes I like more in the later half of every season, so I'm kind of meh still with this season.

Krell's yellow eyes make him look like he's got the darkside in him. And honestly he reminds me of Jenner the villain from The Secret of Nimh. I have a feeling he could be a double agent, but if he's not then I think they're taking the flaws of the Jedi too far with his characterization. I hope the episode after this four parter is not another droids or Gungans romp. The clones episodes aren't awful, but it's frustrating knowing that they'll all just get turned into mind-wiped zombie slaves when order 66 starts (or do they?). Unfortunately Clone Wars tends to put episodes I like more in the later half of every season, so I'm kind of meh still with this season.
    I think we are going to see that Order 66 did not control all the Clones. Something tells me over the last 4 seasons they have been trying to implant the idea that they can overpower the command and that will be how certain characters escape, continue into hiding for Vader to hunt down later.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think we are going to see that Order 66 did not control all the Clones. Something tells me over the last 4 seasons they have been trying to implant the idea that they can overpower the command and that will be how certain characters escape, continue into hiding for Vader to hunt down later.
    Which is why I want to see Anakin return from his duties at the senate and tie up with Krell over the handling of his troops. If Anakin comes back, sees the losses and goes "dark side" on Krell, it helps build credibility toward his eventual fall AND as Vader hunting down clones that don't succumb to Order 66 helps bring that full circle (in effect becoming like Krell and not valuing life - even cloned life).

Plus it's be great to see Obi Wan or another Master have to separate the two of them.

I agree the yellow/flaming eyes at the end of the last episode could imply he's turned to the Dark Side or is at least walking the line. Any Jedi with that much anger and aggression has to be at least walking the line, and to be honest I kind of hope he has, then I would be able to accept his characterization. If he hasn't and then give no justifiable backstory for his characterization then I agree with you that they're taking the flaws of the Jedi too far with his characterization and would have been better of using a non-Jedi military leader such Tarkin for this role.

I've never been much of a fan of the over individualization of the Clone troopers as we've seen in the Clone Wars and think for the most part when Order 66 is issued it's literally like a genetic switch in them is switched. A few of them may be able to override it but most of them will be ARC troopers or clone commando's who were designed to think more independently then the standard clone troopers. I haven't read the Republic Commando novels but I think they cover this quite a bit, not that they'll stick to that in the Clone Wars .
    Take Cody and Obi-Wan for example, they perhaps have one of the closest friendships that exist between and clone trooper and a Jedi in the whole Republic army, yet in EPIII Cody shoots Obi-Wan down with out hesitation as if they had never met and they were only just having a joke seconds before. Rex and Anakin is another good example but of course Rex's fate has yet to be reviled.
    Having said that and as markatisu pointed out, in the Clone Wars we've even seen Clone Troopers that have deserted, so who knows.

Wanted:

This week's preview is up on starwars.com and it looks like Krell is hellbent on executing the 2 clones.

SPOILERS - HIGHLIGHT TO READ:
    He even says they are defective because they don't blindly obey. If you read the bios on the associated pages it states that Cmdr. Cody couldn't resist order 66, but Rex's fate has yet to be revealed.

End Spoilers.

Should be a good episode.
    Last edited by BlueStreak; November 17, 2011 at 09:49am. Reason: Fixing a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    If you read the bios on the associated pages it states that Cmdr. Cody couldn't submit to order 66, but Rex's fate has yet to be revealed.
    Well they've got that wrong about Cody because in EPIII he orders an AT-TEs to fire at Kenobi as soon as he receives Order 66.
    Last edited by 13977; November 17, 2011 at 11:47am.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Well they've got that wrong about Cody because in EPII he orders an AT-TEs to fire at Kenobi as soon as he receives Order 66.
    Oops - my bad. That should have read couldn't RESIST.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Oops - my bad. That should have read couldn't RESIST.
    Which takes us back to the problem that most of the clones are going to be erased and turned into slaves. Reference to some being defective and thus able to resist order 66 are kind of interesting, but it's frustrating that that appears to be random chance since even an ally like Cody turned/will turn bad.