View Poll Results: What She-Ra's style you prefer?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mattel Toys

35 17.68%
  • Filmation

163 82.32%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What She-Ra fan are you?

Widget

Filmation!

Of course! Filmation were always my favourite!!
    I expect MOTUC bring us POP Filmations Style dolls!
    Keep the Eternia - Etheria Power!

Heroic Warrior
    This is a tough choice, IMO, but mostly because the poll is so very limited in options. There couldn't have at least been a 'mixture of both' option as well?

In terms of how they should remake them for the classics line, I think it would be interesting to see more of a mixture of Filmation and Mattel styling.

For the classics line I hope for a mix of both style.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    Time ago I posted here a poll to se what She-Ra's look the fans prefer, Filmation style or Mattel toy style. Maybe polls have automatic delete but reading Mattel's panel I saw that they has doubt of what style they will choose to relaunch She-Ra. So I read that they will hear what the fans think/want through this board and I would to reiterate this poll again to help they choose the best

Filmation all the way, if not only for the fact of the Sword of Protection, I hated it being Gold, it really annoyed me. for me, it's silver and silver only

Filmation -

Side note: I agree w/the poster re: Sea Hawk & Shadow Weaver (those figs would super cool! esp. the former --- I would display Bow w/ She-Ra & Sea Hawk w/ Adora )

cheers,
    lh

Quote Originally Posted by vadersfist View Post
    I agree with you colton.
    me too!!!

i really want ALL the POP figures, especially the Star Sisters, Frosta and Netossa

HEROES OF TAJALAN Page - MY TOYLINE! Here: http://www.facebook.com/HeroesOfEternitia
    My Deviantart http://nijirain.deviantart.com - I accept commissions for drawings and custom/sculpts!

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation all the way.

Can I have a composite?

This is a hard question to answer! I would say Filmation - especially after seeing the video of the prototypes and their color schemes. Obviously, Filmation got a lot of their design cues and colors schemes from the prototypes.

The Filmation characters from He-Man and She-Ra do blend well together, as opposed to the toyline where the She-Ra figures are blatantly designed to be for girls. Albeit, some of the She-Ra toy designs are better than the Filmation - I much prefer Catra's toy, although I wish she had more red, rather than that salmon/pink color.

How about a composite of both designs? In most cases - like Bow - the toy and Filmation designs are pretty close. I suspect that the MOTUC POP designs will keep the characters consistent with the rest of the line, ergo more Filmation-esque. But I see MOTUC having a great opportunity here - to release a limited bonus figure with the same mold, but more in-line with the toy designs.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    This is a touch choice for the sole reason that there's some of the toy designs that looks better than thier Filmation counterpart. Glimmer for example looks better in her toy form than her toon form. She-Ra looks better on her toon form than her toy self. Same with Catra. So, I'm kinda neutral on this one.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's really interesting. Is there any documentation about Filmation being the first design and then the toys? I thought it was the opposite way around. Aren't the She-Ra mini-comics and 1st wave of figures pre-Filmation?
    There were a Filmation's study for She-Ra's design that looks like the 80's doll...even her tiara and skirt was the same of the toy.... I think Mattel choosed prematurely that before the cartoon was begin to be into production!
    I can't post that drawing because I'm not the owner but I did a ironic drawn based on it:

Last edited by AlessandraF; August 20, 2011 at 04:21pm.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    There were a Filmation's study for She-Ra's design that looks like the 80's doll...even her tiara and skirt was the same of the toy.... I think Mattel choosed prematurely that before the cartoon was begin to be into production!
    I can't post that drawing because I'm not the owner but I did a ironic drawn based on it:

http://gi85.photobucket.com/groups/k..._nightmare.jpg
    That's cool. It reminds me of the Filmation/toy hybrid drawing they had in the Princess of Power Magazines to sign up for the subscription (the cut-out form). She has the Filmation tiara, but the toy body in Filmation style. It's quite interesting!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 20, 2011 at 04:48pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

With MOTU I prefer some of the toy versions over Filmation. Like Tri-clops and Clawful. But for POP I prefer Filmation 100%

The Cartoon is actually possibly the best Filmation Cartoon. They really hit their stride. I'm a He-Fan, but I respect and recognize how good that second series was.

The toys... left alot to be desired. Maybe because the stress of "Girls". Didnt like rooted hair. Saw alot more of the show than the toys. My sister had some, and I didnt like playing with them with my He-Man.

Not to say I hate them, and point in fact I really want a MOTUC Vintage toy Catra Version.

BUt The Cartoon is She-Ra for me.

I love them both. They each have their own sense of nostalgia for me. The fact that the MAttel line is "girly" was never a problem for me. They were made with girls in mind. She-Ra was created in the first place because a large percentage of He-Man fans were girls. I think it was very important for young girls to have toys that were both dolls and action figure. Not all girls want to play dress up with a Barbie doll. It's also important to note that, while in the minority, there are still plenty of women who are part of the MOTU community today.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I couldn't vote as I'm both really. I love the Filmation cartoon and I had quite a few of the figures as a kid also and loved them just as much. As far as MOTUC goes I'm happy with them leaning more towards Filmation.

Queen Angella for me is the big one that must be in Filmation style as I really don't like her vintage figure look.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

filmation first, but I did get a she ra back in the 80s. I love them both.

I prefer Filmation for sure. Never cared for the toys. Wasn't for sure if this thread was for only ladies or for everyone. I'm a dude so discount my vote for Filmation if this is only a ladies poll.

filmation...i know because i invariably use the filmation heads. as much nostalgia as i get from the figures...i think i always wanted them to look like the cartoons...though hordak i like either way.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I do so, too, although I prefer the Filmation style.

Snappy Threader
    Filmation for sure. I wasn't a big fan of the frilly skirts and long hair. Just me though. I actually cut the hair on the ones I had.

Heroic Warrior
    I say filmation as well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I dont think they got either right, perfectly though.

The show had way to much to do with the hord, and She-Ra was overly capable of writting them a tresspass notice.
    ..(and I will never understand the baby snatching,, (best done in King's Quest 4))..

The toy/show needed symbolism to link it to Masters of the Universe.
    ..like the ethics of magic in its reffined deffinition.

Widget
    Filmation Style, of course!

Filmation

Filtration for me. The Mattel version was like Barbie with a sword.
    He-Man and She-Ra, the ultimate power duo!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app