View Poll Results: How do you rate the vintage Terror Claws Skeletor figure? (with 10 being the best)

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 point

0 0%
  • 2 points

0 0%
  • 3 points

1 3.57%
  • 4 points

1 3.57%
  • 5 points

2 7.14%
  • 6 points

1 3.57%
  • 7 points

4 14.29%
  • 8 points

7 25.00%
  • 9 points

8 28.57%
  • 10 points

4 14.29%

Thread: Terror Claws Skeletor vintage figure review thread

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Terror Claws Skeletor vintage figure review thread

Okay, so last week we looked at Flying Fists He-Man (that mysteriously seems to have got merged with a duplicate thread), so this week let's turn out attentions to his evil counterpart, TERROR CLAWS SKELETOR.

TC Skeletor had the same action feature has Flying Fists He-Man, in that when his torso was turned back and forth, his arms would swing up and down. When wearing his extension 'claws', they would claw up and down ferociously.

His other 'accessory' was a spring-loaded dragon, which could also clip on his back. There are actually two versions of this dragon, one with a red mouth and one plain.

The Skeletor model used for the figure typically* has large feet and a hard head (with less detailed paint). * - I say 'typically', in that this is all I have encountered.

Although I had FF He-Man as a kid, I never had ol' Terror Claws. I finally got him a little way into my 'seriously' re-collecting the line a few years ago.

As with Flying Fists He-Man, there has been no 200x update, but seeing as we got a Battle Armor He-Man staction, if the line should keep going, who knows, we may get a new version of Terror Claws Skeletor.

Although not a classic variant, he is a fair one. I give Terror Claws Skeletor an 8 out of 10.

Now I'd really like to hear your own thoughts, memories and views on the figure.
    And as always, whether you post or not, don't forget to rate the figure in the poll!
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I just recently got this figure two years ago. Never cared for him as a child, but since I have him I like him more and more. The feature plays out better with Skeletor than He-man to me (but I don't actually own a FF He-man). Also love his shiny armor.

I love his dangerous CLAWS!!!!! score..... 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love TC Skeletor. I love the beginning of the mini comic where he receives the power from the Evil Cloud - it has a certain SM feel...

Also his pink armour with the tiny skull is the best Skelly's outfit, apart from the original one.

I give him a 7. Great actionfeature and awesome weapons/accessoires. But I ain't fond of the hardhead sculpt and paintjob, and the "evil sports bra" armor wasn't the best solution either. Love the figure nonetheless.

i have one moc, but cant remember how it is :| only that it has a white dragon or sumt, even if skeletor looks kinda girlie with that purple top i loved it as a kid

I love TC Skeletor. My only beef with him is the sports bra. For that reason alone he gets an 8 out of 10.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    But I ain't fond of the hardhead sculpt and paintjob, and the "evil sports bra" armor wasn't the best solution either. Love the figure nonetheless.
    lol @ "evil sports bra" I always thought it looked weird.

He gets a 10 for me, he was always one of my favorites. Did anybody else think the dragon he was carrying was ther remains of the dragon blaster dragon???
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

This was probably my fav Skelly varient as a kid or adult, but I'm with the sports bra people. It's the only thing holding him back. I would have much rather seen some really cool sculpted half plate armor or something.

The hands are wicked and I like the biting skull head too. I'd give him a ten if not the for bra. Thanks to that, he's an 8.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

This is most likely old news. Can't find any post about it. But, what is with the numbers on TC Skeletor's feet? Both of mine have different numbers. Does anyone have any info about this?

Sports Bra Skeletor! That's hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by gjm679 View Post
    This is most likely old news. Can't find any post about it. But, what is with the numbers on TC Skeletor's feet? Both of mine have different numbers. Does anyone have any info about this?
    Last edited by gjm679; July 23, 2011 at 07:41pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I considered a vote of 5 average, with 10 being perfect, and 1 being total yuck.

I voted a 6 because it's better than a generic average figure, but not much. It's cool, but I didnt "need" one.

Now if I had to rank this against all skeletor varients, it'd get higher, but just in general against all MOTU figures? Meh.

I give Terror Claws Skeletor at 10 simply because he was the very first Skeletor I owned as a child.

Seriously, does anyone know why TC Skeletor has numbers on his right foot?