View Poll Results: Which Prime design looks most fitting?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Preternian Warlord(MYP)

28 53.85%
  • Machine/Organic hybrid

20 38.46%
  • Completely Cybernetic

4 7.69%

Thread: Horde Prime: Pick one

Horde Prime: Pick one

Well I've been trying different versions of Prime for the past 3 days. These three are the ones that actually stood out to me. All of these need a few finishing touches, but I would like you to decide which one I should submit since its only 1 version per entrant. following are the three versions:

Preternian Warlord (MYP take)

My take on what an MYP Horde Prime would look like. As stated, in the show the Horde wasn't planned to be the technologically advanced force as shown in the filmation toon. So I thought of making Horde prime looking a bit aged & would probably transform into a more monsterous form when the tme comes. The design is far from complete, but i'm sure it gives a basic idea.

Machine/Organic Hybrid

A semi Filmation *** MYP concept. He can use most of his magic & the machinery attached to him helps him in amplifying himself. This version would actually be hidden within the giant robot shown in the Filmation show & the wires linked to Prime help co-ordinate the robot's movement.

Completely Cybernetic

Don't think I need to explain much about this version.

Anyway! I hope you enjoy the designs & thanks for voting.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

I voted for the machine/organic hybrid, but I like the head of the Preternian Warlord better.

I'd say take the machine/organic body and put the warlord head on it and you have a winner.

I've always liked the mechanical/technological aspect of the Horde. Skeletor and the Snakemen use magic, so it makes the Horde unique.

With that said, I still like the Horde having some magic (Shadow Weaver, Hordak, Horde Prime) but with a technological twist.
    Last edited by SUPERHEMANMIKE; March 14, 2008 at 12:41pm.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

All 3 are cool designs 2-bad!

I like the "Preternian Warlord (MYP take)" design/concept BEST!
    Check out my Custom Figures! http://www.jsunscustoms.com

I gotta say PreEternian Warlord.

He looks very ancient, old, and sacred.
    I actually like the Old and aged adversary.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hmm... they've all got something going for them.. but out of them all, I think the aged warlord is the LEAST interesting actually.

The organic/machine hybrid looks a bit too messy, but it's the concept I like the best. The completely cybernetic one looks the best, but I want him to have some magic.

I'd have to go with the one in the middle at this stage.

Excellent idea this thread! If artists are unsure of what direction to take their design, they simply make a mini-challenge thread like this.

Thanks for voting guys. I once again state that these are not totally finished. I'm just posting the pics for reference. The final design will be based on the pic that wins the poll.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Preternia Prime all the way, love how it looks.
    Great job buddy.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I went with the first choice
    http://galvatronartstuff.blogspot.com/

Check My Fan Characters
    -------------------------------------------
    Press here to see Houndor
    Press here to see Aetheron

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I went with the first choice too Such a sheep....baaa
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Number TWO all the way

you know me I LOVE CY-BORGS

Awesome work!!!!!!!

I look forward to the finished pieces

Theme wise only I prefer the first one, but design wise I find the cyborg to me very treatening looking and his sheer size and stamina just ooze evil and danger!
    - Dr Bo.
    Man of Kitsch, Robot and Glamour. And some barbarians hero, too.

Member with whom I completed great trade and transaction: Lady Angora, Royalbliss, 10incher, Secret_defender, Bosskmr, LupaLuna, Motu2002, Buzz Saw Hordak, Malakai9999, Racer X, Igorr & Cpuwizshot.

i voted warlord but i think think the organic parts of the hybrid should be incorperated into it and it bulked up like the hybrid maybe...

either way 2-bad you designs are just getting better and better....

awesome stuff

I definitely dig that mechanical / organic hybrid the best, but the Preternian Warlord is a close second. The giant hooks on the hybrid really sell his deadliness.
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    Without reading too much into this.....

Preternian Warlord(MYP): Perfect

Machine/Organic hybrid: Too busy

Completely Cybernetic: Out of proportion

I don't like the Preternian Warlord idea because I was not a huge fan of the MYP version of Hordak. While I loved the update visually, I wanted Hordak to be more than just another dark sorceror (this is something I have expressed in great detail before) we already had Skeletor and King Hiss. So I would like to think of Horde Prime as more than another dark warlock.

I love the cyber/flesh mix. Not a fan of the purely cybernetic sketch as it looks more like a horde minion than anything... However I am a fan of the idea.

Hordak's magic failed him in the new toon. He was defeated. So who's to say that in his search for more power, he couldn't encounter an immmensely evil and vastly power AI force that wants to enslave the universe and purify it by making it inorganic (think Brainiac, The Matrix, whatever) and in order to gain this power, it bonds with Hordak to create the 'techno' mage we love.

One would think that in a world of science and sorcercy, it would be possible a vastly intellect, evil AI being could find a way to conquer mystical arts and become immune/superior to magics. Some petty magician attempts an illusion, its keen sensors can see right through it. Some shoddy conjurer tries to threaten it with beasts, it smashes them under its metal foot. Some tawdry witch blasts it with a raw bolt of arcane force, it creates a powerful energy field that fizzles it out. For almost anything that magic can do, ultra-science can topple sorcery. This is Horde Prime. Think about it.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; March 15, 2008 at 03:36am.

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    I like the second one better but his right limbs seem a little far fetched to me...
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

I'd like him to look more like Grimbot's version...

Well, the Preternian Warlord is dominating! I still am rooting for some cybernetics to added into his designs, (the second design is my personal favorite still) but it looks like people prefer the sorcerer aspect of Horde Prime most!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hey man. Have you decided on which version to primarily base your Horde Prime on?

It would appear as if the majority fancies the pre-ternian warlord, but with some small amount of cybernetics thrown in to spice it up.

Anyways, whatever you chose, we're anxiously awaiting you in the challenge. ^^

He's in the works. I'm done with the line art & he should be up by tonight or latest tommorrow.
    My DA Page

2-bad: can't wait to see your take. i would say though, i hope you continue to develop the other two, as separate characters. some folks around here (gbagok in particular, iirc) have floated the idea of a horde council, and i think all three of your designs could work in that framework. you know i'm a big fan of your character designs, and i'd hate to see any of yourdesigns go to waste!
    Visit my sketchblog at its new URL: JASONBOT.com!