Thread: New Master's Line... He-Ro, Son of He-man???

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

New Master's Line... He-Ro, Son of He-man???

I was just thinking... They were going to do a continuation of MOTU called He-Ro, Son of He-Man.

I don't know if Mattel has the rights to the characters, but I was wondering, if waaaaaaaaaay down the line with the new MOTU toys, they decided to produce some of these characters from the series bible for He-Ro, who would you want to see?

I think King Adam, Queen Teela, Kay-La and Dare would be awesome
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I doubt that it's anything that Mattel has the rights to, but I would be all for it if they could make figures based on it.

In addition to the characters that you mentioned, I'd be interested in getting a Man-E-Faces figure based on his design from that He-Ro bible.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

He-Ro, son of He-Man was Lou Scheimer Production's pitch-idea to Mattel and made the series bible for DIC. Mattel and DIC didn't go for it, so there are no copyrights that were claimed by Mattel due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Queen Teela
    Oh, doesn't that idea fill me with loathing. I absolutely abhor the notion that He-Man and Teela hook up. They're entire "relationship" just reeks of the lazy, half-assed "Male lead must invariably date female lead" mentality.

He-Man's love triangle with Frosta and Sweet Bee does far more personal taste.

and after finally watching the MYP cartoon (after all these years, I know), I must say, Teela and RAM MAN make a far cuter couple (Night of the Shadow Beasts)
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    He-Ro, son of He-Man was Lou Scheimer Production's pitch-idea to Mattel and made the series bible for DIC. Mattel and DIC didn't go for it, so there are no copyrights that were claimed.
    Lou Scheimer Productions holds the copyright to the concepts and the characters in the He-Ro: Son of He-Man bible.

I would rather have He-Ro as the wizard from the past.

Heroic Warrior
    YEP, I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Oh, doesn't that idea fill me with loathing. I absolutely abhor the notion that He-Man and Teela hook up. They're entire "relationship" just reeks of the lazy, half-assed "Male lead must invariably date female lead" mentality.
    My thoughts exactly.

Additionally, I didn't like the "Son of He-Man" pitch at all.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'm not at all keen on Teela getting with Adam myself, in my continuity she's destined to be Sorceress, not queen. But a queen figure would be cool since we haven't had Marlena yet.

King Adam would be awesome as a kind of nod to Adam's future destiny (Even if he does get with Castaspella and Adora takes Eternia's throne, he'll still be a king I guess, just on a different planet).

Dare would be fun as a character in his own right, like if they met a kid from the jungle with an affinity for animals who could be like a heroic Beastman but not get adopted by Adam and not recieve the sword of power.

I do prefer He-Ro as a wizard from the past myself. But there's some fun characters in the series Bible lol
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Does anyone have that group picture that shows some of the characters? I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I would rather have He-Ro as the wizard from the past.
    What he said.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I personally would love to have figures of both versions of He-Ro. Possibly with some kind of back story explaining how the Son of He-Man is named after the wizard He-Ro or something.

As others have said, I wouldn't be too big on the idea of Teela and Adam getting together, but I doubt we would get much of a detailed story to go along with these figures anyway. It would just be cool to have some of these characters in figure form, if it were at all possible (which it probably isn't as far as the He-Ro, Son of He-Man characters go).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I was never into this Son of He-Man concept. I think of the Preternian wizard when I hear the name He-Ro.

I'm for He-Ro being the Preternian wizard version too. For that matter, I'm for He-Man being a barbarian leaving his jungle tribe to fight the evil forces plotting to capture Castle Grayskull rather than the pretty teen prince of Eternia, and Skeletor being from another dimension rather than the king's half-brother...
    Last edited by Cobra Commander; April 25, 2008 at 09:31am.
    Cobra Command Online
    Channel Zi
    "When did I realize I was God? Well I was praying, and suddenly realized I was talking to myself."

Movie mayhem!
    they flashed he-ro at the panel at NYCC as a possible character.