Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin View Post
    Another good episode this week, the series is doing a good job at blending action and character development - it reminds me a bit of MYP He-Man (coincidentally, I noticed this episode was written by the same person who wrote Underworld/Rise of the Snakemen).
    I did feel like an MYP episode, I thought the exact same thing

The 3 episode arcs are interesting as well, and the show is drawing massive ratings for CN

I think this three parter is a much stronger storyline than the movie, I think Plo Koon is slowly becoming my favourite Jedi!
    Yeah he is pretty cool, I am really like the Clone Troopers though. It was sad to see some of them die already like Matchstick
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah he is pretty cool, I am really like the Clone Troopers though. It was sad to see some of them die already like Matchstick
    Yeah, they've done a good job building the character of the Clones - it seems there not going to shy away from killing characters in this series as well, which is cool, shows it's not the kiddie show some were expecting after the movie.

Also loving General Grievous "Destroy those escape pods. I have a reputation to maintain!"

Another great episode this week. The only small bit I didn't like was were the droid said he still couldn't hit anything. I really can't believe how much better then the movie this has been. Loved the reversal of roles on how Anakin is flying a Y-wing and in A New Hope he's shooting them down.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

From the Hollywood Reporter on the premiere:

The Force was strong for Cartoon Network as "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" became the channel's most-watched series premiere ever.

The computer-animated series, from Lucasfilm Animation, averaged 4 million total viewers in its debut at 9 p.m. Friday, according to Nielsen Media Research. The previous record holder was the April 18 series premiere of "Ben 10: Alien Force," with 2.9 million total viewers.

Cartoon said the "Star Wars" spinoff ranked as the No. 1 channel among all major kids networks in the time slot among total viewers as well as in the key youth demos of kids 2-11 (1.8 million), kids 6-11 (1.4 million) and tweens 9-14 (1.2 million, the largest in the demo for any premiere telecast of an original Cartoon series).

"Clone Wars" chronicles the adventures of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Ahsoka Tano and other "Star Wars" characters as they struggle against the dark side during the divisive, action-packed Clone Wars. An advance version of the series preniered in movie theaters in August.

I really liked this weeks episode, is it just me or does anyone else like CGI Anakin much better than Hayden C as Anakin

He is more passionate and you can feel when he is feeling something like anger or fear, its probably assisted by the animation but I did not feel the same way about the Clone Wars animated series a few years back. Even his scenes with Padme are more believable, in the movies he always came off as whiney when it came to Padme.

This show continues to show the movie was not a good representation of what they were trying to do.

I also think its cool we see new Jedi in almost every episode (in some way or form), thats something I think the live action movies and previous animated series never really got right was the sheer size and importance of the Jedi Council in the Clone Wars.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I cannot get into this show at all.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Yeah, I'm really liking this version of Anakin more, they should have had him like this in AOTC.

Another good episode this week, loved the scene with Obi Wan and Grievous, and how it foreshadowed their later confrontation in ROTS. Also liked Grievous hanging up on Dooku at the end.

The Malevolence 3-parter was really good, great action and some fun references to the prequels like Grievous' "Hello there" to Obi-wan.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm liking the show a lot so far. I'm not too big on the "look" of the characters though, nor was I for the 1st Clone Wars animated series. Love the stories of both so far, but wish they looked a little more realistic/smoothed out instead of the sharp angles.

I haven't seen the movie yet. Can anyone tell me, without spoilers, is this kind of like Secret Of The Sword (the movie is split into basic episodes with extra footage)? Or is the movie "the beginning" and this is a continuation of the movie, like Power Rangers Turbo?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm liking the show a lot so far. I'm not too big on the "look" of the characters though, nor was I for the 1st Clone Wars animated series. Love the stories of both so far, but wish they looked a little more realistic/smoothed out instead of the sharp angles.

I haven't seen the movie yet. Can anyone tell me, without spoilers, is this kind of like Secret Of The Sword (the movie is split into basic episodes with extra footage)? Or is the movie "the beginning" and this is a continuation of the movie, like Power Rangers Turbo?
    I believe the movie was just the first 3 episodes as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I believe the movie was just the first 3 episodes as-is.
    The movie was essentially 3 episodes (as each ep runs 22min) but as far as the Season is concerned the movie has only been referenced not shown (they did not show the movie as 3 seperate episodes)

What that means is you wont know whats going on in Season 1 unless you see the movie, the "news reel" from the 1st episode shows what happened in the movie as a recap but not in enough detail for things like who Ahsoka is

The movie was essentially 3 episodes (as each ep runs 22min) but as far as the Season is concerned the movie has only been referenced not shown (they did not show the movie as 3 seperate episodes)

What that means is you wont know whats going on in Season 1 unless you see the movie, the "news reel" from the 1st episode shows what happened in the movie as a recap but not in enough detail for things like who Ahsoka is
    I figured out where the confusion came from. The movie was originally going to be the first 3 episodes of the series, but Lucas decided to edit it into a theatrical movie after watching scenes on a big screen.

I'm diggin' it so far.
    I wasn't a fan of animated padme, but she is growing on me.
    I love Plo Koon!
    Is he going to have that double saber thing his action figure has?
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I figured out where the confusion came from. The movie was originally going to be the first 3 episodes of the series, but Lucas decided to edit it into a theatrical movie after watching scenes on a big screen.
    I think in hindsight that was a mistake, the pacing of the movie works much better as 3 episode arc. But I suppose it served its purpose because it made about $30m at box office, will make a bunch on home video next month, and led interest in the series to some of the highest ratings CN has ever seen.

But so far the Malevolence 3-parter would have been much stronger as a 90min movie then the Jabba storyline.

I love Plo Koon!
    Is he going to have that double saber thing his action figure has?
    I am not sure, I think so. I hope we see more of Plo Koon because I want to see his awesome apprentice!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    What time is Clone Wars on Cartoon Network? I can only watch it on CTV, Sunday at 7:00 pm Eastern. (I don't have satellite or cable). I saw some comments/quotes thinking they were from last weeks episode (I missed a little bit of it), but it was from this week's.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

But so far the Malevolence 3-parter would have been much stronger as a 90min movie then the Jabba storyline.

I am not sure, I think so. I hope we see more of Plo Koon because I want to see his awesome apprentice!
    Agreed!
    Who is his apprentice??
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    What time is Clone Wars on Cartoon Network? I can only watch it on CTV, Sunday at 7:00 pm Eastern. (I don't have satellite or cable). I saw some comments/quotes thinking they were from last weeks episode (I missed a little bit of it), but it was from this week's.
    It airs in the US every Friday at 8p CST/9pm EST. They usually show the previous weeks episode before for anyone who missed it. It also airs older episodes I think on Tues or Wed (one other day in the week)

Not sure how it works in Canada, I know for Transformers the Animated series this year you guys got new episodes first before us.

Agreed!
    Who is his apprentice??
    Oops I got them confused, Kit Fisto is the one with the cool Mon Calamari apprentice Jedi Nahdaar Vebb, he just looks pretty cool

I didn't think this weeks episode was as strong, but still good and better then the movie. Didn't like the whole 3PO/train scene, it was like, ok lets take the worst scene from AOTC and put it in this episode.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

So far I don't mind the TV series whenever Asohka isn't on screen. Even LOOKING at her makes me embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I didn't think this weeks episode was as strong, but still good and better then the movie. Didn't like the whole 3PO/train scene, it was like, ok lets take the worst scene from AOTC and put it in this episode.
    The best two episodes so far have been Malevolence 1 and 2, the drama and action was in balance for those two I think.

So far I don't mind the TV series whenever Asohka isn't on screen. Even LOOKING at her makes me embarrassed.
    Do you not like the Togruta? I think Shaak Ti is a pretty awesome Jedi

I really like Ahsoka, but there are times that I think she is too "cute". The episodes of Malevolence where she shows honest emotion in regards to Master Koon was great writing, and then again last week when she is trying to convince Anakin to pull back and stop letting his pilots die just so he can "win"... I would like to see more things like that

Its when she calls Anakin "sky guy" that I tend to groan because it just feels forced

Do you not like the Togruta? I think Shaak Ti is a pretty awesome Jedi

I really like Ahsoka, but there are times that I think she is too "cute". The episodes of Malevolence where she shows honest emotion in regards to Master Koon was great writing, and then again last week when she is trying to convince Anakin to pull back and stop letting his pilots die just so he can "win"... I would like to see more things like that

Its when she calls Anakin "sky guy" that I tend to groan because it just feels forced
    No, it's her specifically. I meant to say that seeing her is enough to make my skin crawl since I hate the character so much. I had to shut the last episode off halfway through since I couldn't stand hearing her talk anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    No, it's her specifically. I meant to say that seeing her is enough to make my skin crawl since I hate the character so much. I had to shut the last episode off halfway through since I couldn't stand hearing her talk anymore.
    I would imagine she gets killed off here at the end of the show, so I am sure you will want to see that

I would imagine she gets killed off here at the end of the show, so I am sure you will want to see that
    Nah, it's still not worth having to watch her. It's like I would never care about seeing Jar Jar killed - I would have to be watching Jar Jar in the first place to see it happen.

The trailer for the game (I am so ready for 11-11), the sad thing is I know some people who will look just like these two guys

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Well you can't please everyone I guess. I personally have grown very fond of Ahsoka though it's a bittersweet love as I know she is most likely doomed to die either before Episode III or during Order 66.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/