Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Okay that does look pretty cool.

I haven't been keeping up with the series, I haven't even seen any of season 4 so I think it is time to play catch up.

Wooo Can't wait!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Looking good

Nice to see some Falleen, though they conformed in the panel that Xizor would not appear.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of the series (it kinda bored me). The only episode I like is Nomad Droids because it was like watching an episode of the Droids animated series (all it was missing was Threepio blinking).

I need to catch up on this. I loved the first two season, but we've been watching them on DVD. I really need to pick up season 3 this month.

I have to say, I find this series to be one of the best animated series I have ever watched. I enjoy it much more than the prequels (which I'm partial to- I ain't a hater.)
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I really enjoy the show - partially because I love the Jedi, and seeing them highlighted - with actual speaking parts, characterization, etc, is great. I'm not so crazy about them bringing Maul back, but I suppose I can live with it.

I fear Asohka will not survive the series - but I really hope she does.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I fear Asohka will not survive the series - but I really hope she does.
    I think they have to kill her off, though. Leaving her alive would open one hell of a can of worms.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah I fear they will kill Asohka off, wich sucks because she is one of the few characters I like on this show.

New series starts this week. There's a trailer and Q&A here:
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/s...com_148181.asp

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I think they have to kill her off, though. Leaving her alive would open one hell of a can of worms.
    I'm still leaning towards them not killing her off. She could always just quit the Jedi. I think Captain Rex will get killed, though.

Spoilers

I really enjoyed the first episode apart from yet another continuity mess-up by them killing Adi Gallia, in the existing EU was is killed by Grievous in the comic series Obsession which take place just before EPIII. Her death really served no purpose to the story and they could have just any Jedi to avoid the continuity conflict.
    But despite this small issues and because I personally consider The Clone Wars to be a separate canon to the rest of the EU I did really enjoyed this episode and hoping series 5 continues as it started. From the previews it looks like next weeks episode will start the Onderon story arc.

Wanted:

To be honest, I'm really not enjoying this Darth Maul plotline. I know he has a lot of fans, but I'm just finding this plotline superfluous, and he wasn't really a character I felt I needed back. Maybe the plotline will end up going somewhere worthwhile, but at the moment I could do without it.

To be honest, I'm really not enjoying this Darth Maul plotline. I know he has a lot of fans, but I'm just finding this plotline superfluous, and he wasn't really a character I felt I needed back. Maybe the plotline will end up going somewhere worthwhile, but at the moment I could do without it.
    Errr I'm enjoying the Maul episodes for what they are but I agree he didn't need to be brought back and frankly think it was a bit ridiculous after the way he was killed, as we say in the MOTUC forum 'in my canon' Maul was killed in EPI and never brought back in the CW. As I've said several times in this thread I have to consider this Clone Wars series to be either non-canon or a separate canon, its the only way I can enjoy the series.

ForceCast.net also pointed a small spoiler from the newly released The Star Wars Essential Reader's Companion for what's to come in season 5:

The Star Wars Essential Reader's Companion is hitting the shelves of bookstores everywhere today and it's a book any fan will love. It's THE bible of Star Wars fiction reference. Plus, it gives a few interesting clues about what to expect in season five of The Clone Wars. For example, check out this tasty passage from page 161 discussing The Force Unleashed:

The surprising tale and concept for the game received personal approval from George Lucas, but it does not occupy a higher standard of canon than any other Expanded Universe lore. That is, it still exists outside the movies and television series produced by Lucas and would be subordinate to mythology revealed in those media. For example, Lucas's alternate explanation for the roots of the Rebel Alliance appear in season five of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which take precedence over Starkiller's involvement.

Sure seems like author Pablo Hidalgo is essentially prepping the masses for what sounds like a contradiction to the currently established EU canon of The Force Unleashed. Strap yourselves in all you continuity cops and canon watchdogs, it's going to be a wild ride!

Look for The Star Wars Essential Reader's Companion on sale TODAY, October 2nd.
    Now this is one continuity contradiction I wont mind as I hate the version of the birth of the Rebel Alliance story that The Force Unleashed introduced which contradiction the established one anyway, so a third version can't be any worse and I suspect from the EPIII deleted scenes it might be closer to the original. Maybe we'll even see Garm Bel Iblis .

Last edited by 13977; October 3, 2012 at 06:06am.

Wanted:

Hey Asohka fans, there's been a fair bit of discussion about this in this thread already so check out the quote from Dave Filoni's blog:

I think this is an incredibly exciting time for all of us. I am being reunited with old friends of mine from my Disney days and getting ready, like all of you, for Episodes VII, VIII, and IX. When Revenge of the Sith was over, I found myself in the incredible position of carrying the torch forward. Now I can see the incredibly bright light that is the future of Star Wars. For those of you who are fans of The Clone Wars, do not worry. We have many stories left to tell, and every one of them came directly from George himself. Right down to the last one, where that thing with Ahsoka happens…
    Last edited by 13977; November 8, 2012 at 11:28am.

Wanted:

Heroic Warrior
    "where that thing with Ahsoka happens..." well that only adds more questions.

Ah yes, I read that by Filoni on the force.net. Of course, it’s easy to say that he must be referring to her death. I hope that is what he's referring to. As I've said before, I believe that keeping her alive will open the biggest can of worms the Internet has ever seen.

I wouldn't say it opens more questions, as we all know something happens to her, either she dies, gets put into a coma, put on a bus, has her powers removed, becomes some higher being.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    I would be fine with those can of worms, so I say put in a coma/sespended animation, send her on a "bus", make her a higher being, etc.

It could make for an interesting story if she vanishes/disappears, possibly with Anakin believing her dead, and having her resurface many years later and cross paths with Luke & Leia in one of the new films.

Perhaps(After all she COULD have gotten the signal to stay away.)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I'm a Val-Pal.
    It could make for an interesting story if she vanishes/disappears, possibly with Anakin believing her dead, and having her resurface many years later and cross paths with Luke & Leia in one of the new films.
    I think she will live past Clone Wars now that Star Wars is owned by Disney and she will eventually meet Luke and Leia as well, since her species can live past 100 and being Force sensitive only prolongs that as well
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I'm way out of date on the SW EU books, but from what I read (through the whole Darth Caedus thing), I don't recall Luke ever really getting to hear what happened during the Clone Wars/Ep III period. (I guess R2 never told him?) It would be kind of poignant to run into someone who knew, liked, and admired the person Anakin Skywalker was before his fall.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I'm way out of date on the SW EU books, but from what I read (through the whole Darth Caedus thing), I don't recall Luke ever really getting to hear what happened during the Clone Wars/Ep III period. (I guess R2 never told him?) It would be kind of poignant to run into someone who knew, liked, and admired the person Anakin Skywalker was before his fall.
    there was a book that did that, but i can't remember which one it was at the moment... it was sort of a side story as i recall...basically r2 showing luke episode 3 events
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    there was a book that did that, but i can't remember which one it was at the moment... it was sort of a side story as i recall...basically r2 showing luke episode 3 events
    It was in one of the Dark Nest trilogy books, The Joiner King I believe. Artoo was refusing to show Luke the his recordings of what happened on Mustafar and between Padme and Anakin. Artoo thinks he is protecting Luke by not letting him see the images, but meanwhile Artoo seems to be malfunctioning as well, possibly since he's never had a memory dump.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

If they want to let Ahsoka live, I'll be happy. In general I like her. I want to see her and Barriss Offee team up, I want Lux Bonteri to kiss her dammit, and I want another rematch with her and Asajj Ventress.

I didn't need Darth Maul back either, and I kind of hope he'll be done by seasons end or they turn a big corner with him. I like Mother Talzin, but her plot with Maul and Savage is taking a long time to go in a fairly predictable direction. Heck, the trailers basically showed us it'll climax with them fighting Sidious who we all know has to survive (or is it a set up for Clone Emperors?). I like Sam Witwer's voice, but I liked his role as the Son from season three more and sadly that guy doesn't have a figure yet while Savage has several. Too bad.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406