86 32.45%
  • She-Ra

27 10.19%
  • NA He-Man

7 2.64%
  • MYP MOTU

145 54.72%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite cartoon in the MOTU Universe?

Favorite cartoon in the MOTU Universe?

So what is your favorite MOTU cartoon and why?

Mine would be MYP. I love the classic but there is so much better angles and the 2 sides actually fight. I know without the classic there wouldn't be a MYP but I gotta say it really is so much better.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Obviously the Filmation series is what got the whole thing started, but I really think the MYP series is the best in terms of style, story, and characters. Imagine if MYP had done 130 episodes, that would have been awesome!

I love the original with all my heart but I must give the nod to the new series it was so well done with it's continuing plot lines and such

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I voted MYP He-Man

I think that this poll will show us how many adults are on he-man.org. The adults will vote for the MYP and the kids will vote for Filmation. I'm not sure who will vote for the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by typeon
    I think that this poll will show us how many adults are on he-man.org. The adults will vote for the MYP and the kids will vote for Filmation. I'm not sure who will vote for the other two.
    NA all the way MYP wasen't even needed with the comic books. Filation standard same people different colors. Now NA was groundbreaking, different style, different size in charactersand most importantly continuation. Most NA bashers have never even watched it long enough to understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by heman4myson
    NA all the way MYP wasen't even needed with the comic books. Filation standard same people different colors. Now NA was groundbreaking, different style, different size in charactersand most importantly continuation. Most NA bashers have never even watched it long enough to understand it.
    OK now I know who will vote for the other two. How long do you have to watch it to understand it? I watched some but could not stick with it long enough to get into it. The thing about the other cartoons on the list is that you can watch them for a short time and then you can not turn the channel as I did when watching NA.

I voted for the Filmation cartoon.

I really liked the MYP cartoon, but the Filmation series is the one I grew up with, and became part of my childhood and the one I can relate to better.

Oh, and I'm 29 years old by the way and I didn't vote for the MYP cartoon, typeon.
    Last edited by Panthor; August 20, 2005 at 12:45am.

Heroic Warrior
    Can't mess w/ the original.
    Between the world we see and the things we fear. There are doors; when they are opened; nightmares become reality.

MYP , although I was brought up on the Filmation, I can't deny the angles and storylines of the new series... I mean, Keldor, King Grayskull , all of this. Seeing Origins was nice as well. Also can't beat the whole Snakemen series, when that started, when they took over Snake Mountain and entered Grayskull, I was like.. this is the Shiznit!

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    MYP. It had all the classic elements and better animation even with that stupid secondary animation house. Plus, gotta love the way they were building a story up versus the contraints of only being able to tell half-hour tales. Would have loved to have seen more Keldor/Randor era stuff.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar
    You'd get a more accurate representation of the overall fan community's preferences if you posted this on the Other forum... on this forum it's inevitable the new show will win, whereas if you posted it on the classic forum the old show would win.
    http://www.motuukcomics.co.uk

The Masters of the Universe/She-Ra UK Comics Fan Site!

I went with MYP.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

even w/o continuity perse i went w the classic series it had better writing for the most part to me. at least it was more fun to watch the majority of the eps, the new series there were more eps that werent told as well
    "always believe in yerself"
    dont be someone yer not

New series. Grew up watching the original and loved it, but now when I watch any old episodes, I sometimes have to laugh at how funny they are. "The problem with Power" made me laugh when Heman was chasing Skletor around that pillar, come on!
    I am fire made flesh, power incarnate, I am.... THE DARK PHOENIX!!!

The fire of the Phoenix burns through lies, you understand? The gaze of the Phoenix is like an x-ray tearing through every self-deception. So burn, Emma.
    Jean Grey, New X-men 139

I have a question what kids? We are the kids of yesterday's Flimation days. I can't even tell you when the last time I saw the classic MOTU cartton on tv.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms
    I have a question what kids? We are the kids of yesterday's Flimation days. I can't even tell you when the last time I saw the classic MOTU cartton on tv.
    I was just taking a guess that other people's kids were the same as mine. My daughter, my brothers daughter and son, and my nephew all prefer the old filmation cartoons to the new MYP versions.

I was just taking a guess that other people's kids were the same as mine. My daughter, my brothers daughter and son, and my nephew all prefer the old filmation cartoons to the new MYP versions.
    Right on I agree with you on that. I thought they still aired the cartoon where you lived and that to me was a big shock. The Flimation was totally aimed for kids. But at the same time it was targeting adults with it's mythology.

I'd have to say MYP. I love the classic, but the MYP toon is more mature imo.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I will always have a soft spot for the Filmation version. But, I have to say as an adult...and watching the Filmation episodes again, that I enjoyed the MYP version just a little more

...such is life.

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar
    The only reason that I voted for the MYP serries is because they used alot more of the Masters roster. Each episode had more than He-man, Man-at-Arms, Teela and Orko. The only thing I wish we had done more backstores on the charactors.
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

I suppose it's the mood I'm in, and tonight, you caught me in a Filmation mood.

There has been and probably will be a time again where I would say MYP, I guess I'm victim to the hype of the classic series finally out on DVD.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Filmation easily. It's the reason I'm still here. Never saw NA, and while MYP was enjoyable, it's certainly not my favorite. Filmation had heart that the new show lacked.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

For me it's gotta be the MYP.

More of my favorite episodes are from She-Ra, so I rank it first.

Here they are with weights:

1. She-Ra (50)
    2. He-Man (26)
    3. MYP He-Man (17)
    4. NA He-Man (7)

She-Ra had the best of both worlds, and mainly: THE HORDE.

He-Man from Filmation is what made He-Man. They created the franchise for me.

MYP had some great animation (except for the transformation sequence) and knew how to throw in things for the fans.

NA He-Man was enjoyable for me, but it had potential to be better.
    Last edited by TheShadow; August 21, 2005 at 01:23am.
    -Jon

Just released EPISODE 60 - Ten Year Anniversary of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com