Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No limit on King Grayskull at SDCC...

No limit on King Grayskull at SDCC...

REMINDER!
    Please refrain from posting any requests for someone to purchase a King Grayskull for you,
    or posting any offers to get King Grayskull figures for other fans.
    We are waiting until a couple weeks prior to SDCC to know Mattel's exact plans about offering this figure outside of SDCC (if any) before any fan requests/offers take place.
    There will be plenty of time for these types of arrangements.
    Thanks!!!

- JVS3

Straight from the Fwoosh!

the Fwoosh Mattel Q&A

6. Will there be a limit on how many Lobos, Gigantas and King GS someone can buy at SDCC?

Nope!

Mattel must be making a lot of the exclusives this year if there is no limit. All SDCC attending .Orgers, hook us up!

Thanks for the info!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    They have not had limits on the SDCC exclusives for a couple years now. if you go the last day of the con they are almost giving them away. The days of 2000 Keldors is LONG gone.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I have never been to a comic-con before. (I'll wait for everyone to stop gasping and get their breath back)

How much do these figures go for at the convention? I know I should know from the boards, but I didn't collect the 200x series wholeheartedly and only picked up the figures in stores.

I haven't decided if I am going to go to the convention or have my brother pick me one up since he works in San Diego.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

A big fan of Slush Head
    That is great news!!!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    I have never been to a comic-con before. (I'll wait for everyone to stop gasping and get their breath back)

How much do these figures go for at the convention? I know I should know from the boards, but I didn't collect the 200x series wholeheartedly and only picked up the figures in stores.

I haven't decided if I am going to go to the convention or have my brother pick me one up since he works in San Diego.
    Usually around 30 bucks.

GK Version 1,

Gracias. Love the avatar. ohhhh Frosta......
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

I just hope they set some aside for those that can't go to the convention like Hasbro does.

I really don't know if I like the fact that they are pretty much buy as many as you want. It opens the door for all the scalpers and eBay scalpers to buy up all of them and sell them for ridiculously high prices.

Personally, I hope the .Org is going to be able to get them and sell them to us. **hint hint Mattel - we want both the regular and chase versions to be available to us at He-Man.Org**

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I just hope they set some aside for those that can't go to the convention like Hasbro does.
    This is my hope as well. It would be a little silly of them to start out a new line with an exclusive that the majority of the fans can't get. I'm sure they'll make KG available to those of us that can't make it to San Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by vaderSW1 View Post
    I really don't know if I like the fact that they are pretty much buy as many as you want. It opens the door for all the scalpers and eBay scalpers to buy up all of them and sell them for ridiculously high prices.
    If resellers flood eBay with these, the prices will just come down. More supply gets closer to meeting demand and means better prices, even if we have to resort to eBay.

Put me down for 5.

thats cool!!!!!! but what if they run out?
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Thats' great, I hope everyone on the .org can get one.

You know, I was thinking, this would be a PERFECT chance for Mattel to start a collector site and have everyone sign up and pre-order a King Grayskull!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    It might also have to do with not having any allotted for WWC...Mattel is skipping WWC this year.

I am liking the sounds of this...put me down for one of each.
    There is no Dana...

cool news.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

This is good news. This means the markup on Ebay won't be bad. As an example I use The Grundy figure from JLU. I only paid $35 for him a week after the con. When you factor all the money that would have been spent going to the convention it's not bad at all.

Plus I'm sure there will be people on the board or other boards willing to help out.
    www.TheComixverse.com
    The Comixverse | comic reviews/previews/editorials & discussion.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Hey People,

This sounds very promising! I really think it is great that Mattel are indicating that there will be a lot of King Grayskull figures to go around.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I just hope that this doesn't backfire. I mean, it's good for us in some ways, but it also gives the scalpers free reign to hog as many of the figures as they want.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Good to know that there wont be a limitation on how many a person can buy.. BUT will there be a limitation overall in quantity sold ?

as you know.. the early bird catches the worm

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    even if we have to resort to eBay.
    We shouldn't have to. We're the fans. It would be nice if Mattel could ask a question to prove the people buying these are actual fans and not people who are just looking for a quick buck.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

He-Man's PR: No Comment hemanrep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    We shouldn't have to. We're the fans. It would be nice if Mattel could ask a question to prove the people buying these are actual fans and not people who are just looking for a quick buck.
    No offense, but I think that's a dumb idea. I know they did this at WWC for one of the other exclusives, but I think that anyone who wants a figure should be able to purchase it. What they do with it is there own business. It's tough enough with the raffle to get one already; having people answer questions that only the core MOTU base will probably likely be able to answer is ludicrous.

If we paid $25 to get in, $10 for parking, and whatever else for the con, we should be able to buy whatever we want without being quizzed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    No offense, but I think that's a dumb idea. I know they did this at WWC for one of the other exclusives, but I think that anyone who wants a figure should be able to purchase it. What they do with it is there own business. It's tough enough with the raffle to get one already; having people answer questions that only the core MOTU base will probably likely be able to answer is ludicrous.
    Then you must have no problem paying insane amounts for a figure from some gravy sucking pig that isn't a fan and just looking to make a quick buck because the people that do want it and can't go to the cons have to pay that pigs price. Besides it can be something very simple like name a character from Masters of the Universe aside from He-Man and Skeletor.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

I gotta chime in here. I hate scalpers to the point that I have been in physical altercations with them. Yes it's true but that is a story for another time. Anyways the people that feed them is to blame. I see it all the time. A new $10 figure comes out and people will pay $100 for them when they can wait 2 weeks and get it for $10 in the store. Greed and impatience is what makes these losers want to scalp in the first place. I don't think KG will be hard to get. And this is a free market answering a question is just stupid and limited selling to only fans is gonna kill this line before it starts. Let the scalpers buy hundreds or thousands of KG it will show strong sales and keep the line going.