94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Energy Zoids

44 46.81%
  • Meteorbs

21 22.34%
  • Both

29 30.85%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which of the gimmicky sub groups would you like back the most?

Which of the gimmicky sub groups would you like back the most?

Like the poll says.

Let's assume that the Classics line doesn't end up failing horribly six monthes into it's run. Personally, I go with the Energy Zoids. I've always thought they were neat little buggers, especially Twistoid, whereas the only Meteorb I've ever liked was Comet Cat.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I could live with never seeing either... Maybe if the Meteorbs had better detailing instead of looking like something from a 1$ store that had nothing to do with MOTU, I could see the point...
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I wouldn't mind either of these concepts coming back, but they don't need to do so as part of a new MOTU line. If Mattel really thinks there's money in Energy Zoids toys or Meteorbs, I'm sure they can whip out some new non-MOTU products using those names and concepts, and if they're cool, they'll sell, and if I feel they're something I want, I'll consider buying them.

But they don't need to be shoehorned into MOTU in the here-and-now just because they got shoehorned into Old-Skool MOTU one day long ago.

Meteorbs, I loved those things. I only got a few, so I never saw the worse ones of the line, but the dinosaur, mammoth, and crocodile were awesome.

I still don't get the hate for these, why characters like Stonedar and Rokkon were more acceptable, but meteor creatures weren't.

I think with some tweaking, and I've mentioned this in the past, they could be really, really awesome additions to MotU. The Crocodile could be some magma-type rock formed to look like a crocodile, with glowing lava in the cracks of his body, eyes and mouth glowing with heat, and liquid magma running from the corners of its maw...

How is that not awesome?
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Meteorbs, I loved those things. I only got a few, so I never saw the worse ones of the line, but the dinosaur, mammoth, and crocodile were awesome.

I still don't get the hate for these, why characters like Stonedar and Rokkon were more acceptable, but meteor creatures weren't.

I think with some tweaking, and I've mentioned this in the past, they could be really, really awesome additions to MotU. The Crocodile could be some magma-type rock formed to look like a crocodile, with glowing lava in the cracks of his body, eyes and mouth glowing with heat, and liquid magma running from the corners of its maw...

How is that not awesome?
    That is kinda awesome.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

actually neither. but really, really NOT the Meteorbs! That's no MotU in my eyes! just fashions the MotU-logo, that's about it (and already too much!).

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

None, let them rest in peace!!!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

both NOT

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I could live without both

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Yeah, bring back the Star Sisters instead
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

"Neither" needs to be an option. It seems to be the most popular choice, and for good reason, neither of them have any business being in MotU.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Yeah, bring back the Star Sisters instead

Seriously,I'll be glad...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I grew up with the tail end of MotU toys (1985-to-87) & I remember my mom coming home from the store with 2 MotU figures for me (Rio Blast & Stonedar) & 2 MotU figures for my sister (Rio Blast & Gwildor), even though she must have been like 2 or 3 when those figures were out & I was 6 or 7.

I only had 2 Meteorbs as a kid, Orbear & Tuskor (which are somehow ALWAYS the ones people are selling cheaply on eBay- were these two the peg warmers of the line??) were a part of my childhood. I remember playing with them with my Rock Lords toys, as they were like rocks in a sense, but also played with them with my MotU stuff. I didn't have a lot of good guys, so Tuskor was a welcome addition to He-Man's group & Skeletor didn't mind having Orbear to help him kick the snot outta King Hiss & the Evil Horde guys.

Always wanted Crocobite the most as crocodiles/alligators were like my favorite animal as a kid.

If they brought them back I'd like to see them look more like the artwork on their packages. I know the toys were from some other toyline so they could never look like their artwork which was created to make the toys seem cooler then they actually are, BUT I'd like to see the Four Horsemen take these drawings....

....and make them into fully detailed, transformable toys. They'd basically just be like having the animal companions like Screeech, Zoar, Battle Cat, etc., except these ones could transform into orbs and have a slightly orb-shaped body.

Hell, I'd totally buy a Four-Horsemen sculpted/designed Crocobite. It may be 20 years, but I still think Crocobite is awesome (...and I still don't own him either... ).

As for Rotar & Twistoid, if the line lasts long enough that including them in it becomes a possibility, I'll buy them. Hopefully A)They both won't be as rare as their 80's counterparts & B) Twistoid will actually have HANDS instead of hexagonal shaped ones. (always thought that was weird..)

~Co-Lec-Tor
    Last edited by Co-Lec-Tor; May 29, 2008 at 12:00am. Reason: Forgot somethings.

Widget
    Neither really needs to be in this poll. As of now I did not vote.
    I don't like either concept.
    Little transformer animals ?
    Spinning Torsos ?
    Neither idea are Masters of the Universe to me.

There is a reason I didn't add neither to this poll: Becuase I detest the opinion that certain characters should absolutely not be made. I'm a fan of a good many unpopular characters, and I think it sucks when people say they shouldn't ever get toys.

By the same token, there are a bunch of guys that most fans seem to love that I personally can live without, but still I never say they should NOT have toys, because I know how much it annoys me to say the same about my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    There is a reason I didn't add neither to this poll: Becuase I detest the opinion that certain characters should absolutely not be made. I'm a fan of a good many unpopular characters, and I think it sucks when people say they shouldn't ever get toys.

By the same token, there are a bunch of guys that most fans seem to love that I personally can live without, but still I never say they should NOT have toys, because I know how much it annoys me to say the same about my favorite characters.
    Well said; I agree with you. "They shouldn't make such-and-such because I don't like it" always rubs me the wrong way. I don't like to drink lime soda, but does that mean I oppose the making of lime soda? No. I can just choose not to drink it.

But I do still feel that it would be best for these toys to stand outside the MOTU brand if they were to be brought back. I don't want a Twistoid to be sitting on the peg taking the place of a cool new Keldor or somebody. Twistoid should be off in another part of the toy store with a shiny new logo on his package instead of the MOTU logo. I'll find him and buy him if I decide he's cool, as will any kids who are into that sort of toy.

ummm... Neither?? Why is this option not offered?

I prefer NEVER to have to see the egg-thingies related to MotU (I'm lucky to only have seen fotos of the original ones!)! And the Energy Zoids I don't care about.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Hmm . . . In all truth, I’d probably take a pass on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
    ummm... Neither?? Why is this option not offered?
    If you'd bothered to read just two posts above you, you'd know why I didn't offer a neither option. For this thread, there is no copout answer.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    If the "Twistoids" where made again for this new line, I would want them to have legs, so that they fit in with the other figures. You could have it be that the figures "detach" from their torsos, allowing them to keep the spinning feature that they had before.

Since this line won't have "action features", it really doesn't matter, but if they are made with the ability to seperate at the waist to look more like the original toys, it gives collectors an option of how they want to pose them.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    If the "Twistoids" where made again for this new line, I would want them to have legs, so that they fit in with the other figures. You could have it be that the figures "detach" from their torsos, allowing them to keep the spinning feature that they had before.

Since this line won't have "action features", it really doesn't matter, but if they are made with the ability to seperate at the waist to look more like the original toys, it gives collectors an option of how they want to pose them.

I agree whole heartedly. They oughta take a cue from MegaMan 8...

How 'bout a "neither, not interested in those" option?

That'd be my choice.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Meteorbs all the way!!! And not just because I don't have any of them anymore. I do have the Energy Zoids, and they still stink as far as functionality. The meteorbs always did their thing, and you couldn't loose accessories. I can't believe more people want the zoids, but I always knew I was out of the loop of life.

I guess I should have said both, crap, can I take it back?

And why would neither ever be an option for a question about making a figure, I'll take anybody, anytime. Even Extendar. Lol, jk, picking at the peace man, I love him too... SEE WHAT I MEAN! Just make them all.

Easiest poll ever{
    Who wants to see all the MOTU figures made?
    answer one: "I do!"
    answer two: "me too!"
    }

I like the idea of detachable toros for Twistoid and Rotar-- so you could pose them either way. I have original Rotar and he works about 1/2 the time- so I'm not as mad at the zoids as I might be if he didn't work lol. They reminded me a great deal of Skeletor's floating robot servants.

Far as the meteorbs, I usually had them as the pets of Rokkon and Stonedar. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of them in a 'rock people' set with them.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinitess View Post
    I like the idea of detachable toros for Twistoid and Rotar-- so you could pose them either way. I have original Rotar and he works about 1/2 the time- so I'm not as mad at the zoids as I might be if he didn't work lol. They reminded me a great deal of Skeletor's floating robot servants.

Far as the meteorbs, I usually had them as the pets of Rokkon and Stonedar. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two of them in a 'rock people' set with them.
    A "Meteorb" as a pet that is included with Rokkon and Stondar would be cool. I would say ASTROLION for Stondar, and COMET CAT for Rokkon.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; August 10, 2008 at 07:57pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com