282. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

142 50.35%
  • No thanks.

100 35.46%
  • ...mmm maybe.

40 14.18%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DCU/SUPERMAN vs. HE-MAN/2-Pack??

DCU/SUPERMAN vs. HE-MAN/2-Pack??

DC UNIVERSE: SUPERMAN vs. HE-MAN, EXCLUSIVE 2-Pack??

Just curious if anyone would be interested in one if it they made one.
    I would.

Just think, this...

plus this...

and this...

EDIT:
    ***And for the sake of this poll [since we all now know we will likely get this He-Man figure (or one very similar) in the coming MOTUC line] let's say that this 2-pack could be released under EITHER the DCUC and/or MOTUC lines***
    Last edited by Neutro; August 12, 2009 at 06:10pm.
    – No comment.

Any way I can get new MotU I'm going to take it, so yes I'd buy it, but isn't a rather pointless discussion since it's a 99% chance it will never happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    ... but isn't a rather pointless discussion since it's a 99% chance it will never happen?
    Well maybe, but I still don't see why not.
    – No comment.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Sure, that'd be a cool pack.

I would get it.

But I think it would be even cooler if they redid the comic and used Batman instead of Superman.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

No I wouldn't, and it has nothing to do with He-Man. DC collectors are terribly familiar with the... shall we say phenomenon called Superbats, where DC uses Superman and Batman to the point of stupidity to sell everything they produce, because they don't think any other character can stand on their own two feet. They will sneak a Superman and/or Batman figure into every wave, no matter how poorly it fits in.
    "If I had a dollar for every time a tentacle-headed guy in a cape and boots said that to me, I'd... well, I'd probably have a dollar."

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    But I think it would be even cooler if they redid the comic and used Batman instead of Superman.
    That's funny cause I was also thinking how cool it would be if instead of a reprint of this 80's comic, someone were to do a revamped, updated, retelling of this one-off encounter/story, between He-Man and Superman. But I suppose a Batman Vs. He-Man could be cool too.
    – No comment.

I'd be happy with a Superman/He-man two pack with the comic!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Chris here...

Yep, I'm such a big kid, a pack like that would leave me drooling for months until I actually held it in my hand!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Co-Creator of the NV
    I wouldn't get it. On the one hand I don't like the He-Man sculpt (I particularly hate the head) and on the other hand I have more than enough Superman figures as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I wouldn't get it. On the one hand I don't like the He-Man sculpt (I particularly hate the head) and on the other hand I have more than enough Superman figures as is.
    I can understand not wanting another Superman fig (god knows I have my share too...) but this one would be cool!!!

As for He-Man's head, I think it looks almost dead-on to the original classic figure's, plus it makes sense, since that figure is also a faithful representation of that same classic style, shown in that comic.

And wouldn't it be cool if maybe the figures were even posed in the package as shown on the cover?
    – No comment.

No thanks.
    Got a 4HM supes. Got a 4HM He-Man or two or six.
    Got the comic, and honestly, it aint all that IMO.

I don't need a two pack of those two in the slightest.

What I would like is more news on that new classic style He-Man.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I've been wanting that two pack for years! I'd LOVE it!!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    No thanks.
    Got a 4HM supes. Got a 4HM He-Man or two or six.
    Got the comic, and honestly, it aint all that IMO.

I don't need a two pack of those two in the slightest.

What I would like is more news on that new classic style He-Man.
    I see your point.
    But I still think this would be a good way to get this prototype He-Man into production.
    This kind of 2-pack would also be a good way to 'test the waters' for a line of figures done in that particular "classic"-based style.
    – No comment.

ummm.... maybe. for a reasonable price... but only because of the comic-book - just one MIB and probable no further retro-look-actionfigures...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I would totally buy this two-pack. To tell you the truth that's probably the only way I'd buy that HE-MAN, since I believe we already got a perfectly updated (and not over-articulated) HE-MAN (the original iron cross version designed by the Horsemen), and it's certainly the only way I'd buy a SUPERMAN figure (love the guy, I just don't collect him) because it's a MOTU figure! And I'd love it even more if the comics were included (I still need to get these).
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I would buy about 10 in a heartbeat. I kid you not. I will do whatever I have to to get that He-Man figure. And I bet AT LEAST half of the people who say they wouldn't buy it would change their minds when they saw it!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    And I bet AT LEAST half of the people who say they wouldn't buy it would change their minds when they saw it!
    Ahhhh... So true–so true.

[On a side note]
    I really love how the comic cover makes He-Man seem more powerful than Superman, by showing his thought bubble: "I could DIE!"
    – No comment.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I'd buy a He-Man vs. Superman set like that, I really like that 4HM SDCC prototype. Though, as crossovers go, I think a He-Man & Captain Marvel would match-up better, but there's always hope for a new comic crossover sometime down the line.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy that figure if it came in a two-pack with a piece of turd. That is how the 200X He-man should have looked like.

Heroic Warrior Evil Lord of Destruction's Avatar
    I'm spoiled with the 200x line.
    I don't know how i feel about that He-man figure.
    Its nicely done and all, but i just don't know.
    BESTIA PELUDA!!!!!<Skeletor dubbed in spanish
    At the center of the universe,at the border between the light
    and dark, stands castle greyskull.............

Well, If they did such a thing The He-Man figure would be done in the style to fit in with the DC Universe figure. Which would make sense. They would probably use the Power Sword that comes with the classic color He-Man staction. If they had to make a He-Man from existing parts. I wouldn't mind them using the variant head sculpt for Aquaman.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I'd buy a He-Man vs. Superman set like that, I really like that 4HM SDCC prototype. Though, as crossovers go, I think a He-Man & Captain Marvel would match-up better, but there's always hope for a new comic crossover sometime down the line.
    Well, Marvel did make that Avengers/Transformers comic book, and considering all the Batman Vs Predator, Vs Aliens, Green Lantern Vs Aliens, Superman Vs. Aliens, Vs Predator, Both Superman AND Batman Vs Aliens AND Predators, Plus the JLA Vs Predator and Judge Dread Vs Predator, Ghost Vs Predator AND A PARTRIDGE IN A *$%#@!!! PEAR TREE I say it shouldn't be a problem having a MOTU Vs DC Comics or Marvel Comics crossover, right?

Hmmm MOTU Vs. Army of Darkness perhaps?
    HE-MAN: "I HAVE THE POWEEERRRRR!"
    ASH: "Hail to the King, baby... Hail to THE King."
    "How dare, Unicron... Cybertron and all its moons belongs to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Galvatron View Post
    Well, Marvel did make that Avengers/Transformers comic book, and considering all the Batman Vs Predator, Vs Aliens, Green Lantern Vs Aliens, Superman Vs. Aliens, Vs Predator, Both Superman AND Batman Vs Aliens AND Predators, Plus the JLA Vs Predator and Judge Dread Vs Predator, Ghost Vs Predator AND A PARTRIDGE IN A *$%#@!!! PEAR TREE I say it shouldn't be a problem having a MOTU Vs DC Comics or Marvel Comics crossover, right?

Hmmm MOTU Vs. Army of Darkness perhaps?
    HE-MAN: "I HAVE THE POWEEERRRRR!"
    ASH: "Hail to the King, baby... Hail to THE King."
    That's rad, not being a comic guy at all (aside from the 200x motu comic series anyway) I hadn't realized just how many of those crossovers there were! I just think the whole concept of a crossover is cool, just so long as the characters are comparable and thus compatible, unlike say a MOTU vs. the Smurfs crossover!

...then again, maybe that'd work too, huh??
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Onekorn View Post
    That's rad, not being a comic guy at all (aside from the 200x motu comic series anyway) I hadn't realized just how many of those crossovers there were! I just think the whole concept of a crossover is cool, just so long as the characters are comparable and thus compatible, unlike say a MOTU vs. the Smurfs crossover!

...then again, maybe that'd work too, huh??
    Gargamel becoming Skeletor's new Lieutenant? or how about Panthor becoming jealous because Skeletor likes Azrael best? The world may never know....

Oh and I did miss a few of those Aliens Vs Pred crossovers... Anyone remember Witchblade and The Darkness Vs Aliens Vs Predators?

OMG I almost forgot... X-Men and Star Trek!!!!!!! I remember that one bit of Spock neckpinching Wolverine and Wolvie wakes up at the end of the page!
    "How dare, Unicron... Cybertron and all its moons belongs to me!"