Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Deviantart ART

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    He's done it again!!!!!!

Behold Stjepan's She-Ra pic:

Tell ya what, I think he has done a far better job realising the characters of POP than MOTU.
    Which isn't surprising being a Witchblade artist.

I like it all! Especially Hordak!

As for weather it's unfinished. I doubt it!
    Sejic does tend to leave something under rendered or he was just plain lazy!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I like the armor on She-Ra. I think its cool.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Thanks for the link super-munkyboy.

I have the power

He's got another one...

Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Thanks for sharing Div!

I think this one is a nice idea but I'm not liking the designs here again.
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Thanks for sharing Div!

I like them. To me they are a little dark, but thats what I want MOTU to become. Its a personal choice, of course. I was trying to find the name of the comic he was going to do (Ravine) and stumbled across this pic. I want to see a Sorceress one!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Oh-my-god! That POP one is a beautiful piece of art.

I watch Nebezial on Deviantart, and he currently digitally paints the current Wichblade series. He does some beautiful stuff, an has a very quick turnaround.

He just did this random He-Man piece, its awesome:

He's done it again!!!!!!

Behold Stjepan's She-Ra pic:

Wow, stunning! These pictures are edgy and dark, yet the characters are still recognisable with many classic influances. The only things I am not keen on are She-Ra's triara and the trim and length of her skirt. Nothing tops the Filmation design (IMO). But as a movie look I think these kind of designs could work great! There is no camp in this dudes version of She-Ra, she looks like a kick butt fighter, and Catra's eyes are so freaky and dark. I so hope these images get attention from someone at Mattel.
    Last edited by Angel-T; March 14, 2009 at 10:10pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

So I posted the following and this is what Neb said

QUOTE(Divia @ Mar 14 2009, 03:20 PM) *
    No Sorceress Pic sad.gif

Neb said:
    next week

Rockin
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Well done Diva! I will be waiting for that picture on bated breath!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing Div!

I love his vision. Like Divia said it's dark and would be great for the movie.

Well if you want to have MOTU as a generic fantasy then this image is fine. But that's not what MOTU is.
    It's Sword & Sorcery with some sci-fi.

As for dark!
    I'd hardly call it dark with He-man sporting lovely, shiny spotless silver armour there.
    www.eamonart.com

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    i have to agree with eamon he-man's armour is too clean cut pretty boys. though he does seem to be on to something with the design of the villains and settings
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Neb said his designs were done to make it easy for producers to see how the characters could translate onto film.

I personally see no problems with it. Not everyone will be happy with the movie once it is made. It could be more fantasy than scifi. We will have to wait and see.

Neb Said...
    this piece actually originated in a discussion about the design "upgrades" that often go to the point of things being unrecognisable in order to have functionality imposed, so i was sorta thinkin as a fan..... and a guy who knows a mind of a designer. new motu movie was especially adressed knowinfg "visionary" directions of directors and designers i wouldnt be surprised that movies story ends up being an astronaut on a mission to mars gets sucked into a wormhole and ends up in eternia ruled by ruthless tyrant skeletor and he then finds sword of heroes and becomes he man and liberates the world from skeletor ...
    of course orko is out.. cant have things get too abstract for regular moviegoing audience. in the alien planet green tigres are just weird so lets name a type of an airglider they have there the battlecat... wow such ingenuity....
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    I really do like overall looks of characters in Nebs paintings, he really did succeed to show that you can make characters look realistic without changing characters looks too much. As I hve said many times, motu has so original characters, that changing them too much for some reason is just plain stupidity and would make motu look cheap and unimaginative fantasy.

I LOVE Hordak in that painting, he really is perfect upgrade in my mind. And Leech really looks bizarre, great!! And he even makes cheesy character She-ra look believable. Only complaint I have is that Catra looks very boring.

Stjepan Said...
    this piece actually originated in a discussion about the design "upgrades" that often go to the point of things being unrecognisable in order to have functionality imposed, so i was sorta thinkin as a fan..... and a guy who knows a mind of a designer. new motu movie was especially adressed knowinfg "visionary" directions of directors and designers i wouldnt be surprised that movies story ends up being an astronaut on a mission to mars gets sucked into a wormhole and ends up in eternia ruled by ruthless tyrant skeletor and he then finds sword of heroes and becomes he man and liberates the world from skeletor ...
    of course orko is out.. cant have things get too abstract for regular moviegoing audience. in the alien planet green tigres are just weird so lets name a type of an airglider they have there the battlecat... wow such ingenuity....
    Well as you saw both here and there I disagree!
    You don't change the genre.

Transformers made a lot of cosmetic changes to design and characters but it still felt like Transformers.
    Even GI Joe seems to have a joeish vibe.

You start changing MOTU from sword & Sorcery to high fantasy, you will loose what made the brand special and unique.

This also applies to all those who feel MOTU should another Lord of The Rings.
    LOTR has been done, it can never be topped and imitations like Eargorn or whatever it's called tank for just that reason.
    www.eamonart.com

We'll just have to wait and see what really happens As of right now no one truly knows. Speculation n all that jazz.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I've got my nits n' pics, but all in all they're solid concepts and as to them lookin unfinished in spots? So what I say! They are what they are, concept artwork, nothing more! They don't need anything more finished, they've captured the mood, the lighting and a hint of the designs, I don't think he ever intended these to be fully rendered paintings.
    I could be wrong, I'm not him, nor do I know his intentions for the pieces, but to me they feel like movie concept work, and for that kind of stuff, he's delivered perfectly. Love the lighting, love the compositions, and I do like some of his ideas. The Silver and Gold in He-Man and She-Ra is brilliant, I quite like the concept actually.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Well if you want to have MOTU as a generic fantasy then this image is fine. But that's not what MOTU is.
    It's Sword & Sorcery with some sci-fi.
    Its funny, "Sword & Sorcery with some sci-fi" is exactly the vibe I get from both of those images.

It's not "dirty" like Conan or the minicomics, but it feels like a more "grown up" version of the Filmation and MYP series.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; March 15, 2009 at 08:55pm.

A big fan of Slush Head
    My God those pics are AMAZING!!!
    So epic *right click save!!*
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    He's done it again!!!!!!

WHOAH! This two arts are AWESOME! Very dramatic. Especially the angles. They're really good.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I've got my nits n' pics, but all in all they're solid concepts and as to them lookin unfinished in spots? So what I say! They are what they are, concept artwork, nothing more! They don't need anything more finished, they've captured the mood, the lighting and a hint of the designs, I don't think he ever intended these to be fully rendered paintings.
    I could be wrong, I'm not him, nor do I know his intentions for the pieces, but to me they feel like movie concept work, and for that kind of stuff, he's delivered perfectly. Love the lighting, love the compositions, and I do like some of his ideas. The Silver and Gold in He-Man and She-Ra is brilliant, I quite like the concept actually.
    Yea, exactly, he calls them speed paintings on DA... so they are supose to just be quick fun things to get his ideas out of his head I think. They aren't meant to be final products.

I really don't see anything wrong with those pics. I think they're prefect for MOTU! His work is just Awesome. There is one thing I'm dissappointed about the She-Ra pic & that is Grizzlor is nowhere to be seen. & he's my fave Horde guy. But then again that Awesome Leech makes up for it.
    My DA Page

www.TheBeastLegion.com is officially online. You can read the Manga in it's entirity there! Hope you give it a try enjoy it.

Beast Legion FaceBook Page ...Join me & help spread the word!!

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    He's got another one...

This is awesome. I've actually had to download a wallpaper changer application now to accommodate all of these!

Hope he does more, this guy's on a roll!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Its funny, "Sword & Sorcery with some sci-fi" is exactly the vibe I get from both of those images.

It's not "dirty" like Conan or the minicomics, but it feels like a more "grown up" version of the Filmation and MYP series.
    I like dirt! Dirt is MOTU!
    The old card backs, the box arts, the mini comics, the official stock art all had dirt.
    So the everything about MOTU aside from the camptastic Flmation toon had dirt.
    MYP wasn't that gritty but was still very sword & sorcery.

The images above are great for the most part but they ain't got the right vibe for me.
    Stjepan Šejić's art is very flashy so I'm not surprsied folks are bowled over.

Regardless what I think, it's awesome that a popular artist like this has done some MOTU.
    www.eamonart.com