Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Last episode was exactly what I was predicting... Ashoka leaving just b4 she is made a knight. I hope that Luke finds her in Episode 7, and gets a tale or 2 about who anakin was b4 he fell. I would love for Ashoka to have a strong role in the new republic!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

The question now is where do they go from here. Technically with the way they time skip between movies it could just go end right there with the show.

With the show going on, Ahsoka's story isn't exactly over with based on the fact she makes the statement she needs to find out who she is. I doubt this is really the last we see of her. Leaving her like this does beg the question even more of what she was doing during EP3. I do in many ways though see Ahsoka kind of being Annakin's Robin, the one who kept him grounded despite her own struggles and now that she is has left we will start to see him going further. The fight between him and Bariss even shows this, he was quite noticeably lashing out with anger, and interestingly enough none of those around watching thought much of it.

I do think we will see Ahsoka again, because she is currently a loose end. Anakin being more open to the dark side is going to be seen more during this season. I would like to see when all is said and done episode, 2 clone wars, then episode 3.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The question now is where do they go from here. Technically with the way they time skip between movies it could just go end right there with the show.
    if we get confused with thetime skips, what about average viewers? The Maul arc was totally dropped mid season.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Really enjoyed the episode but wish they'd used a different Jedi then Barriss, I'm sure we'll see Ashoka next series, in fact I'm confident she rejoin the Jedi Order before long, especially after having seen the episode featurette on the main site where Dave Filoni says they were originally going to have her rejoin the Order at the end of the episode but decided to change it during production.

Dave Filoni also says in the episode featurette that he has always been in the Ashoka lives camp and George has always been in the Ashoka dies camp. I was really surprised to hear him say this as we all know George has the final say and gets what he wants, so it could be interpreted as a major spoiler
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    And Clone Wars is ending after the Young Justice cancellation earlier this year and now this, it is getting ridiculous.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...in-development

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    And Clone Wars is ending after the Young Justice cancellation earlier this year and now this, it is getting ridiculous.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...in-development
    unlike young justice, this story wise is the PErFECT place to end Clone Wars.. One more season would be just well enough.

now, is the new series still going to be live action? I'd prefer animated..
    Geek Media -

I'm not happy with this at all. Will we ever find out what happens with Asoka? What about Captain Rex? Now Maul is a loose end as are the Mandalorians.

I really had no interest in Detours, so that doesn't bother me.

I just hope Disney doesn't turn it's back on Clone Wars and suddenly say its not canon or anything like that. If they are moving forward with a new series, maybe it'll be set a between eps 3 & 4.

It doesn't really come as a surprise. Disney will want to divert attention away from the less-popular prequel era of Star Wars and focus heavily on things post-Return of the Jedi.

So a new show is coming? I think the new show will be based between ROTJ and Episode 7, with each series spanning five years or so. It seems as though Disney wants to focus on the ST, so a new series leading up to it would make sense. By the looks of it Detours has been shafted, too. Can't say I care too much. At least we're getting the conclusion of the CW series to tie up all the loose ends. The clip on the official site looked amazing. Some potentially very interesting stuff.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I'm telling ya, Asoka will show up in Episode 7 as a long lost Jedi come to kill Luke and Leia for all the destruction and death Vader and Palpatine inflicted on the galaxy LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    It doesn't really come as a surprise. Disney will want to divert attention away from the less-popular prequel era of Star Wars and focus heavily on things post-Return of the Jedi.
    less popular? Clone Wars got it right! Uncle George and the prequels, not so much ;o)
    Geek Media -

It says they are going to make some bonus material, hopefully to wrap up the loose ends. Thematically the story of Ahsoka works as is, it's just the loose ends that need to be tied up.

The biggest loose end with Ahsoka though is as it stands the lack of mention of her in the following movie seems cold. Yes I am aware she was made after the movie was put to film but still.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

so what about season six? On ? Off? just saw a clip of it on youtube..
    Geek Media -

This should come as a surprise to nobody, for years we have known the show was supposed to go 5 seasons or 100 episodes and then it was most likely done for.

Plus I fully expect Disney to decide to release one shot movies to keep the series going and make more money then TV would ever net them.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Just saw the clip of what I assume will be future content

Having a Trooper "malfunction" and go issue Order 66 early is pure brilliance! Despite some of this show's missteps (Darth Maul coming back with robo legs) they still did a LOT of things right in this show.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Five seasons is 2 seasons more than most cartoons get these days, and a tribute to TCW's popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    less popular? Clone Wars got it right! Uncle George and the prequels, not so much ;o)
    You are, of course, quite correct! Apart from a few minor niggles, Clone Wars was overall excellent. It's a shame that despite all the good work done on the show, the general viewing public is always going to think 'Jar Jar' when the prequel era is mentioned.

Not a huge surprise, they've always said it would be around 100 episodes, which we've now passed, the series is getting closer and closer to EPIII, and everybody already predicted it would not continue on CN. It sounds like we're still pretty much going to get a season 6 in one form or another in order to wrap up all the loose ends, I'm guessing straight to video moves. With 20 episodes in the last series, with usually 4 episodes per arc, and assuming they've already started work on all episodes/arcs, then that means we could possible get up to 5 straight to video moves out of this.

Just like the Star Wars: Underworld live action tv series I'm pretty sure we'll never see Detours now. I'm not really that fussed about Detours though as I didn't really care for it in the trailers. I've just been and downloaded all the trailers though before they're taken down.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I am sure if we go back in this thread to around the time season one was ending we would find the links and people quoting how long the show was planned to last. I don't recall if it was brought up because people were afraid it wasn't going to last or how much story they really had but it was stated 5-6 seasons and around 100 episodes.

I did see someone say on another board that 'there is another' referred to in the original trilogy could be Ahsoka or related to her. But while interesting is doubtful, since at the time Lucas wasn't even really sure who that was referring to.

I do think fans are upset because they don't feel Ahsoka leaving the order is enough closure, I think most are/were expecting her to die or be constantly hunted. The last could be foreshadowed in the last story arc where for the most part she successfully avoids being captured even by Anakin himself. And is only caught by being setup by a friend. Add to that the Mandalorians and Darth Maul. But as I said previously even the movies themselves skip time in between episodes. What is is ~6 years between 1 and 2, about 3 years or so between 2 and 3, 18 between 3 and 4, 3 years between 4 and 5, and about a year between 5 and 6. Just the movies did a better job of tying up the loose ends from one film to the next. Aside from episode 3-4 which understandably so.

Basically, from recent interviews I’ve read with Dave Filoni, they have actually completed season six. Now, I very much doubt season six will be a full 22 episodes, but it seems as though all the episodes will basically serve to tie everything into a nice little bow leading into ROTS nicely. The clip looked fantastic. I just hope we get to see Grievous capture Palpatine.

As for Ashoka, she is not a loose end at all. She got her ending. And it was a pretty beautifully handled one, IMO. That whole arc also served to fuel Anakin's disillusion with the Jedi Order. It was actually very well done, I thought.

I agree with you, I would even argue that Mandalore and Maul more or less got their endings. Mandalore is taken out of the pacifist peace they were in lead by the war like leaders they had before, and Maul was beat and most likely killed at a later point when it was deemed necessary. I think people are just wanting to see this on screen, same with Ahsoka's death.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    As crazy as this may be...I want Ahsoka to live. Heck if she showed up in Episode 7 I would not complain a bit. I'm a "Snips" fan
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    As crazy as this may be...I want Ahsoka to live. Heck if she showed up in Episode 7 I would not complain a bit. I'm a "Snips" fan
    I like her, and for the most part always have. Dealing with teens for quite some time her behaviour in season 1 wasn't that annoying to me, real teens can be far more annoying. She is actually one of the first actual Star Wars figures I purchased, (I have some of the unleashed statues and picked up a Yoda years ago from a garage sell for a dime).

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I agree with you, I would even argue that Mandalore and Maul more or less got their endings. Mandalore is taken out of the pacifist peace they were in lead by the war like leaders they had before, and Maul was beat and most likely killed at a later point when it was deemed necessary. I think people are just wanting to see this on screen, same with Ahsoka's death.
    or maybe maul is frozen as a contingency plan just i case the emperor was defeated. to appear episode 7 ;o)
    Geek Media -

Sidious did actually say to Maul "I have other plans for you". I assume this is one of the loose ends that will be tied up. Weirdly, I think it may have something to do with Order 66.