Thread: Help me pick a sword.

Help me pick a sword.

Hidily ho!

I want to make 2 different swords, both based upon swords from Dragon Quest 1, 2, and 3. I need help choosing which mold and what colors would be best.

First one: The flame sword, it's supposedly to be a sword that looks like it could burn one as well as stab and slice.

Erdrick's Sword: In the game, an NPC said that "Erdrick's sword could cleave steel." It is also the used by Erdrick to kill Zoma. What sword looks like it could 'cleave steel' as described, and what colors would be best to use?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
    Hidily ho!

I want to make 2 different swords, both based upon swords from Dragon Quest 1, 2, and 3. I need help choosing which mold and what colors would be best.

First one: The flame sword, it's supposedly to be a sword that looks like it could burn one as well as stab and slice.

Erdrick's Sword: In the game, an NPC said that "Erdrick's sword could cleave steel." It is also the used by Erdrick to kill Zoma. What sword looks like it could 'cleave steel' as described, and what colors would be best to use?
    custom sword from the game dragons quest! cool.
    i use to have the weapon booklet that came with those games.
    great idea.

Why not just get the actual swords they use? Try looking up 'Dragon Quest items' on ebay.

I've got some at home that work pretty well for the most part. In fact I've got Erdrick's sword and that one fits very well with MOTUC. I'll try to remember to take a picture later if you want.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Ok, took a few quick pics over lunch

Here's what Erdrick's sword and shield look like:

I've also got the Metal King (Metal Babble) Sword and shield

Also the Zenithian Sword and Sheild

I also have helmets too, but they don't quite fit. I'm sure if you removed the hair off any of the heads the helmets would fit great and make great customs. Here's the Metal King Helmet on Scare Glow (since his head is small)

Additionally there's armor too but I don't have any of that. All the swords I have come with sheaths too which is a nice touch and a stand to display them. There's quite a few weapons / armor / items made from the Dragon Quest series. They're not super cheap though is the only downside. Hope that helps!
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't know much about Dragon Quest, but Erdrick's sword is gorgeous! I also really like the Zenithian one.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Why not just get the actual swords they use? Try looking up 'Dragon Quest items' on ebay.

I've got some at home that work pretty well for the most part. In fact I've got Erdrick's sword and that one fits very well with MOTUC. I'll try to remember to take a picture later if you want.

I always have bad experiences with EvilBay, and are rather pricey. If I try to get those, I'm going to try on the Dragon's Den forums that Woodus runs, in hopes I can find a less pricey set.

Also, I think we DQ needs more exposure here in North America.