282. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

142 50.35%
  • No thanks.

100 35.46%
  • ...mmm maybe.

40 14.18%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DCU/SUPERMAN vs. HE-MAN/2-Pack??

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Galvatron View Post
    Gargamel becoming Skeletor's new Lieutenant? or how about Panthor becoming jealous because Skeletor likes Azrael best? The world may never know....
    Ahhhhhh, haaaaaaaaa....

Ok. I think maybe we went too far.
    – No comment.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I actually would be happier if somehow DC Direct took over the MOTU line. I love their toys. Of course, that won't happen, but I think it would be a nice marriage. Even if its just for the 2002 style figures for adult collectors.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I'd buy one. And I'm still waiting on the "Classic" He-Man with the poseable joints. Has that come out yet?

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I like the idea because He-Man's comic book debut is that crossover. That story is a peace of Hestory It would be a fun exclusive that wouldn’t need to be mass produced because it’s a comic reprint and new packaging. It’s really would be something for MOC collectors. Perhaps a shared exclusive between He-Man.Org and Supermanhomepage.com?
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

No thanks. While I liked the original crossover I just want MOTU to stay in it's own cannon from here on out.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Widget

He-man vs Hulk

I would enjoy a Masters of the Universe Vs DC Idea ....

Skeletor vs The joker
    Webstor vs Spiderman
    Beastman vs Batman
    Teela vs Poison Ivy

You could mix it all up

Ore a Motu vs DC vs Marvel?

He-man vs Superman vs Hulk .... Id buy that one

Quote Originally Posted by J.Huizing View Post
    I would enjoy a Masters of the Universe Vs DC Idea ....

Skeletor vs The joker
    Webstor vs Spiderman
    Beastman vs Batman
    Teela vs Poison Ivy

You could mix it all up

Ore a Motu vs DC vs Marvel?

He-man vs Superman vs Hulk .... Id buy that one
    Those would pretty cool too, even if very less likely!

***And for the sake of this poll [since we all now know we will likely get this He-Man figure (or one very similar) in the coming MOTUC line] let's say that this 2-pack could be released under EITHER the DCUC and/or MOTUC lines***
    – No comment.

I wouldn't buy it myself, as I open things and don't want duplicate figures, but do I understand how some MOC collectors would dig it, and for Mattel, it's good publicity.

What I'd really love to see is He-Man included in the new JLU line!
    Rigby the Barbarian - Swords, Sorcery and Sarcasm

That is BAD-ASS !!!

I'd buy any extras that others are unwilling to get. ( Yeah, I'm a he-man army builder. I think gi joe army builders got nothing on me... ) Throw in a few Fakers like this, and I can be satisfied for life...

No thanks that doesn´t appeal to me even a bit...

I'd buy one... sure!!

This would be a good DCUC 2-Pack that way Matty could get a He-Man on store shelves to test the waters without the risk & cost of putting out a whole line.

I don't like the idea to mix any universes.
    MOTU should NOT be mix with any other "line".

There is enough to do with any figures that everybody wants... And I hope Mattel will create new characters before exploring such a crossover.

Heroic Warrior
    This would be fine by me! I remember the story cross over and I love Supes, so I vote yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    I don't like the idea to mix any universes.
    MOTU should NOT be mix with any other "line".

There is enough to do with any figures that everybody wants... And I hope Mattel will create new characters before exploring such a crossover.
    Hey that's cool.
    I totally respect your opinion, but just two things to note that I think are important:

1) The crossover has already happened. Albeit, just a one-off comic, a long time ago, but in all honesty, that is all I'm (and I think most others) are asking for here, a one-off 2-pack, exclusive to this comic.

2) If this 2-pack were made exclusive to one or all of the major retail chains that already offer the DCUC line, like Target, Wal-Mart and Toys-R-Us, it would increase awareness and likely sales of the MOTUC line. And I'm sure it would respectively, benefit the DCUC line as well.
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Hey that's cool.
    I totally respect your opinion, but just two things to note that I think are important:

1) The crossover has already happened. Albeit, just a one-off comic, a long time ago, but in all honesty, that is all I'm (and I think most others) are asking for here, a one-off 2-pack, exclusive to this comic.

2) If this 2-pack were made exclusive to one or all of the major retail chains that already offer the DCUC line, like Target, Wal-Mart and Toys-R-Us, it would increase awareness and likely sales of the MOTUC line. And I'm sure it would respectively, benefit the DCUC line as well.
    If this 2-pack would be an exclusive ONLY in homage to this comic and with a reissue of this comic to come in the pack. Then, I may say "Ok" just to make the fans of this comic happy.

But in no case It would mean IMO that it is allowed in the MOTU to create an other crossover with superman or any other superhero just because they are linked to earth (Normal, they are all...)

It's too difficult for me to accept that... It would just be as if a whole universe would broken in small pieces... Just as if all what I dream and think about the MOTU would be false...

Anyway, the MOTU universe and its canon is just the one you think about as TG and Val said... But it's always better when yours is the most spread among the community and of course in Mattel house too

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    If this 2-pack would be an exclusive ONLY in homage to this comic and with a reissue of this comic to come in the pack. Then, I may say "Ok" just to make the fans of this comic happy.
    Very cool!
    But in no case It would mean IMO that it is allowed in the MOTU to create an other crossover with superman or any other superhero just because they are linked to earth (Normal, they are all...)

It's too difficult for me to accept that... It would just be as if a whole universe would broken in small pieces... Just as if all what I dream and think about the MOTU would be false...

Anyway, the MOTU universe and its canon is just the one you think about as TG and Val said... But it's always better when yours is the most spread among the community and of course in Mattel house too
    Fair enough.
    – No comment.

No thanks. Unless it came with HM poised over an unconcious Supes...

Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdaledude View Post
    This would be a good DCUC 2-Pack that way Matty could get a He-Man on store shelves to test the waters without the risk & cost of putting out a whole line.
    That's a really good idea and package it with the comic book reprint. Regardless, I'd get one.

I've got both anyway but I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    I wouldn't buy that because I hate Superman, but "if" they sell it, please don't ****** with the bios. Do not join Eternia and Metropolis; it seems that bringing good bios is difficult for Mattel...
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Perhaps the meeting would go something like this :

A stranger arrives on Eternia, asking for directions..

"It's that-a-way", he says.

"Krypton you say," He-Man replies a bit confused, "Never heard of it."

if they were to do this they should make supes in the motu classic style since the dcu classic one would look undersized next to he-man

Quote Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
    if they were to do this they should make supes in the motu classic style since the dcu classic one would look undersized next to he-man
    Definitely agree. The figure I used for the pic was actually a DC direct "Kirby styled" Supes.. The height and head size were fine but the muscleature is of course much less than our MOTUC figures. If I had used a DCUC figure, it would have looked MUCH smaller (and with a tiny head ! !

That particular Superman was the closest I've found yet to "our" scale and style .. and even still ...