Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The movie comes out tomorrow (Target gets the special Clone Trooper cover while Best Buy gets the Steelbook case)

And the two games come out tomorrow as well

Clone Wars Lightsaber Duel for the Wii

Clone Wars New Alliance for the DS
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

This weeks episode was much better than I thought it would be, I loved the 'duel' between R2D2 and the other droid at the end, and General Grievous continues to impress me.

I really do think this is turning inton a great series, so much better than the film. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode as well, mainly because it features my favourite prequel character, Nute Gunray. Apparently C3PO has been written to be the voice of the fans with regards to Jar Jar, and his comments in the previews were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin View Post
    This weeks episode was much better than I thought it would be, I loved the 'duel' between R2D2 and the other droid at the end, and General Grievous continues to impress me.

I really do think this is turning inton a great series, so much better than the film. I'm looking forward to next weeks episode as well, mainly because it features my favourite prequel character, Nute Gunray. Apparently C3PO has been written to be the voice of the fans with regards to Jar Jar, and his comments in the previews were great.
    I watched the extras on the Blu-Ray disc this week and in the 30min documentary about the show the head writers and George Lucas himself go in depth into whats in store for the series and discuss a lot of the episodes in detail, we are in for quite a remainder of Season 1

They discuss Jar Jar at great length as well, speaking about how its easier to get him animated and utilize him then in the live action movies

I have been impressed with the production values and quality of the writing, there is also a lot of discussion amongst fans who are theorizing that Ahsoka and Commander Rex will be two big time deaths by the end of the show

Everyone needs to look for the Kit Fisto episode, from what I saw in the documentary its going to be one of the highlights
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar

I like the duel between R2-D2 and R3-S6 "Goldie" too. It was funny.

I bought the two disc movie from Target. It also comes with a "Shipyards of Doom" Clone Wars comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I bought the two disc movie from Target. It also comes with a "Shipyards of Doom" Clone Wars comic book.
    I ended up getting the Blu-Ray version of that set, the book is sweet!

If I remember correctly it bridges the gap between the movie and the 1st episodes of the series

The 2nd wave of figures is also in stores now (With Oddball, Ahsoka, and Commander Cody) for those of you collecting the toy line

This week's episode has been my favorite thus far!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Great episode this week, this show really deserves to be on a better network.

This series has been the best thing to bear the franchise name of "Star Wars" in years, and it always impresses me how nicely the show handles the mix of comedy, drama, action, and sci-fi without leaning too heavily on any one element or being hokey. I'm really quite impressed by this series. (As if you couldn't tell!)
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    Great episode this week, this show really deserves to be on a better network.
    Like what? Cartoon Network is one of the highest rated channels on cable television. Where else would it move? Sci-Fi Channel, USA?

It would never survive on prime time network television and would be out of place on Disney Channel and Nick which are the only other two channels that cater to kids (who are the focus of the show)

I just watched the episode again and I love the R2D2 vs Goldie fight, I love how he used his jetpack to light goldie on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I ended up getting the Blu-Ray version of that set, the book is sweet!

If I remember correctly it bridges the gap between the movie and the 1st episodes of the series

The 2nd wave of figures is also in stores now (With Oddball, Ahsoka, and Commander Cody) for those of you collecting the toy line
    Yup it does bridge the gap

And I have about five ahsokas got my first two geez a month or so ago
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

This weeks episode was really good, one of the best yet, lots of action, good story and no stupid battle droid jokes. Next weeks looks good as well.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    This weeks episode was really good, one of the best yet, lots of action, good story and no stupid battle droid jokes. Next weeks looks good as well.
    From what I have seen on the extras of the CW movie, next weeks episode will probably be the best one of the season. I think next week we will see a Jedi finally die

This weeks episode was really good as well, I liked how it focused on another Jedi (a female at that) and I love how Ventress killed the traitor (and the way she did it by just sticking her lightsaber right through his back) at the end even though he was on her side

I must say that I'm quite enjoying the series!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Loved this weeks episode, probably my favourite so far - written by Paul Dini as well!

Nute Gunray was great, glad to see them using him well in the series, he got some awesome lines - and even got to knock somebody out!

Next week's looks to be excellent as well; I dare say the series works best when it's more serious.

Loved this weeks episode, probably my favourite so far - written by Paul Dini as well!
    mmm...that's an interesting little titbit there!
    www.eamonart.com

This weeks episode was good again, not as good as last weeks but I did enjoy it, I was hoping we would see Grievous's face when his mask was removed.
    No episode for 2 weeks now

Wanted:

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Man Grievous takes a beating! How man times now have we seen him lose a hand....or 2? Wonder how much he costs to keep up w/spare parts?
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Yeah! I thought we would see what he looked like too and I wonder why we didn't given he dies in Revenge of the Sith.

Good episode I thought!
    www.eamonart.com

Nute Gunray was great, glad to see them using him well in the series, he got some awesome lines - and even got to knock somebody out!

Next week's looks to be excellent as well; I dare say the series works best when it's more serious.
    I knew it would be a great episode when I saw who the writer was. For me, it was the best episode of the series so far.

Every Friday my best friend and I hang out and CW is a major component of it. I loved the theatrical release and the series continuously impresses me. I love that it changes it up constantly, from the lighthearted fun of the Jar Jar episode (I happen to adore JJB!) to the gritty, horrific "Lair of Grievous" on Friday. Too bad we're done until January... Great stuff!

...if only He-Man had a series out now on this par...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lair was aWESOME!
    Kit was amazing!
    I'm glad we didn't get to see Grevious' face!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Yes, I've gotten a big kick out of hearing the voices of and getting to know both Kit Fisto and Plo Koon. Oh, and Luminara, although we got to see quite a bit of her in the caves on Illum in the CN minis. I'm kinda glad that we didn't see G's face either. Keep the mystery, although it was nifty to see the statues of him. Still, we have a lot of episodes to go and we coud get a glimpse down the road.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I wasn't that impressed the the last episode and from the look on the next episode preview I think this story arc is gunna be a bit of a stinker.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I wasn't that impressed the the last episode and from the look on the next episode preview I think this story arc is gunna be a bit of a stinker.
    This arc has more to do with the web comics (specifically The Clone Wars: Bait), if you read that it fleshes the episode out a little more but not much as they do not really do a good enough job of setting the episode up

Normally they do a better job bridging the gap between the web comics and the TV airings but this one was just a bad thing all around. It seems disjointed and very much a filler episode

Yeah I found this one a bit dull compared to the others. It would have been better if they had just done a Dooku episode, and resolved his capture and escape in one part.