Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NA Power Sword for the classics line

A big fan of Slush Head

NA Power Sword for the classics line

I was thinking about this today and I wonder what is going to happen with the NA Power Sword.
    The new classics collection got rid of the awful 200x Power Sword, now I wonder if they will get rid of the NA one too.

They can still keep it transparent green but using the Classic Power Sword instead of the other design.
    That way they will keep the universe consistent. Having three different power swords was weird IMHO.

Here is how I picture the NA classic Power sword:

I don't know what others think so I want to know what you think about this.
    Blasfemy? or Good Idea?

Please tell me.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    That's kind of awesome I think. Although, I bet if anyone gets a gold sword, it's She-Ra.

And am I the only one that likes the 200X sword?

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Version 1 View Post
    That's kind of awesome I think. Although, I bet if anyone gets a gold sword, it's She-Ra.

And am I the only one that likes the 200X sword?
    Yeah She-Ra has a better chance of getting a gold sword.
    I hope not though. I hope they give She-Ra a grey sword just like He-Man's. Like the toon

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    I hope so too! That was the only disappointment I had with the Comic Con She-Ra. Maybe they'll give it to her this time, and let NA He-Man get the Gold Power Sword.

I really hope She-Ra has the same powersword as He-Man! plus its blue stone!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I really hope She-Ra has the same powersword as He-Man! plus its blue stone!
    ME TOO!!!!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I could go for that, Mike.

The transparent green shield can stay the same.

I don't know I kinda like the NA sword but maybe that's just me....
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I like the idea of the NA sheild staying the same. Having a little think about it I've decided that really like this concept!!!!!!!!! The NA powersword dosen't change design, just the expression of its powers, due to being so far away from Grayskull. Hense the green / yellow-gold light of the blade when He-Man is on Primus)

This is kind of off track, but still related. This new NA power sword concept raises a couple of questions for me relating to She-Ra and the Crystal Castle. Firstly why dosen't She-Ra's sword change to NA colors being on Etheria?

I assume the only reasion She-Ra's power sword dosent change to NA colors is because the blue stone within the blade allows for Grayskull power to be chanelled through the Crystal Castle. That's where I assume the gem comes from. Consequently, She-Ra is still close to her power sourse even on Etheria!

This arguably has implications for He-Man! He-Man's power sword would also have to ancher into Grayskull's power, resident within the Crystal Castle when visiting Etheria. If not, surly his blade would manifest NA colors the moment he walked through the dimensional gate: due to being so far from Grayskull.

I think a number of She-Haters would have an issue with He-Man's sword drawing power from the Crystal Castle, even if it's only acting as a host for Grayskull's power. Personally, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This concept could be viewed as uniting rather than seporating the power sources for He-Man & She-Ra.

In one unproduced She-Ra episode the Sorceress of Grayskull, along with He-Man travel to the Crystal Castle to help She-Ra save Light Hope. (Heart of Dark Hope) If the Sorceress was able to use her powers there, which the episode description kind of suggested: it's logical to assume the Crystal Castle can chanel the power of Grayskull.

Otherwise away from Castle Grayskull the Sorceress would have been powerless to help She-Ra and Light Hope. Unless she took the crystal we saw in the origin of the Sorceress. But would the elders let her risk taking the crystal to another world, and losing it, therefore denying its power to any future Sorceress of Grayskull.

Bringing this back to NA, if She-Ra was to travel to Primus, one could assume her sword would manifst NA colors as well.
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 29, 2008 at 04:21am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I really like the look of the green power sword. Very cool idea.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    The new classics collection got rid of the awful 200x Power Sword, now I wonder if they will get rid of the NA one too.

They can still keep it transparent green but using the Classic Power Sword instead of the other design.
    I am 100% against this. I love the NA sword (especially the cool blue version in the cartoon). The 200X sword was bloated and congested --- the NA sword wasn't. Thus, I'd love for the NA sword to get some recognition and the 200X sword to continue to be ignored.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Warrior
    I think there's an important question to be asked here, which version of the NA sword, and for that matter, which version of the NA He-Man. The toy and animation versions are very very different, especially when it comes to the sword, which is completely different in color and shape (on a side note, I happen to prefer the animated versions of both the sword and He-Man). Does anyone know the legal implications of using the animated version of either he-man or the power sword instead of the mattel versions?

Chris here...

To be honest, although Mattel mentioned the NA as a possibility for a well of characters to pool from, I have to say I think it would be a way down the road before they'd take a risk with them, simply because their market research would have to tell them that NA is the least popular of the MOTU incarnations. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen - but, I think Mattel would only chance their arm with NA if the line had been a proven seller...

In terms of NA He-Man's sword - I'd actually love to see them keep the NA sword just because I always felt it fitted the vibe of the line well (whereas MYP He-Man's didn't) - but, it would make (and have made) a lot more continuity sense if the sword stayed the same!

Take care...
    Are you fed up with the problems you've been experiencing buying from MattyCollector.com?

If so, please consider joining the Facebook group Mattel Toys - Petition for Change, to present a united voice to Mattel calling for change.

MOTU Classics is an amazing toyline, and collecting it should be fun. Let's try and make a difference.
    --------

www.thundercatslair.org

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I could go for that, Mike.

The transparent green shield can stay the same.
    Oh yeah the shield can stay!! Love that shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    I don't know I kinda like the NA sword but maybe that's just me....
    I like it too, it's just that I think the Power Sword should stay the same through all versions for continuity porpuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I like the idea of the NA sheild staying the same. Having a little think about it I've decided that really like this concept!!!!!!!!! The NA powersword dosen't change design, just the expression of its powers, due to being so far away from Grayskull. Hense the green / yellow-gold light of the blade when He-Man is on Primus)

This is kind of off track, but still related. This new NA power sword concept raises a couple of questions for me relating to She-Ra and the Crystal Castle. Firstly why dosen't She-Ra's sword change to NA colors being on Etheria?

I assume the only reasion She-Ra's power sword dosent change to NA colors is because the blue stone within the blade allows for Grayskull power to be chanelled through the Crystal Castle. That's where I assume the gem comes from. Consequently, She-Ra is still close to her power sourse even on Etheria!

This arguably has implications for He-Man! He-Man's power sword would also have to ancher into Grayskull's power, resident within the Crystal Castle when visiting Etheria. If not, surly his blade would manifest NA colors the moment he walked through the dimensional gate: due to being so far from Grayskull.

I think a number of She-Haters would have an issue with He-Man's sword drawing power from the Crystal Castle, even if it's only acting as a host for Grayskull's power. Personally, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This concept could be viewed as uniting rather than seporating the power sources for He-Man & She-Ra.

In one unproduced She-Ra episode the Sorceress of Grayskull, along with He-Man travel to the Crystal Castle to help She-Ra save Light Hope. (Heart of Dark Hope) If the Sorceress was able to use her powers there, which the episode description kind of suggested: it's logical to assume the Crystal Castle can chanel the power of Grayskull. Otherwise away from Castle Grayskull the Sorceress would have been powerless to help She-Ra and Light Hope. Unless she took the crystal we saw in the origin of the Sorceress. But would the elders let her risk taking the crystal to another world, and losing it, therefore denying its power to any future Sorceress of Grayskull.

Bringing this back to NA, if She-Ra was to travel to Primus, one could assume her sword would manifst NA colors as well.
    This is very intersesting and gets you wondering.
    It would've been cool to see an episode with She-Ra on NA He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I really like the look of the green power sword. Very cool idea.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I am 100% against this. I love the NA sword (especially the cool blue version in the cartoon). The 200X sword was bloated and congested --- the NA sword wasn't. Thus, I'd love for the NA sword to get some recognition and the 200X sword to continue to be ignored.
    Jajajajajaja a 200x sword hater? Me too!!
    I like the NA sword man but I think it would be best to have only one version of the Power Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by vader142 View Post
    I think there's an important question to be asked here, which version of the NA sword, and for that matter, which version of the NA He-Man. The toy and animation versions are very very different, especially when it comes to the sword, which is completely different in color and shape (on a side note, I happen to prefer the animated versions of both the sword and He-Man). Does anyone know the legal implications of using the animated version of either he-man or the power sword instead of the mattel versions?
    That's true. Well lets just stay with the first version of the sword and He-Man.
    I also prefer the way He-Man looked on the toon with the pony tail than the figure.
    About the sword well I prefer the toy version cause it had that awesome translucent green. Love when they do accesories like that.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    Chris here...

To be honest, although Mattel mentioned the NA as a possibility for a well of characters to pool from, I have to say I think it would be a way down the road before they'd take a risk with them, simply because their market research would have to tell them that NA is the least popular of the MOTU incarnations. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen - but, I think Mattel would only chance their arm with NA if the line had been a proven seller...

In terms of NA He-Man's sword - I'd actually love to see them keep the NA sword just because I always felt it fitted the vibe of the line well (whereas MYP He-Man's didn't) - but, it would make (and have made) a lot more continuity sense if the sword stayed the same!

Take care...
    You know I think they should place an NA figure in the first waves.
    Why? Because that way they will be next to great characters like MAA or Triklops and that will make them sell better I think.

I am one that is dying to get NA characters in MOTU style.
    They have a lot of potencial and finally I can actually display them all in the same place. MOTU and NA!!!

Great job on the updated design! That's what they should do!
    Awesome sticker included!

Personally I know I may be the odd ball but I love the design of the sword used by the live action actor in this commercial:

However chances of getting that sword are impossible. And here's a third person that can't stand the 200x sword!
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

*sigh*
    those old commercials make me feel nostalgic.
    Awesome sticker included!

I like the idea of keeping the original style of the na sword but it does need a change. Make it bulkier, not like a tooth pick like the original design. It fits na Heman so it should stay with him.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

i like that green version of the old school sword but i still love the NA sword. it has a special lil place in my heart since i grew up with that sword as well
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The NA sword was different, because the power came from the ship and the other sword worked as a key to the castle greyskull. So in my mind that sword stayed there while he got a new sword to match the future.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I wonder what the 4H will do with stuff like this. I guess only time will tell.
    But to be honest I would rather have the same sword for all He-Mans.

NA Sword

heres my favorite version and I hope they use this to cast the new sword.NA-He-Man-colored.jpg
    One with the Power

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Help save the Stargate series vist http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    heres my favorite version and I hope they use this to cast the new sword.NA-He-Man-colored.jpg

That pic isn't bad at all. As much as I hated the 200x designs for He-Man, and the Power Sword, I gotta say it works amazingly well here. I think maybe I just can' stomach those concepts in the context of the traditional He-Man that we all know and love, but when you put those ideas in the context of the N.A. He-Man....well then they become SOOO much more appropriate!
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0

I personally think a NA variants of Adam, He-Man, Sorceress, Teela and Skeletor would go down well, just later on down the line. I would love it if Mattel would create a NA version of She-Ra and Hordak as exclusives if the other NA variants sold well.

Generally I am not to keen for loads of variants after the 2k issues. But, I would most certianly pick these guys up. If done well I am sure they would be a success with hard core fans. My only preferences would be that Skeletor is sculpted without the cartoon eyeballs and the power sword (if not a repaint of the classic sword in NA colors) is based on the cartoon design, rather than the orignal NA toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I was thinking about this today and I wonder what is going to happen with the NA Power Sword.

That way they will keep the universe consistent. Having three different power swords was weird IMHO.

Here is how I picture the NA classic Power sword:

I don't know what others think so I want to know what you think about this.
    Blasfemy? or Good Idea?

Please tell me.

Blasphemy. That's one case where I don't think the classic style sword should be used as the default weapon.
    "All of the figures in the new MOTU Classics line will have a look that is an homage to the original toy lines from the 1980s." - Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich

BAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-O0lmC1Y0E
    http://www.myspace.com/thesickpleazures
    ART
    http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/c...tworkgalleries
    PHOTOS
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/1723839/0