Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

I saw it the other day and thought it was okay, but nothing special. I think it would have worked much better in it's original episode format - I started getting bored at several points in the film.

I liked the Hutt stuff, and actually thought Jabba's uncle was one of the most entertaining parts of the film - Anakin and Asoka got pretty boring after a while.
    Christopher Lee was great as always, and Ventress looked very good and was used well. Some of the Battle Droid stuff actually made me laugh, like the droid who stuck his head round the corner to Ventress and asked 'Should I tell Dooku they escaped or what?', and got thrown off the cliff.

All in all, it was alright, and I look forward to the series, but I won't be seeing this again any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post

That is really interested... Do any other gay characters appear in the starwars books or anything? or is it just these hut guys?

There are a couple of Mandalorians shacked up together in the legacy of the force series that just came out. I think that is kinda cool. They have a loving relationship and are still awesome warriors.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

The series debuts Friday, October 3rd at 9 PM Eastern on the Cartoon Network. The preview looks pretty good.
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/

Chris here...

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The series debuts Friday, October 3rd at 9 PM Eastern on the Cartoon Network. The preview looks pretty good.
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/
    Oh my God, that looks amazing! What an amazing-looking series, I can't believe that a TV series can have CGI animation of that quality throughout - what an exciting time for cartoon lovers!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

wow it looks so much better then the film, a bit more darker and less comedic.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Impressive, most impressive.

Roger roger. Roger Roger...
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

The movie is out on DVD on 11/11:

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...80925.html#rss

Has anybody heard anything about the UK air date on the series?

Wanted:

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    The movie is out on DVD on 11/11:

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...80925.html#rss
    ?
    I saw those images earlier from another site. While the movie wasn't great, I will likely get it on Blu-Ray.

I just wish that the standard Blu-Ray cover used the same image as the single disc DVD cover (but still retaining all of the extra features). The cover from the 2-disc DVD/standard Blu-Ray edition isn't that great. The Target Exclusive covers for the 2-Disc DVD and Blu-Ray are an improvement, IMO, but still not as nice as the single disc DVD cover.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    wow it looks so much better then the film, a bit more darker and less comedic.
    The look of the episodes is also much better than the flim. From the promos the image quality is brighter, more colorful, and almost in HD compared to the film which makes no sense
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Best Buy has an exclusive metal clone trooper cover...

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...one-wars3.html

I think I will get the Target Blu-Ray

Also for those who did not know, the Clone Wars Preview Special (included on the dvd/bd release) is going to air tonight on CN
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Dang missed the preview special good thing its coming to DVD. I loved the two episode premiere that was on. I think they have a 52 episode order if I remember right.

And glad they are not all going to center around Anakin, but rather the rest of the universe, Ahsoka, the clones, Plo Koon, Grevious etc.''

And looks like I will be getting four versions for the artwork, just not the blu-ray version
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    I watched the premiere last night and it was pretty good. At the end they showed highlights of the season and it looked like it was going to be an awesome story!
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

I missed the premiere because I accidently taped Cartoon Network West Coast rather than the regular Cartoon Network. There is a replay Sunday night, so I plan to check it out then.

These two episodes were pretty good, a lot better then the movie.
    As an adult star wars fan my expectation levels are always going be to high but the only really points that annoyed me are the battle droids still have way to much personality, Asoka is a bit a annoying, doesn't seem like she would have made it to a padawan with that lack of discipline and she would never be aloud to wear that boob tube, "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter". And that medical droid must be strong to support a full clones weight. But over all I enjoyed both episodes and hope the series continues in this style as a pose the the movie.
    Last edited by 13977; October 4, 2008 at 02:37pm.

Wanted:

I really enjoyed both of those episodes, much more than the movie. The series works well showing short battles, with some good characterisation thrown in - I didn't get bored like I did while watching the movie.

Loved Yoda's wisdom with the clones, and the use of his theme from ESB - his character was handled really well. And I like how they're building up the clones to be actual people. Also, finally hearing Plo Koon speak was cool, I'd never imaigned his voice sound like that - but it fit him perfectly.
    The droid humour has grown on me as well, the droid humming cheerfully while preparing to flush the clones out into space was a little sinister...and hilarious.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Awesome Show last night!!! I like it a lot.

The episodes are SOOOOO much better than the movie! I was one of the few that actually liked the movie but the 1st two episodes have been better in every way from acting to direction and pacing

I love how each epsiode starts with that 1940's-ish propaganda reel to show where the Republic is in their war against the Seperatists

I watched part of an episode today about battle droids and Yoda. I was nearly falling asleep. maybe its the part I was at.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I watched part of an episode today about battle droids and Yoda. I was nearly falling asleep. maybe its the part I was at.
    Yeah, the better parts were when Yoda was hearing that the Clones did not think they mattered and explaining to them how they may all look the same but the force sees each one differently, and the entire part of the 2nd episode where Anakin and Ahsoka defy the Republic and look for the Jedi and his 3 Clone officers, we also see a glimpse of what might be the Death Star ray (a big Ion Cannon that General Grievous is using)

I really want Aayla in it, but I doubt she'll show up. Maybe a brief shot or something but its all gonna be the same ol jedi no doubt
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I really want Aayla in it, but I doubt she'll show up. Maybe a brief shot or something but its all gonna be the same ol jedi no doubt
    She was confirmed to be in it around September (I think it was the 24th)

Its also been verified as starwars.com has officially clicked the tab for Clone Wars under her profile (Clone Wars refers specifically to the new series airing on CN in 2008)

http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha...ura/index.html

We will see a lot more Jedi then you might think, there are going to be a few episodes with Kit Fisto and a Mon Calamari Jedi Nahdaar Vebb. They are also planning on showing us the backstory of General Grievous and how he was created, and a big part of the 1st season is to show how the Clones are evolving and the problems that Palpatine begins to have with them having identities (thus the greater impact of the mind control Order 66 in EIII)

After watching the movie and the first two episodes its obviously clear that its going to change directions from just Anakin and Obi-Wan, they want to put the emphasis on Anakin as a Jedi Master and move Obi-Wan more to the head of the Jedi order role he assumes around the end of Episode III along with Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    After watching the movie and the first two episodes its obviously clear that its going to change directions from just Anakin and Obi-Wan, they want to put the emphasis on Anakin as a Jedi Master and move Obi-Wan more to the head of the Jedi order role he assumes around the end of Episode III along with Yoda
    Yeah, but don't forget, Anakin isn't a Jedi Master yet. You only become a Master when your Apprentice becomes a Knight. Which brings me onto my next point. For the Council to refuse Anakin the title of Master in ROTS doesn't bode well for Ashoka. She must die. I think that will strengthen Anakin's downfall even more. You just know he’s gonna get too attached to Ashoka, so it will only make him even more determined to fear losing Padme.

I also like the way all the characters that we barely got glimpses of in the films are getting proper development, like Plo Koon. And the clones, too. It will make their ultimate betrayal all the more powerful, I think.

I only managed to catch the first two episodes on YouTube (they start here at the end of the month), but so far, so good. I enjoyed the second one more. I thought it was darker and more sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, but don't forget, Anakin isn't a Jedi Master yet. You only become a Master when your Apprentice becomes a Knight. Which brings me onto my next point. For the Council to refuse Anakin the title of Master in ROTS doesn't bode well for Ashoka. She must die. I think that will strengthen Anakin's downfall even more. You just know he’s gonna get too attached to Ashoka, so it will only make him even more determined to fear losing Padme.
    Oh I can almost guarantee you that she dies, and I would almost bet it all that Count Dooku kills her.

In the Clone Wars movie that just came out Jabba asks Anakin to make sure Dooku pays for his treachery. I think the way its going to play out is Dooku will kill Ashoka and that is why Anakin is so angry at the beginning of EIII and chops Dooku's head right off.

I also like the way all the characters that we barely got glimpses of in the films are getting proper development, like Plo Koon. And the clones, too. It will make their ultimate betrayal all the more powerful, I think.
    Yeah thats one thing I agree with George Lucas on, he wants this animated series to show that the Clone Troopers are not just duplicates. That each one has its own mind, own feeling, and all they share is a face/genetics.

I can't wait till we see more of Nahdaar Vebb, the Mon Calamari have always seemed neat and so to see one of them training to be a Jedi is pretty cool.

Another good episode this week, the series is doing a good job at blending action and character development - it reminds me a bit of MYP He-Man (coincidentally, I noticed this episode was written by the same person who wrote Underworld/Rise of the Snakemen).

I think this three parter is a much stronger storyline than the movie, I think Plo Koon is slowly becoming my favourite Jedi!