71 63.39%
  • Its good enough!

28 25.00%
  • Don't hate it but kinda eh about it.

13 11.61%
  • Absolutely Hate it!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of the KGS Sculpt from NYCC?

Movie mayhem!

What do you think of the KGS Sculpt from NYCC?

What do you think of the new sculpt?

I like it. I think it is a nice mix of both the old and the new.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Choice #3.

I think he could be larger and wider. Keep the head the same, but make his body more massive.

I'm very happy with it and the packaging. I think it's a great way to start the new line.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Choice #3.

I think he could be larger and wider. Keep the head the same, but make his body more massive.
    i second that , remember how big he is in the Toon

Master of the Rocky Mtns. TravNeal's Avatar
    Im gonna have to say that I like the sculpt, but Im not sure I like the articulation point at the stomach, but it does look pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Binx4life View Post
    I like it. I think it is a nice mix of both the old and the new.
    My thoughts exactly! Seems like a great balance.

Heroic Warrior
    I love it!! Mattel really outdone themselves on this one. And I gotta say to all the haters out there, what on earth do you want?? He looks almost exactly like the cartoon! Sure he's got a classic slant to his design but look at what counts, the head sculpt is perfect and unmistakably like the myp cartoon, and only has a few classic design elements. This Figure if gorgeous, and I'm not about to complain!!

I really like it, the packaging looks just as sweet. This might get me in a line from the beginning for a chance and keep me interested the entire time.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

I like it, certainly would be one of the first two answers, but I can't judge without having had it in my hands!

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

I love it!! Of course I'm just happy to see MOTU will be back on the selves.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

A big fan of Slush Head
    He is perfect!!!! An awesome figure
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I don't really love it or anything. I like it more then the He-man figure they've shown us though.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I've gotta say, after the Horsemen's designs for the 2002 line, this really feels like a step backward. To go from the amount of detail they gave us to the more basic or classic style makes me more sad than anything else. While I am glad that we're finally going to get new MOTU, my heart is broken that the new toys won't fit in next to my 2002 collection. I may still buy these (as many as I can afford), but I don't think I can try for another complete collection, nor would I want to. The lower level of detail is compounded by the extra articulation. I don't like how the added articulation cuts into the sculpt. And anyone who's played with their toys can tell you that much articulation is only good for the first few times you pose them; it becomes worthless quickly as the joints always loosen to the point of making posing impossible.

I do love the head on KING GRAYSKULL, and I hope the line is successful, but I really wish they would continue the 2002 line instead. Dig up the molds and run new batches of the core characters and build on that with their new marketing approach (collector oriented).
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I am not so excited about KG if I had to be sincere ......I really loved the 200x line and most of all stactions !!!!! uao they were absolutely amazing
    I'm a bit confused about this new toy line ......maybe I'll change my mind if I see some other characters especially the horde , myp characters and pop
    I'll be waiting this summer for more news to come about this masters of the universe classic line
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

I'm not 100% sold on the sculpting of the face. I guess it is the price I must pay to at least have him look like the classic line a little.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Personally, I like the new figure. I just wish it would mesh more with the classic line. I want to continue my classic figures, not replace them all with new ones. When the 2002 line came out, they didnít fit well with the older line, so you have to re-buy all the figures to play the same thing.

I wish they would just make it like the old figures (1980 style) but with shoulder joints, and not shade the figure at all. (Maybe make the wrist turn too, and color the gauntlets)

This way when they make Tytus, or He-Ro, it would fit perfect with what I already have.

I canít be sure, but these figures look taller then the 5 Ĺ figures we have from the 80ís.

Mattel we love that youíre trying to make us happy, and of course you canít please everybody, but look how well the commemoratives sold, just a slight change will please most people.

Either way I'm going to buy these, just like I bought most of the 2002 line.

I am very, very impressed with the sculpt. A line of figures sculpted in that exact style would be a dream come true. That's exactly how I wish the 200x line would have been done.

I cannot think of any possible way to improve it.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    I wish they would just make it like the old figures (1980 style) but with shoulder joints, and not shade the figure at all. (Maybe make the wrist turn too, and color the gauntlets)
    This way when they make Tytus, or He-Ro, it would fit perfect with what I already have.
    I canít be sure, but these figures look taller then the 5 Ĺ figures we have from the 80ís.
    Making them exactly like the old figures wouldn't work in today's market. Ithink what the 4H are doing is the best we can get. I honestly can't think about how to make them look more like the old one other than just reissuing the old ones themselves.
    Straight from Eric Treadaway's mouth, he just tried to imagine how the figures would look strighted up.
    True, they are taller. But it's like you straighted the legs of a classic figure.
    Almost same bulk, just different height due to the pose (although it seems to be actually a bit larger)

but look how well the commemoratives sold, just a slight change will please most people.
    But the commemorative series didn't sell that well at all
    If it had, they would have continued it.

I wonder how a "Commemorative" set featuring He-Ro and Eldor for the first time would've sold instead. Costs wouldn't have been much higher since they had to create new molds for the Commemoratives as well, and many fans seemed to want those two alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I wonder how a "Commemorative" set featuring He-Ro and Eldor for the first time would've sold instead. Costs wouldn't have been much higher since they had to create new molds for the Commemoratives as well, and many fans seemed to want those two alot.
    I know I would have bought them. I bet most of us would have. (I also wanted Man-e-faces and Ram-man Commemoratives)

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    ...but look how well the commemoratives sold, just a slight change will please most people.
    From what I remember, the commemorative figures didn't sell well. I still remember seeing all the secondary figures collecting dust in my local Toys R Us.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    From what I remember, the commemorative figures didn't sell well. I still remember seeing all the secondary figures collecting dust in my local Toys R Us.
    Same here, I remember seeing them sitting around for quite a while after the fact. And even though I'm a fan of MotU, I had no desire to rebuy the old toys again (I liked them back then, but they don't do anything for me now).

Heck, I wasn't even interested in the 200x line until I saw how amazing the updated characters looked. That's what hooked me, was their design. Specifically Merman and Beast Man's new looks.

That's kind of why that prototype he-man that was shown last year didn't do anything for me. It was too close to the old line, which isn't something I'm personally too keen on.

With that said, KGS looked pretty nice. The design type isn't one that I'm crazy for (that more cartoonish/simple look), but it's growing on me. I doubt I'd buy it, but it's not bad.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I like everything about the figure except the weapons. The axe and shield are too small, and although I like a non-mecha power sword, some updating from the '80's version would be nice. I like what the 4 horsemen did with Skeletor's sword for 200X!