Thread: My first fantasy novel has been published — Haven Lost

My first fantasy novel has been published — Haven Lost

Hi all,

I'm super excited and wanted to share with my fellow MotU fans.

My first novel has been published!

It's the first volume of a fantasy series, and so far the feedback I've received on it has really exceeded my expectations. I hope some of you might like to check it out. Links to paperback, Kindle, iBooks, Nook, etc are all on the official website. The cover image and synopsis are below.

Legends never die; they just go into hiding …

Sixteen-year-old Emily Haven, heroine of the girls’ hockey team at Lindsey High, has spent her young life keeping two secrets: her rapidly deteriorating home life and the seemingly supernatural power that makes her a star on the ice. When she begins seeing visions of a lost and ragged boy reflected in mirrors and shop windows, a series of events unfolds that tears her from twenty-first century Minneapolis and leaves her stranded in another world with horrors to rival those she has left behind. Lost amidst creatures of fantasy and legend, she is forced to confront the demons of both her past and future to unravel the riddle of the mysterious boy and embark upon a journey to uncover long forgotten histories and the dark, cloaked figure in the shadows behind them all. Caught between opposing forces of a war she does not understand, Emily must find new strength within herself and, above all, the will to remember her friends.

Thanks for reading!

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Glad to see there's a paperback version on Amazon (the grumpy old dragon still prefers an old fashioned book to hold in his grubby paws). I'll definitely check this out.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Master of New Adventures!
    Congrats.

What publishing house published the novel?

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    Hi all,

It's the first volume of a fantasy series, and so far the feedback I've received on it has really exceeded my expectations. I hope some of you might like to check it out. Links to paperback, Kindle, iBooks, Nook, etc are all on the official website. The cover image and synopsis are below.

http://dragonsbrood.net/img/DBC01-HavenLost.png

Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Glad to see there's a paperback version on Amazon (the grumpy old dragon still prefers an old fashioned book to hold in his grubby paws). I'll definitely check this out.
    Thanks. I appreciate the support. And, while ebooks have made a lot more works available to me in a format that I can read, there's something tremendously special about holding a printed book.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Congrats.

What publishing house published the novel?
    It was published by Draconis Entertainment, a company I have worked with on a variety of creative projects. This is their first foray into publishing.

" … or the one … "

Master of New Adventures!
    You should be justifiably proud. I'm sure you're important to them. One never forgets one's first.

Thanks. I appreciate the support. And, while ebooks have made a lot more works available to me in a format that I can read, there's something tremendously special about holding a printed book.

It was published by Draconis Entertainment, a company I have worked with on a variety of creative projects. This is their first foray into publishing.

Congrats, Lioncourt! Someday I will be right there with you. I just need to ignore school and family for a while to actually finish one of these books!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Congrats, Lioncourt! Someday I will be right there with you. I just need to ignore school and family for a while to actually finish one of these books!
    The first book is the hardest. I've found that once you finish the first, it doesn't seem so daunting anymore. It's still a ton of work, but it is one of the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I'm very proud of this first volume, and I think the next volume will be even better. I've learned a lot through this process.

" … or the one … "

Hi all,

Thanks for reading!
    oh, I have questions. I have an idea for a novel, but it's just that. a rough idea from a dream. It needs to be fleshed out...only problem is, how do you find someone with talent that you can trust? not just from a legal standpoint, but from a 'get things done on time' standpoint?

congrats ;o)
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Congratulations. I'm going to try to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    oh, I have questions. I have an idea for a novel, but it's just that. a rough idea from a dream. It needs to be fleshed out...only problem is, how do you find someone with talent that you can trust? not just from a legal standpoint, but from a 'get things done on time' standpoint?

congrats ;o)
    Well, I wrote the book. After several drafts, I worked with an editor and an artist did the cover. Pay people to do the work you need them to. That's probably your best bet.

And thank you all for the kind words.

" … or the one … "