Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 87

Thread: MotU LEGO?

  1. #26
    Heroric Drummer Brian Ozone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    QUEENS
    Posts
    9,377
    well lego has seemed to be jumping on the new thing these days. so maybe if we get a new toyline and what ever else there is to be released. maybe just maybe lego will jump on the motu bandwagon.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!


    Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    well lego has seemed to be jumping on the new thing these days. so maybe if we get a new toyline and what ever else there is to be released. maybe just maybe lego will jump on the motu bandwagon.
    They won´t, just because Mattel doesn´t want to. Lego tried it back in 2002, but Mattel said No. They want to be the only ones selling MOTU actionfigures of any kind.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

  3. #28
    Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,466
    Aw but imagine Lego He-Man the game

    Sorry I'm laying Lego Star Wars at the moment, it would be really ace to have a He-Man game with that level of comedy
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

    DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

    Commissions - [TBA]

  4. #29
    Why not? j-bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in a flat, flat place
    Posts
    1,263
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidliz View Post
    I also found a very cute He-Man lego a few ways ago...
    He's awesome - where did you find him!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    They won´t, just because Mattel doesn´t want to. Lego tried it back in 2002, but Mattel said No. They want to be the only ones selling MOTU actionfigures of any kind.
    They made the wrong choice, just as they made (in my opinion) some bad choices in the 2002 relaunch (case-ratios, etc).

    Hopefully, if the opportunity comes again, they re-think their decision. With all the locations / figures / vehicles in the MotU(/PoP?) universe(s), the line is practically BEGGING for LEGO-ization.

    Getting the line out there in another form, especially an already-popular form, can only help boost sales / make them money (they obviously would profit from the license, not to mention increasing name-recognition with the younger audience).

  5. #30
    Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,475
    I LOVE Lego! I have always meant to make a Lego Castle Grayskull. How cool would that be??!

    The only thing I ever made Lego He-Man wise was this Skeletor custom:



    The paint job is kinda sloppy, but you get the picture

  6. #31
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2
    I really hate to simply post a shameless plug, but my friend, RedBean made that LEGO He-Man. The Battle Axe is one of many custom LEGO Minifig weapons we make ourselves. If you are interested in making MOTU minfigs be sure to check out BrickForge for custom weapons & accessories.

    -Armothe

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior evil-lyn167's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    529
    Hey this thread looks very interesting and I like about Lego's. I could post my lego vesrions of some characters as soon as I can on here

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior mermaidliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    He's awesome - where did you find him!?!
    google pictures...
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

  9. #34
    Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by armothe View Post
    I really hate to simply post a shameless plug, but my friend, RedBean made that LEGO He-Man. The Battle Axe is one of many custom LEGO Minifig weapons we make ourselves. If you are interested in making MOTU minfigs be sure to check out BrickForge for custom weapons & accessories.

    -Armothe
    Dude plug away. I for one want to know more. Took a look a your site, pretty damn cool. When did Lego start making orc like things?

    What are the chances you can make the He-man power sword...even Skeletor's havoc staff?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

    DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

    Commissions - [TBA]

  10. #35
    That LEGO Guy. Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    They won´t, just because Mattel doesn´t want to. Lego tried it back in 2002, but Mattel said No. They want to be the only ones selling MOTU actionfigures of any kind.
    Not true. LEGO has never made an attempt to do an MOTU license of any kind. I know this for a fact.

    However, Mattel could produce a brick type product similiar to LEGO if they wanted to.

    -Brett
    Who can't believe there was a LEGO thread that he wasn't a part of.

    ={+}=

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    841
    Strange enough, since my fiancé spoke to representatives of both Mattel and Lego at the German Toyfair in 2002. And both confirmed that there have been talks about Lego MOTU.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by hawggie View Post
    These are from the recent Mega Blox Plasma Dragon series. They haven't been painted or customized to resemble them any closer, but I think you can see where I saw the resemblance:

    Ram Man:


    Sy-Klone:


    Roboto:


    The Faceless one:


    Those are all the ones I found so far.
    wow you are so rite!

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  13. #38
    Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Not true. LEGO has never made an attempt to do an MOTU license of any kind. I know this for a fact.

    However, Mattel could produce a brick type product similiar to LEGO if they wanted to.

    -Brett
    Who can't believe there was a LEGO thread that he wasn't a part of.

    ={+}=
    Heh then Lego is missing out Forget Indiana Jones and Harry Pothead, lets have MOTU Lego FTW!!!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

    DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

    Commissions - [TBA]

  14. #39
    That LEGO Guy. Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    Strange enough, since my fiancé spoke to representatives of both Mattel and Lego at the German Toyfair in 2002. And both confirmed that there have been talks about Lego MOTU.
    Thats interesting that a LEGO rep said that. However, not everyone knows what they are talking about. I guess you'll just have to trust me that the idea was never even considered.

    -Brett
    Who is always considerin'.

    ={+}=

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior evenflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Jersey Represent
    Posts
    4,299
    Very cool!
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Thats interesting that a LEGO rep said that. However, not everyone knows what they are talking about. I guess you'll just have to trust me that the idea was never even considered.
    ...and you know it for a fact because...?
    No offense, but I don´t know you a single bit. On the other hand, I know my fiancé. And when he says that reps from both Mattel and LEGO individually told him on the most important toy business convention in Germany, that LEGO was interested in making MOTU at some point, I rather trust him. Unless you provide facts to prove him wrong.

    I find it rather hard to believe that two individual reps from two individual companies tell the same wrong facts regarding the same matter.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior Sky Breaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    9,117
    First there was a Star Wars lego craze.

    There is a Batman lego craze on the way...

    I would totally be down with an MOTU or TMNT lego craze.

    Pretty much any 80s property could be great as lego. Ooh! A Transformers lego craze, then the bots could be in scale with the other figures! I can already picture He-Man knockin' Megatron's block off!

    Or Skeletor pummeling Optimus Prime with magic from his cute little lego havoc staff.

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior hawggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    First there was a Star Wars lego craze.

    There is a Batman lego craze on the way...

    I would totally be down with an MOTU or TMNT lego craze.
    It would seem you missed the TMNT - except it was Mega Blocks, not Lego.

  19. #44
    That LEGO Guy. Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by flitzi View Post
    ...and you know it for a fact because...?
    No offense, but I don´t know you a single bit. On the other hand, I know my fiancé. And when he says that reps from both Mattel and LEGO individually told him on the most important toy business convention in Germany, that LEGO was interested in making MOTU at some point, I rather trust him. Unless you provide facts to prove him wrong.

    I find it rather hard to believe that two individual reps from two individual companies tell the same wrong facts regarding the same matter.
    I work for LEGO.



    -Brett

  20. #45
    Bang your head!!!
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I work for LEGO.



    -Brett
    But only once a week and at one of the retail stores.

    ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

    The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

  21. #46
    Master of weapons Man At Arms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Grayskull armory and Lantana, FL
    Posts
    405
    These look awesome! I wish mattel would go a give lego a license to produce LEGO MOTU that would just be too cool
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

  22. #47
    That LEGO Guy. Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    But only once a week and at one of the retail stores.

    ...
    I haven't always just done that though...

    -Brett

  23. #48
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2
    I have a few close friends @ LEGO and I haven't heard any buzz about MOTU LEGO. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean there hasn't been.

    While we wait for the possiblities I'd encourage some of you to get into minifig customization. It's not that hard to whip up your own torso decals, mix 'n match body parts to come up with something pretty special.

    BrickForge has thought about making some MOTU-specific weapons, but we need to tread lightly because we simply aren't sure about intellectual property rights on the weapons themselves. The Power Sword has been something we've wanted to work on for some time now, but other priorities have won out. One of my favorite ideas is the snake headdress. Laser Gun, Ram Staff and Spiked Club are also on the list. Because of the success our LEGOesque custom animals received we may also consider a Lion (Battle Cat anyone)?

    Lot's of ideas, so little time. This is really just a hobby for us and as more and more people find out about us it becomes even harder to serve the LEGO customizing community as a whole.

    -A

  24. #49
    Bang your head!!!
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I haven't always just done that though...

    -Brett
    No, but thats how you started out and the U.S Trainer position you got a few years ago is pretty much an "on call"
    ...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

    The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

  25. #50
    That LEGO Guy. Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    No, but thats how you started out and the U.S Trainer position you got a few years ago is pretty much an "on call"
    ...
    I believe I worked in the Marketing department...

    -Brett

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •