Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your Support for a MYP He-Man DVD conclusion!

Heroic Warrior

Show your Support for a MYP He-Man DVD conclusion!

Hey everyone, after reading some reports of the Q and A at NYCC 08 I noticed that we're all pretty excited about the mention that Mattel has been thinking about a conclusion to the MYP He-Man cartoon (He-Man 200x) and they gauged the audience response to the idea, and of course, it was massive. Now it's up to us, the .org community to show them how we feel about it! Mattel has already said that they're reading this message board, so this is the perfect opportunity to let them know how much we want this! So remember, this isn't a debate thread or anything like that, this is purely a SUPPORT thread! Let all the Mattel guys reading this board know that we're ready to buy if they're ready to sell!! More so than ever, Mattel is really listening to us, and if we don't let them know what makes great business sense for them, and great entertainment for us, then we're the ones failing, not them! So remember,

WE HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!
    Last edited by vader142; April 20, 2008 at 03:00am. Reason: additional info

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    YES YES YES...MATTEL!!!! Please continue the story, I think I was more excited today about the prospect / potential of this happening then I was about the King Grayskull figure. I really want that storyline continued / finished.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    As much as I loved the MYP show and was happy to see the return of He-man I donít know if Iím 100% on board for what they wanted to do in season three. They tease that they wanted to bring She-Ra back, but we know it wouldnít have been alongside the Horde. Iím very interested in the Death of Randor, the revelation that Keldor was his brother and the concept of making Faker a villain to be reckoned with. Iím not interested in Hissí resurrection (dude ate his own freaking head!) Or Man At Arms becoming a permanent Snakeman. Teela becoming a Villianous Serpent Queen would be much more inline with the MOTU Mythology.

With that said I would support a continuation no mater what, I would probably just ***** about them doing it wrong the entire time and keep buying every DVD or comic they wanted to make.
    LOL
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Hello Everyone,

I have to say that I would certainly love to see the 2002 storyline wrapped up. I think that both MYP and MVCreations did some very cool stuff with the "MotU" property. A conclusion or anything else that Mattel may consider offering would be very welcome.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Warlord of the Elders Dr. Omega's Avatar
    sight unseen, I would buy any continuation of the show on DVD. Sold.

Dr. Ω

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    As much as I loved the MYP show and was happy to see the return of He-man I donít know if Iím 100% on board for what they wanted to do in season three. They tease that they wanted to bring She-Ra back, but we know it wouldnít have been alongside the Horde. Iím very interested in the Death of Randor, the revelation that Keldor was his brother and the concept of making Faker a villain to be reckoned with. Iím not interested in Hissí resurrection (dude ate his own freaking head!) Or Man At Arms becoming a permanent Snakeman. Teela becoming a Villianous Serpent Queen would be much more inline with the MOTU Mythology.

With that said I would support a continuation no mater what, I would probably just ***** about them doing it wrong the entire time and keep buying every DVD or comic they wanted to make.
    LOL
    I agree 100% with LFE. Also If they do a direct to DVD final can we please have nice coloring for the shadows/animation and have He-Man as a strong main character? They could do the whole "coming of age" story line and have Man at Arms die and He-Man become a strong leader.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Thank you But Duncan dying? King He-Man will still need an advisor and who better then his father's? Man At Arms dying upset me sooooooo much when they did it in the star/marvel comic Lifetime (when I was five I cried for a month!) Randor's death would have more impact I think because Adam and him where still at odds. He was a teenager and was distant from his dad. They never had the chance to bond and Adam would blame him self for that because the need to protect his identity necessitated that Adam ďplay the foolĒ and disappoint his dad along the way. Adam would have a lot of guilt for keeping that from his dad if he where to die suddenly... Duncan would be have to be around to help Adam cope with the loss of losing his father...

For Adora She would miss the man she never knew, that would give Adam an outlet to share stories about how great his father was and how much he loved him and how much Randor would be proud of Adora...Leading to Adam understanding that Randor loved him in turn...

ok sorry, emo rant over LOL excuse me for a moment I have something in my eye. LOL.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Thank you But Duncan dying? King He-Man will still need an advisor and who better then his father's? Man At Arms dying upset me sooooooo much when they did it in the star/marvel comic Lifetime (when I was five I cried for a month!) Randor's death would have more impact I think because Adam and him where still at odds. He was a teenager and was distant from his dad. They never had the chance to bond and Adam would blame him self for that because the need to protect his identity necessitated that Adam “play the fool” and disappoint his dad along the way. Adam would have a lot of guilt for keeping that from his dad if he where to die suddenly... Duncan would be have to be around to help Adam cope with the loss of losing his father...

For Adora She would miss the man she never knew, that would give Adam an outlet to share stories about how great his father was and how much he loved him and how much Randor would be proud of Adora...Leading to Adam understanding that Randor loved him in turn...

ok sorry, emo rant over LOL excuse me for a moment I have something in my eye. LOL.
    Ah see now I have to disagree

Don't get me wrong, I love Man at Arms, but the whole coming of age story is to loose the mentor and then become the hero. Loosing Randor wouldn't work because he never really was a mentor. Man at Arms in the MYP was much more of a mentor to adam than the filmation series. Randor in both series disliked Adams irresponsibility and never had a close releationship with He-Man.

But I know what you're saying. I just want the MYP He-Man to be the strong character that I think the Filmation He-Man is.

Edit:

The idea of Adam having guilt for not telling Randor his secret is a great story on it's own. If he lost Randor this could make him rise to be a better Hero as well as taking on the responsibility of ruling Eternia. (with a great sense of guilt)
    Last edited by Gimporama; April 20, 2008 at 06:00am.

I'd buy anything they release!
    Awesome sticker included!

I'll buy whatever they put out on DVD as well. I'd like to see this series finished off and a new one started.

But you know, as far funding for new cartoons, I think Entertainment Rights needs to step up to the plate here and work with Mattel.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    100% in, I'd love for the story to continue.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Mattel should, nay must continue the story...DO it... DO IT NOW!!!!
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I wouldn't say no to a continuation, but at the same time I can't help but want a new show altogether. If given the choice, I'd go with "all new"... but yeah- if they put together a direct-to-dvd movie or something to "wrap up" loose ends of the 2002 series, I'd buy it.
    I just don't want the new Classics toyline to suffer because Mattel dumped millions of dollars into a direct-to-dvd cartoon that ended up flopping because of low sales, you know? I'd rather they just focus on the toys, for now.

Bring on season three!!! I'll take it over the toys anyday.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Definitely, I'm in.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'll buy whatever they put out on DVD as well. I'd like to see this series finished off and a new one started.
    Me too!

Court Magician
    Please finsih it!!! I felt so jipped when for two years I got up like a little kid on saturdays at 5 am to watch this show with my buddy. If you cant continue the show, then have a kick butt 2 hour masters movie conclusion!!!!

I'd love to see this happen!

Maybe they could include some more members of the Horde, such as Shadow Weaver.

It might be a way to give Mattel the rights to make figures of the Filmation characters that are currently off-limits.

Heroic Warrior
    I definately want to see/buy a continuation/conclusion of the cartoon especially if they were going to bring in She-ra into it.

I would have enjoyed seeing the show progress and the changes wouldnt have bothered me.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Hell yeah, I'd love to see this happen and would buy any kind of continuation.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I really don't want a conclusion DVD, just a continuation one. But if they are going to do a conclusion one, there better be a new series around the corner.

Either way, I'd still buy them on the day they hit the shelves.

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto

Sign me up for any chance of the continuation hitting the light of day, on DVD that is!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

I'd love to see more cartoons too!
    But given the cost, I'd say there's a better chance of being struck by lightning...three times in a row.

A comic wrapping things up seems a lot more plausible,
    and is something they mentioned might happen.
    Around a million to produce each cartoon episode VS a minute fraction of that to produce each comic issue.

But I'd still love to see more MYP cartoon.

I have a fever and the only perscription is some more MOTU!!!!
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.