Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dangermouse and Count Duckula

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Count Duckula rocks! I have the US DVD release as well. Love the theme song

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Count Duckula makes me very proud to be British, the birth place of Duckula.

Oh and I will try to fix those pics later but I am currently using my PS3's internet browser so it will have to wait until I am on my PC
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I never really cared for DM but i loved CD. Great show.

that seems to be the case for most people on here. I love both shows but at least most of us all share a love for Duckula.

You know what is really weird. It has been about the same amount of time since CD and filmation He-Man were on. Yet I remember CD as if it was yesterday and totally forgot about HM. I only remembered the toys and it was the 2002 MYP series that brought me here.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; March 19, 2008 at 08:18pm.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    I have always loved silly spookiness, Transylvanian atmosphere, ducks, ketchup, the color green, and '80s toons. So it's only natural I will have to love "Count Duckula"! Can't wait to get some discs!

And wolfsfang, today is the first day I have read your name correctly...up until now, I always read it as "wolfsgang" )
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    I have always loved silly spookiness, Transylvanian atmosphere, ducks, ketchup, the color green, and '80s toons. So it's only natural I will have to love "Count Duckula"! Can't wait to get some discs!

And wolfsfang, today is the first day I have read your name correctly...up until now, I always read it as "wolfsgang" )
    Yeah a lot of people seem to have that problem with my name but I tend to laugh it off.

Oh and while all this Ducky talk is great (I know I'm enjoying it) don't forget about DM. After all without the DangerMouse show there would be no Count Duckula.

Here are some random quotes from Count Duckula for the simple reason they are funny

Count Duckula: [about Nanny's slamming of silverware at people] Last time, you killed three chambermaids and a footman!
    Nanny: Oh, they was only part-time, sir! And the little blond one never dusted the pictures rails!
    Count Duckula: [asking about a pharaoh] Who, Ra?
    Hoomite: And Upshee rises!
    Count Duckula, Hoomite, Yoobee: [singing] Hoorah, and Upshee rises/ Hoorah, and Upshee rises/ Hoorah, and Upshee rises never in the morning!
    Count Duckula: Spain, huh? Do they have any rain there?
    Igor: Mainly on the plain.
    Count Duckula: Now if I say we go on the rollercoaster, we go on the rollercoaster, you too, Nanny.
    Nanny: Oooh no, I-I think I'll stay here and watch Mr. Igor take his head off.
    Count Duckula: Now look, I don't want to pull rank... but if you're not over by that rollercoaster in two seconds, I'll stand here... and... I'll sing.
    Count Duckula: [Nanny and Igor run off] I'm employing a couple of philistines.
    Igor: Phyllis Stein? Isn't that Gertrude's sister?
    Last edited by wolfsfang; March 19, 2008 at 10:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

And wolfsfang, I love your new CD avatar!
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    And wolfsfang, I love your new CD avatar!
    Thanks. I fancied a change and this one seems to be a keeper

I even have a new desktop

Lol, that's awesome...and I really love how the style and the animation of the show seem to look, from the pics and the opening.

did you check out the clip I posted here to see what you think of the acting and humour?

No I didn't, but I am sure I will love the 'toon. In fact, I don't even want to watch the clip because I want to experience "Count Duckula" fresh from the beginning. The whole opening segment you posted just has me psyched that this is totally "my cup of ketchup".

I'll definitely let you know my comments on the series when I get the first season in my hot little (well, kinda big, lol) hands!

Okay, i guess I can respect that (actually I don't need to guess... I can totally respect that)

Oh and in keeping with the dual nature of this thread... here is an image of the first meeting between DangerMouse and Count Duckula in "The Four Tasks of DangerMouse"

notice the vampire fangs this version of CD has which implies he was every bit the blood drinker any normal vampire is. THE Count Duckula does not even have fangs.

This evil Duckula could even

leviate

Survive being chopped in half (immortality)

and turn into a BAT

also...like I said... he shared the harmless Duckula's love of acting

Now while I know that there are proper places for fan art I didn't want to start a new thread when this one seemed like the appropriate place.

I have added it in URL form in case putting the actual picture in here is against some rule

Duckula Sketch to Color
    Last edited by wolfsfang; March 20, 2008 at 11:19pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

dangermouse....

finally re watching a little of this form my complete DVD set....

I forgot how good this show was. Sure, the animation was almost non existent, the VA for DM provided double duty as the announcer, and later count duckula. But it was fun as hell, and it stuck with you for years.

Was it as popular over the pond as it was in the states? thank you nick for importing the good shows .....
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I absolutely adore both Dangermouse and Count Duckula tho if anyone asked me to pick a favourite...after I poked them in the eye for suggesting one was inferior to the other...I would have to say Count Duckula.

And yes it was INSANELY popular here. Both shows were
    Last edited by wolfsfang; February 6, 2011 at 12:07am.

Man, I haven't seen these in AGES. I used to watch both in the morning before I left for school...had to be early elementary. Can't remember a lick of the humor, though; just that I used to watch them. I also associate something called Banana Man with those two...? Can't think why. Anyone know what that is?

Anyway, maybe youtube has some of these. I'm sure I remember Dangermouse used to crack me up.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

This is Bananaman

Loved it myself but I was preferred Super Ted, which was created by Mike Young before he moved to America and made the 2002 series of MOTU

Both shows are great, but I LOVE Count Duckula. I used to watch it at my Mamaw's house. I'd always get excited when the Thames logo played.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

My theory is that the Count Duckula that Dangermouse faced was the father / prior incarnation (he actually admits that he is own father) of the Count Duckula from the Count Duckula cartoon when he was an actual vampire

Ah, so that's Banana Man! That's the one I remember. Must have been shown at the same time as Dangermouse and Count Duckula.

And I have never seen SuperTed, but I knew right away from the look of the animation that the creators also made Fantastic Max. Looks like the exact same animation!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I will say that I LOVED Danger Mouse back in my childhood days. However, after picking up the 1st 2 of the 4 DVD sets here in the US, I am sorry to say that it doesn't stand the test of time on my end.
    This space for rent, apparently.....

dangermouse

my first exposure to cartoons outside the US was Dangermouse....

Who among the cast is still with us? In the category of everything old is new again, it'd be the perfect time for a dangermouse movie....

In other news....I always wondered where those stairs in his headquarters went..and what the buttons on his TV did as a kid ;o)
    Geek Media -

i already have a thread dedicated to this series and Count Duckula

http://he-man.org:81/forums/boards/s...d.php?t=158392

But to answer your question

David Jason (Dangermouse / Narrator) - Still Alive
    Terry Scott (Penfold) - Deceased
    Edward Kelsey (Colonel K) - Still Alive
    Brian Trueman (Stiletto) - Still Alive
    Jimmy Hibbert (Doctor Augustus P. Crumhorn III) - Still Alive
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 17, 2011 at 10:04am.

I would have thought for sure David Jason was the narrator... it sounds to my ear like he's playing double duty
    Geek Media -

actually I meant to put David Jason as the Narrator but I was looking at something else when I typed that and put it under the wrong name. But I have now fixed it.