Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BIGGEST NEWS! 1st PICTURE OF NEW HE-MAN LINE!

Heroic Warrior

BIGGEST NEWS! 1st PICTURE OF NEW HE-MAN LINE!

I work at a competing toy company and was dressing my booth for NY Comicon. Low and behold I passed my mattels booth. There behind a pane of glass was "Masters of the Universe Classics King Grayskull"! I have a picture taken with my camera phone but am sure pictures will be up by tommorow if I cannot post. The box is about 12" by 8". It is fashioned to look like Castle Grayskull and has the old retro font saying Masters of the Universe with the word Classics underneath it in matching font. Below that is a Silver or Gold Embossed logo of King Grayskull. It is a clamshell type package where you would have to open it to see the figure..kind of like a book or like a sideshow toys figure. It definitely is a collectors line and looks to be either sold via internet club/direct mail/or possibly select retailers. The price point using my toy background will be between 19.99 and 29.99 per figure. Now let me see if I can send this bad boy...if anyone has an email I can always email it from my camera phone..Ill cheack back in an hour to see if there is a response! Thank Goodness for New Mattel He-Man Toys! Honestly it is all I could have ever hoped for packaging wise..think the 2001 collectors figure taken to the next level!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pain View Post
    I can't see anything.
    Off to the left....It's Panda Bear He-Man.....
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

That is very exciting news!!! Thanks for being so prompt about reporting what your findings are. I'm sure we are all anxious to hear (and SEE) more!!!

Chris here...

Holy hell, this is fantastic news - King Grayskull?! Yikes! I know we've been calling the line "MOTU Classics" but I didn't think Mattel would take us so literally!

Obviously that's a very wide-angled shot of that photo with lots of excess stuff around it, I guess it was probably hard to get right up close - this is the best I can get of the MOTU portion of the photo, you can just about make out the logo and colour scheme - maybe someone with PhotoShop can improve on my work...

EDIT: Just to add, if you have a higher-res version of that photo, where someone might be able to zoom in and isolate the MOTU portion at better quality, you'd be more than welcome to e-mail it to me - he-fan@thundercatslair.org !

Take care...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

Heroic Warrior
    Click on the link in my post...its very small as I didn't want to go in the booth but you can make it out! You guys will be blown away! Its really sharp

Wow, this is a great teaser for tomorrow's announcement.

This explains why Mattel has been screening the same episode at a few conventions.

I know this isn't going to sit well with some people though.

Heroic Warrior
    Well I know its exactly what i wanted and more then I could hope for! New sculpts! Deluxe packaging! A higher price point for collector quality! Classic graphics and retro looks...I wish my booth had He-Man..we make cool stuff but He-Man is my favorite!

Very cool! I can't wait for the announcement!

Did you catch an idea of the scale of the new line? I'd be all over this King Grayskull figure if it's the same scale as the 200X line.

Cool!
    Last edited by Flor2099; April 17, 2008 at 09:34pm.

I am so hyped up for this. Hey D I am sending you a pm.

And let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    Wow this is so great, I remember that I suggested that them showing the power of grayskull episode was no coinsidence, but no, people dismissed me and said I didn't know what I was talking about, and that there was no chance for a return of the 2002 line in any way. NOW who's laughing! lol

Quote Originally Posted by vader142 View Post
    Wow this is so great, I remember that I suggested that them showing the power of grayskull episode was no coinsidence, but no, people dismissed me and said I didn't know what I was talking about, and that there was no chance for a return of the 2002 line in any way. NOW who's laughing! lol
    I am not sure that this is going to be a continuation of the 200X series at all. Hence the Classics header. We may get some characters from that continuity, but I think Mattel wants to be as far away from 200X MOTU as they can.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by pain View Post
    I am not sure that this is going to be a continuation of the 200X series at all. Hence the Classics header. We may get some characters from that continuity, but I think Mattel wants to be as far away from 200X MOTU as they can.
    King Grayskull is a character from the 2002 continuity, thus I was correct when insisting that the power of grayskull episode showing was tied to this line, the style however, I will probably end up agreeing with you on. It may be a more retro look, however king grayskull was exclusively part of the 2002 line, having no 80's predecessor.

Heroic Warrior
    The scale by the box will be 7" like the 200x line but will definitely be a NEW line..definitely NOT a continuation from what I saw...More in line with new figures and classic figures resculpted with a retro flare but using todays technology and detail...They were very secretive..so I kept walking by until i snapped a picture! I'll be at the show on Saturday at my booth if anyone wants to say hi...contact me at nyc1977bm@aol.com for my booth number

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Now if they do announce a new line Sat, I could see King Greyskull being a SDCC exclusive figure made out of same mold as a mass released He-Man. Would explain the high price point (20 bucks is high even for a collectors line) and the fact that I doubt they'd launch a line on such an obscure character. Both of those would make sense for a convention exclusive to hype the line that would arrive later in the year.

Maybe the King Grayskull will be an exclusive, but the main characters will be at the major retailers.

Heroic Warrior
    This was definitely not a show exclusive...I saw all of the exclusives. This is a prototype in final packaging for a new collector line. By the look of the packaging it will be geared only towards colectors much like Barbiecollector.com is geared towards collectors. Dolls go from 14.99 to 199.95 on that mattel official site and I believe these will be sold in a similar fashion at a deluxe price point of 19.99 to 24.99. It is the first of a line of figures as the packaging indicates. window box, embossed logos, 12x8x4 square packaging...it all adds up in China. There isn't a doubt in my mind that this is a new collector focused line having nothing to do with the 200x line four horsemen sculpts...it will be classic and new MYP figures...resculpted with a retro feel in high detail. I suspect they will also come with bases and plenty of accessories weapons...

I would think King Grayskull would be a SDCC and/or internet exclusive, but the main classic characters would be at the major retailers for a cheaper price. The line would not be successful long-term if they charged that much for regular figures.

Bang your head!!!
    Awesome!!! Thanks for the news!...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

All I can say is.....KICK ASS!!!!!!
    Dillon

I can't see anything! Where's the pict?! Hmmmph...

Oooo... I see it.
    I don't know why, at times, I can't see images attached/posted.
    :::shrugs:::
    Last edited by Hek-tor; April 17, 2008 at 11:10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I would think King Grayskull would be a SDCC and/or internet exclusive, but the main classic characters would be at the major retailers for a cheaper price. The line would not be successful long-term if they charged that much for regular figures.
    Then you need to do some research about the collector's toys industry.

I found this over at toynewsi.com...

The Four Horsemen are kicking off their first New York Comic Con appearance (April 18th – 20th) by revealing their fully painted 2-up prototype of their fan-chosen “Gothitropolis” character, SCARABUS!...

...Finally, before returning to their own area of the New York Comic Con, the Four Horsemen will be attending another panel with Mattel from 2:00pm to 3:00pm which will reveal future plans for all things Masters of the Universe related! If you thought He-Man and the gang were dead and gone, think again! It’s a new direction for Masters of the Universe, and you’ve got to be there to get the first insiders’ look!