Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Like I said, I don't know how I feel about Maul. I never needed him to be back. As far as ratings grabs, I get it, but it's quite a credibility push and plus anything they can do with him they could have done with just Savage. Luring Obi Wan into a trap by a "disturbance in the Force" seems very lazy for this show. And wasn't that the point of basically introducing Savage, a Darth Maul clone if there ever was one? But that's why I focused on the voice work, as that I liked.

Mother Talzin is awesome!

Any more than one Cad Bane figures is too many, particularly when characters I like a whole lot more don't have any.

Darth Maul shouldn't have went out like he did it's part of the problem with Episode 1, heck I just read a viewing order that says to watch Episode 4 - 5 - 2 - 3 -6 and sometime later watch 1 when you feel like it the guy showed it to a friend who had never seen Star Wars and it worked perfectly.

That said Maul didn't need to return like you guys said. I like Bane and Talzin, but I don't collect figures in that size, I have thought about getting a Cad Bane but still I don't collect that size.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The 1st part of the season finale was pretty good. It looks like Darth Maul will go from spider legs to two legs in the 2nd part. I hope they give a pretty good explanation on how he could still be alive.
    meh, look at a number of others who were horribly damaged like darth vader himself. I will just assume maul fell down and some sort of emergency medical droid helped him. really any explanation will be fine by me. Heck, chalk it up to Sith training
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I have a question, how do the Jedi know Darth Maul's name?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I have a question, how do the Jedi know Darth Maul's name?
    That's actually a pretty good question. Maybe Dooku mentioned it in passing during an encounter with some of the jedi or something. I wouldn't hold out for a better official answer as I imagine its just an oversight on the writer's behalf.

The season finale was pretty good. I'd still prefer that they didn't bring Darth Maul back, but he does have strong merchandising appeal. They didn't really say much about how he survived other than his hate he had for Obi (which I guess is somewhat similar to Darth Vader).
    Last edited by Firefly; March 18, 2012 at 12:21pm.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Im just annoyed that they wiped out the Nightsisters...they and their planet were inspired!!

and I love the Arc Ventress is on,its a shame that she will -Probably- hafta die before the end of the Series. But I love her and am very glad to have pre ordered the 1:1 bust of her!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I found the finale to be lackluster at best. What a waste. I thought the season overall was really strong but this was by far the worst finale.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm not a fan of bringing back Maul. It really makes no sense. What actually happened in this episode? Nothing except bringing Maul back. There was no closure at all. Making Ventress some kind of sympathetic hero is a horrible idea. What I'd like to know is what is Kenobi going to do with her now?

One thing that really bothered me was how Maul got his "new" legs back. Mother Talzin restores Maul's mind but gives him robotic legs? Is Mother Talzin some kind of mechcanical genius? Using "magic" to give him robotic legs makes no sense. With the amount of power she's been shown in the past, why not just give him back his regular legs? It would have made much more sense.

I know it's not going to happen but Katie Lucas is a horrible writer and she needs to go.
    Last edited by Bonehead; March 18, 2012 at 12:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The finale came off very fanficcy. Which is interesting considering that's basically George's view of the novels (granted many I hear deserve that moniker).

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

i thought it was supposed to be the return of maul. not the return of some crazy dude that looks like maul.

Talzin's magic reminds me of the witch Charal from the Ewoks: Battle For Endor movie. She dressed similarly and had a "magic" ring that she used to transform into a bird like a MOTU character. I loved her, she was the only really great thing to come out of the Ewok movies. And yet her powers were a lot more fanciful than even the Force had been in the Star Wars movies. I like that the more magical aspects of the Force are being used in the series now, but I don't like how lazy it felt to use green smoke to give Maul robot legs. Like Bonehead said, why not go for broke and just give him back real legs? There had to be plenty of places to go to give him new robotic ones, that just seems to be abusing magic. I like Talzin, but I don't get her plan at all since her plot with Savage appeared to be thwarted by her other "plot" with Ventress. Maybe Talzin is just a ****** planner, but that's a big let down if that's the actual answer. At this point, both Savage and Maul seem redundant too. I'd like to think it's going to have a good pay off, but I have the annoying feeling that seeing Maul IS the pay off and if so then that stinks. I'd rather get flashbacks to how he and Dooku first fell into Darth Sidious's service. If Savage's initiation was basically the same as Maul's, then I really think we needed Maul back.

I have to believe Palpatine has a hand in Talzin's actions somehow as we now know he recruited Darth Maul through her, and the two seem comparable as masters of the dark side--or whatever side Talzin is using. Actually, she might even have a whole different relationship to the Force since she appeared to have the power to remove Ventress's yellow Sith-eye look. Since getting the yellow eyes (and losing them) is such a big deal to the overall saga for both the Sith and the Jedi, Talzin's ability seems to be pretty significant. Only those Force Using spirits from last season did anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Im just annoyed that they wiped out the Nightsisters...they and their planet were inspired!!
    There are meant to be several clans of Nightsisters around the planet and I think it was just Mother Talzin's clan that was wiped out. I don't think we've seen the last of Talzin and the Nightsisters.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Talzin's magic reminds me of the witch Charal from the Ewoks: Battle For Endor movie. She dressed similarly and had a "magic" ring that she used to transform into a bird like a MOTU character.
    Its funny you should say that because if you don't already know they actually retconned Charal to make her a Dathomiri Witch.

This season had some enjoyable episodes but as a whole I don't think it was as good as season three.

Wanted:

Least shocking news of the day, the show was renewed for another season at the CN Upfronts today

I know Dave Filoni already confirmed it in Jan but its official now, the 100th episode will fall in the middle of the season.

Lucas has always said he wanted to go at least 5 seasons and 100 episodes before his story was done, and ratings are still really high. So I wonder if it will just keep going to Season 6 and 7, at this rate they could do 200 episodes and still not get to Episode III
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Least shocking news of the day, the show was renewed for another season at the CN Upfronts today

I know Dave Filoni already confirmed it in Jan but its official now, the 100th episode will fall in the middle of the season.

Lucas has always said he wanted to go at least 5 seasons and 100 episodes before his story was done, and ratings are still really high. So I wonder if it will just keep going to Season 6 and 7, at this rate they could do 200 episodes and still not get to Episode III
    Yet another reason I consider this series a separate canon to the rest of the EU. I know I rip the series a fair bit but I do enjoy it and am more then happy to see it continue, however there is only so much stuff that can happen in the three year time period between EpII and EPIII, and with the EU already loaded with stories in this period (not to mention all the continuity contradictions CW has made) I have to consider CW a separate canon just to fit it in.

Wanted:

A few details on Season 5 have been released:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...ils_145968.asp

Nice to see some EU stuff in there, but hope its not contradicting existing EU sources too much.

Wanted:

Heroic Warrior
    The only reason I watch this show is because of Ahsoka and wondering if she some how survives(doubt it) and if she does how did she survive the events of the third movie.

There's an implication with the fact that Lucas was wanting to do a live action series, and a few other things that Order 66 wasn't complete. Still there is the problem she isn't around during the whole third movie, but again she is also never mentioned. Which by mentioning her could ruin what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    The only reason I watch this show is because of Ahsoka and wondering if she some how survives(doubt it) and if she does how did she survive the events of the third movie.
    Really? I actually think she's the worst thing about the show and it would be better with out her in it

Wanted:

I didn't mind her first or new look. I did find her a bit annoying at first, after the outfit change she is better. I did find myself wondering what happened to her this past season though at times.

Maybe she got the message obi-wan sent and escaped into obscurity living to a ripe old age(I've always loved asoka noth old and new outfit)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I love Ahsoka too. At first she was really annoying but after the backlash after season 1, the writers did a good job of "fixing" her.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Really? I actually think she's the worst thing about the show and it would be better with out her in it
    I like her because she brings out a different, much needed, side of Anakin. In the movies Anakin is such a snotty little jerk. When he turns in ROTS, I personally don't feel sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I didn't mind her first or new look. I did find her a bit annoying at first, after the outfit change she is better. I did find myself wondering what happened to her this past season though at times.
    Yeah I know. She's Anakin's padawan but she's hardly ever with him. You'd think that they would be connected at the hip.

I know early on it had to do with how they were jumping around the time line, and she hadn't become his padawan yet. I get the feeling they wanted to keep that feeling of sometimes she isn't there so they are having her on her own missions, or she is sent on secret missions without her. Also a few story arcs were more about Kenobi. Really I just wish we had more then 13 episodes at a time. I love when a property I like is putting out stuff I like, and this falls into that.

Wanted:

Extended Season 5 Trailer

Looks exceptional. Animation looks jaw-dropping. Sidious vs. Maul & Savage. So many things to look forward to:

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadod View Post
    Maybe she got the message obi-wan sent and escaped into obscurity living to a ripe old age(I've always loved asoka noth old and new outfit)
    Until the Clone Wars tells me otherwise, and probably even then, this is exactly what happens in "my canon". I also believe she has a battle with Darth Vader at some point. At least she does on my toy shelf. She's my favourite character from all the Star Wars media.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Looks exceptional. Animation looks jaw-dropping. Sidious vs. Maul & Savage. So many things to look forward to:
    I haven't seen nearly enough of this series. This is a really cool... HOLY CRAP!! Sith vs. Sith!! That looks awesome!