View Poll Results: What She-Ra's style you prefer?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mattel Toys

35 17.33%
  • Filmation

167 82.67%

Thread: What She-Ra fan are you?

Hybrid View

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar

What She-Ra fan are you?

Time ago I posted here a poll to se what She-Ra's look the fans prefer, Filmation style or Mattel toy style. Maybe polls have automatic delete but reading Mattel's panel I saw that they has doubt of what style they will choose to relaunch She-Ra. So I read that they will hear what the fans think/want through this board and I would to reiterate this poll again to help they choose the best
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Lycan
    As a rule, I'd say Mattel, BUT, I voted Filmation as they turned the girls into more streamlined and more pleasing to the eye (of this guy anyway) than the frilly very girly oriented 'dolls' that Mattel made.
    I don't want to see any cloth or rooted hair on POP characters, so.. Filmation based styling, or atleast a nod towards it, would be much better.

Im sure they could pull it off, since 200x She-Ra was more like the toon than the toy.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

I think overall I prefer a lot of what Filmation did, but it really depends on the character.

For instance, I prefer Mattel's version of The Star Sisters, over the gawdawful ones that appeared in the one episode.

I also prefer the Filmation style most of the time. The Star Sisters are the exception. Ooooooohhhhh...I just thought. Could you imagine a new Spinnerella or Netossa? *almost faints* It's sad though some of the other good characters won't get to be included in this like Sea Hawk, Octavia, The Red Knight, Hunga and others. Although, I doubt those would see the light of day anyway. I'm still holding out hope for Shadow Weaver and Scorpia.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    The Filmation designs, for the most part, trump everything Mattel did with the She-Ra toyline in my opinion.

Like Havoc, I'd also prefer molded hair and clothing on any new toy releases.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I will take my She-Ra anyway I can get her! But, given the choice Filmation would win hands down everytime! Filmation inspired She-Ra please Mattel! Taking inspiration from the prototype for the 2004 sculpted hair She-Ra is the way to go!
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 26, 2008 at 08:18am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Guess I'm in the minority...
    I actually like the toy versions and depictions on the boxes and packaging better! I think the 4H could definitely "toughen" the characters up just a wee bit... maybe not soo frilly and lacey... LOL. But there are a lot of design elements to the PoP girls' costumes that I thought looked cool but were smoothed-down for the cartoon. I'm on the fence about rooted hair vs. molded. I thought rooted hair would look good but then we got the 2004 She-Ra exclusive which I thought looked awful with rooted hair. But then it was the opposite with costuming... I thought her molded skirt made her difficult to pose and would actually prefer cloth clothes...
    but really... I won't be too picky! It's not like I'm NOT going to buy a Four Horsemen Double Trouble if her hair is plastic, you know?

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Guess I'm in the minority...
    I actually like the toy versions and depictions on the boxes and packaging better! I think the 4H could definitely "toughen" the characters up just a wee bit... maybe not soo frilly and lacey... LOL. But there are a lot of design elements to the PoP girls' costumes that I thought looked cool but were smoothed-down for the cartoon. I'm on the fence about rooted hair vs. molded. I thought rooted hair would look good but then we got the 2004 She-Ra exclusive which I thought looked awful with rooted hair. But then it was the opposite with costuming... I thought her molded skirt made her difficult to pose and would actually prefer cloth clothes...
    but really... I won't be too picky! It's not like I'm NOT going to buy a Four Horsemen Double Trouble if her hair is plastic, you know?

The problem with the exclusive She-ra we got at SDCC is that it was a doll's head with doll hair on a boy's action figure body with plastic clothes... And an added, not so integrated red sparkling cape.If they wanted to do a doll commemoration, fine, but give it doll's hair AND real clothes costumes.

However to me it's obvious that they should do an all Plastic She-ra for the new MOTU wave so that it is consistent in style with the rest of the other figures. I think they should really try to make her look like the Filmation She-ra, with that big mane of blonde hair and those high cheek bones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I like the MAttel toys but Filmation took the line ti a whole new level. Besides they had the Horde as an enemy and made it enjoyable for both boys and girls.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    Time ago I posted here a poll to se what She-Ra's look the fans prefer, Filmation style or Mattel toy style. Maybe polls have automatic delete but reading Mattel's panel I saw that they has doubt of what style they will choose to relaunch She-Ra. So I read that they will hear what the fans think/want through this board and I would to reiterate this poll again to help they choose the best

Filmation all the way, if not only for the fact of the Sword of Protection, I hated it being Gold, it really annoyed me. for me, it's silver and silver only

Filmation -

Side note: I agree w/the poster re: Sea Hawk & Shadow Weaver (those figs would super cool! esp. the former --- I would display Bow w/ She-Ra & Sea Hawk w/ Adora )

cheers,
    lh

With MOTU I prefer some of the toy versions over Filmation. Like Tri-clops and Clawful. But for POP I prefer Filmation 100%

The Cartoon is actually possibly the best Filmation Cartoon. They really hit their stride. I'm a He-Fan, but I respect and recognize how good that second series was.

The toys... left alot to be desired. Maybe because the stress of "Girls". Didnt like rooted hair. Saw alot more of the show than the toys. My sister had some, and I didnt like playing with them with my He-Man.

Not to say I hate them, and point in fact I really want a MOTUC Vintage toy Catra Version.

BUt The Cartoon is She-Ra for me.

I love them both. They each have their own sense of nostalgia for me. The fact that the MAttel line is "girly" was never a problem for me. They were made with girls in mind. She-Ra was created in the first place because a large percentage of He-Man fans were girls. I think it was very important for young girls to have toys that were both dolls and action figure. Not all girls want to play dress up with a Barbie doll. It's also important to note that, while in the minority, there are still plenty of women who are part of the MOTU community today.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I couldn't vote as I'm both really. I love the Filmation cartoon and I had quite a few of the figures as a kid also and loved them just as much. As far as MOTUC goes I'm happy with them leaning more towards Filmation.

Queen Angella for me is the big one that must be in Filmation style as I really don't like her vintage figure look.

filmation first, but I did get a she ra back in the 80s. I love them both.

I prefer Filmation for sure. Never cared for the toys. Wasn't for sure if this thread was for only ladies or for everyone. I'm a dude so discount my vote for Filmation if this is only a ladies poll.

filmation...i know because i invariably use the filmation heads. as much nostalgia as i get from the figures...i think i always wanted them to look like the cartoons...though hordak i like either way.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I say filmation as well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I dont think they got either right, perfectly though.

The show had way to much to do with the hord, and She-Ra was overly capable of writting them a tresspass notice.
    ..(and I will never understand the baby snatching,, (best done in King's Quest 4))..

The toy/show needed symbolism to link it to Masters of the Universe.
    ..like the ethics of magic in its reffined deffinition.

Filmation

Filtration for me. The Mattel version was like Barbie with a sword.
    He-Man and She-Ra, the ultimate power duo!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Mostly Filmation (with vintage highlights).
    And I think the MOTUC figures released so far prove this to be a solid choice,although the Star Sisters look better they way they were done.

And Mermista's recent reveal also demonstrates that hybrid looks are sometimes the better aesthetic choice.

Then again, I get hours of pleasure looking at Glimmer (she's in my combined heroes army front row).

Overall I think the 4H have made the right aesthetic choices for the PoP crowd, although Frosta's hair could have been a lighter blue.

And I think the non-rooted hair has definitely been the way to go. Odd that Megator's zombie head has it though LOL.