View Poll Results: How do you rate the vintage Flying Fists He-Man figure? (with 10 being the best)

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 point

1 3.23%
  • 2 points

1 3.23%
  • 3 points

2 6.45%
  • 4 points

2 6.45%
  • 5 points

1 3.23%
  • 6 points

1 3.23%
  • 7 points

4 12.90%
  • 8 points

8 25.81%
  • 9 points

7 22.58%
  • 10 points

4 12.90%

Thread: Flying Fists He-Man vintage figure review thread

Widget

Poll Flying Fists He-man

How do u rate vintage flying fists He-man

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    His feet are way out of porportion with the rest of his body. And I just never warmed p to him...ever. I have one now as an adult, but I only have him to complete my collection, not because I like him.

Worst He Man Ever!!!

Oops.. I voted for the wrong option. I got confused with ThunderPunch He-man. I voted worst but actually I meant bad.
    Last edited by Neo; February 23, 2008 at 05:59am.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Flying Fists He-Man vintage figure review thread

For this week's vintage figure review thread, let's look at another He-Man variant, one that came out in the fifth wave. He swings his arms, he punches... it's FLYING FISTS HE-MAN.

Flying Fists He-Man, sometimes known as Fifth Anniversary He-Man, was released with the fifth wave of figures. His feature was that when his waist was turned back-and-forth, his arms would swing up and down, as if throwing punches, or brandishing weapons if holding them.

The figure has a hard head, great looking chrome armor, larger feet, and is very slightly taller than the average figure.
    It is notable for not coming with a sword, instead coming with a spinning trident and shield. The figure comes with a removable clip on his back where weapons can be stored.

This was a time when variants really were variants, not just a slightly different paint job or some other very minor tweak - 200x line take note!

I got my FF He-Man one half term morning when I was out shopping with my Grandmother. I think it was a little while since the figure had been released, and the toyline was starting to wind down slightly, and FF He-Man and a couple of other figures were sitting there on the shelf at a reduced price. I think it was one of the last MOTU figures that I originally had bought for me as a kid.
    Although never really into He-Man and Skeletor variants, I chose FF from the small selection on the shelf for his great looking chrome armor and weapons.

As with all other He-Man variants (Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc.), there was never any sign of this variant in the Filmation cartoon series.

As I say, this was a true variant, and I would loved to have seen a 200x update. Wave 6 of the stactions did get a new Battle Armor He-Man, so - futute of the stactions depending - who knows, we may get an updated Flying Fists at some point.

Although I dont think He-Man and Skeletor (and Hordak) variants were really all that necessary, I really liked my Flying Fists He-Man. I'll give him a decent 8 out of 10.

So there are my thoughts on FFHM.
    Now I'd really like to hear your own comments, thoughs and memories on the figure.
    And whether you post or not, don't forget to rate the figure in the poll!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    This is so cool, this and mossman were my first motu-figures back in early 90's. He has very cool weapons, and really kicks ass 200x "variants". It would be cool to see 200x version of Flying-Fist He-man.

I said 8. He was always my favorite He-Man variant.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

The thing I've always liked Flying Fist He-Man is that, fo a Deluxe figure, he sure looked deluxe!
    The chrome armor had a cool design that gave He-Man knight aspect without removing the barbarian part by letting the arms uncovered and keeping the fur boots and short. Always liked the diffrent color for the fur boots lining, it gave them even more of a viking / barbarian / Conan style aspect.

The only part I liked a bit less is the triple mace, which move well but look a bit less interesting when static. I display mine with either the classic sword or axe from time to time and it look great!
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.

Chris here...

For many, many years, Flying Fists He-Man was the only He-Man in my collection - I still remember the day I got him, which was not long after I got my very first MOTU figure, Skeletor! In fact, I believe I got him about a week later, as a present from my Mum & Dad so that Skeletor had someone to battle!

Far from being disappointed that he was different from his cartoon counterpart, I just remember both loving his action feature and unique weapons, and the fact that he was, well, He-Man! Had I gotten him before Skeletor I imagine I would have been disappointed that he didn't have a Power Sword - but, having gotten a purple Power Sword with Skeletor (which I never had him use, as he never used it in the Filmation cartoon and at the time I was completely oblivious to the "two halves of the Power Sword" continuity) I just gave that to He-Man to use! Later on I had him use the blue Power Sword that came with the MOTU Weapons Pack!

Needless to say, my FF He-Man has a lot of special memories for me - literally until about 2002 he was the only He-Man figure I had! For this reason, plus the sheer awesomeness of the figure, I have to give him a 9 out of 10!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bo View Post
    The thing I've always liked Flying Fist He-Man is that, fo a Deluxe figure, he sure looked deluxe!
    The chrome armor had a cool design that gave He-Man knight aspect without removing the barbarian part by letting the arms uncovered and keeping the fur boots and short. Always liked the diffrent color for the fur boots lining, it gave them even more of a viking / barbarian / Conan style aspect.
    I agree 100% about the chrome. I would have loved to have seen 200x He-Man released with chrome armor rather than the black version of the vintage armor. Battle Sound He-Man was about as close as we got.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Fantastic figure voted 10!! I love all of it: the armour the design and the fantastic shield!! The weapon is very cool!

Terrible figure in my opinion.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaoloKr View Post
    Terrible figure in my opinion.
    yeah. i don't want this one made.

I always thought he was called "marathon runner he-man"
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

If you consider "1" to be complete trash, and "10" to be perect, with "5" being a basic average figure, I voted "1"

Because it was the least cool of the varients. As a figure it was ok. The armour was cool, though a little small.

But I like all the other He-Man varients better.

If you rank it against just He-Man varients. If you rank it against the entire vintage toyline, then it woudl get perhaps a better number, but not by much.