Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Sorceress - Discussion

I love the idea of that Sorceress being used for Kodak Ungol if they can't use the Filmation design for her. Just like Teela'Na can choose to wear her vintage or 200x looks, I think it'd be neat if that was Kodak Ungol's other look.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I just want a Filmation style Sorceress and I will be happy.

I think I would have to pass on this design.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

this question needs to be placed in a Q&A on this site or another

or if TG sees this thread maybe he can just answer it

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I love the idea of that Sorceress being used for Kodak Ungol if they can't use the Filmation design for her.
    Umm, just to repeat myself, this is the original Filmation test drawing for the Sorceress. As in Filmation own it.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Original Filmation sorceress all the way....im not a fan of the warrior looking 200x one atall.But i don't mind if they do that one after.
    MOST WANTED MOTUC FIGURES : MELAKTHA MADAME RAZZ FILMATION HORDAK PEEKABLUE MERMISTA QUEEN ANGELLA LIZARD MAN PERFUMA EVILSEED DREE ELLE VULTAK
    HUNGA SWEETBEE RED KNIGHT GENERAL SUNDAR GWILDOR SAUROD LOO-KEE FLUTTERINA SPINERELLA CATRA CAT FORM FILMATION SKELETOR

Heroic Warrior
    Original Filmation sorceress first...eventually I would love to see the 200x sorceress (it was a pretty awesome design), but we have to go with the classic version first.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

Licensing Kit Sorceress

I was looking at the MotU licensing kit [styleguide] earlier, and a couple of things leapt out at me about the Sorceress' entry...

1) That's a Filmation-style cape, not toy-style ridiculously-small-wings
    2) Her leotard was given the same treatment as MotUC Adora's - i.e., turned into a minidress - for this picture, which
    3) Let's hope that they don't do what they did for MotUC She-Ra and pull from the... sillier aspects of the licensing kit bio - real name "Sorceress" not Teela'Na? Elder? [Although, OTOH, it had her as the mother of Teela rather than just her template... but that ship has sailed]

I much prefer the idea that the mantle of the Sorceress has been handed down over the generations. Am perfectly happy with Sorceress having an un-naturally extended life, but I prefer the Filmation Koduc Ungol to Teela'Na succession storyline than the version in the above styleguide where it has been the same Sorceress over the years since Preternia.

Lets have Veena, Ungol and Teela'Na as generations of the Sorceress and leave the Goddess as the spiritual entity that has lasted the duration since Preternia to modern days.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

IF IF if Mattel were to obtain rights to Filmation characters, then all they would need to make is a second head for Kudok Ungol. Repackage with extra accessories and there is now two uses for this sorceress buck.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Don't forget the pink and white Sorceress variants!

Plenty of re-sale options for the Sorceress.

Court Magician
    Hoping the Sorceress design is slightly more on par w/ filmation than the old 80's toy. They're quite similar, I know, but I always hated that the beak pointed upright on the toy. Much prefer the beak to rest on her head as it did in the Filmation cartoon.

Silly request huh?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    They DID?!?

When????

That makes me so happy.

I wonder who they did mean then? Veena? Or maybe Sorceress in Egypt garb... which is technically not The Sorceress in Falcon garb... and Toyguru DID say that characters with 2 distinct looks would have 2 figures.. so we should get both versions.
    Is the both versions and two distinct looks rule is still apply after Guru was told 200x was retired? The original toy was in filmation colors, so I don't see why they would do anything else, other than better sculpting due to it being done by the Four Horsemen.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Is the both versions and two distinct looks rule is still apply after Guru was told 200x was retired? The original toy was in filmation colors, so I don't see why they would do anything else, other than better sculpting due to it being done by the Four Horsemen.
    That's only the alternate heads. Totally different looks from 200X are still on the table (Evil-Lyn, Adam, Randor, Sorceress).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Looking at Matty's history with figures. We can easily say that the Sorceress is coming. She is an absolute lock for getting released. Mattel has the rights to her and she was previously released. They already have the female buck ready. Forget about extra heads.

As far as her bio, it's clear from Teela's bio that MYP history on the Sorceress is out. I also think the minicomic version is in. The mini-comic has BA Skeletor cloning Teela from the Sorceress, so let's look into the mini-comics for her bio.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    We've already had the original Sorceress! She is called Teela!
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

She is NEVER coming. She will be held hostage at the bottom of Scott's desk drawer til the end of the line.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

So if I understand correctly, A-listers are being spread out to keep the line healthy. So if the Sorceress is an A-lister how far can they spread her out? Last? Are there A-listers above her? Does it make more sense for them to save Man E Faces, Mekaneck, and Ram Man for further down? Or is the Sorceress basically the anchor for the end of the whole thing, the holy grail of the line so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    She is NEVER coming. She will be held hostage at the bottom of Scott's desk drawer til the end of the line.

She's a girl figure. She's Never coming!!!! Scott hates girls -- they are icky

Anyway, I hope we are all wrong about our May figure guesses.

I doubt it's the Sorceress, as May/Mother's Day would be awesome for Marlena, and she has a TM.

However, Scott DID mention that another figure has a lot of tooling like King Hssss. The Sorceress wouldn't need a lot of tooling for the body, but she would for her wings, staff, boots, arms (sleeves) and head.

We did see the Sorceress colored Zoar at SDCC... and we all wondered why...

I mean, why bother doing that?

The Sorceress is also key to the POG story. Both King Hssss and Preternia Disguise He-man are important to that story and they are coming in the first half of 2011. It would be REALLY cool to have The Sorceress to go along with Preternia Disguise He-Man and He-Ro.

However, they need to get some of the less popular females out... then again, I am of the mind that the less popular POP females will sell like crazy.
    I feel like ANY characters that have not been updated in 20-25 years will sell like crazy.

I just hope they do The Sorceress well. The wings CANNOT be like the vintage toy. They need to be like that licensing guide pic, and they need to be soft enough to pose her like the Filmation iconic image, AND to put her in spell-casting battle mode.

Speaking of which, she HAS to have a spell casting hand.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    So if the Sorceress is an A-lister how far can they spread her out? Last? Are there A-listers above her?
    It's not a question of "above" - there's no chronology based on precisely where they are in a pecking order, just a general sense of "A-list", "concept", "Vintage MotU", "female", "POP", etc to be spread out.

And she can't be last - she's got one cast-iron variant (the MYP design), at least one other possible (NA minicomic Sorceress, although that may be more of a "completists-only" sub-exclusive figure), and a couple of obscure colour schemes they could throw on for a TRU two-pack. Plus there's Veena to consider, who's a pseudo-variant in the same way as Con-, uh, Vikor is of He-Man.

They need to leave a decent length of time between these versions, so that stops them leaving her to dead-last again.

Anyway, I hope we are all wrong about our May figure guesses.

I doubt it's the Sorceress, as May/Mother's Day would be awesome for Marlena, and she has a TM.

However, Scott DID mention that another figure has a lot of tooling like King Hssss. The Sorceress wouldn't need a lot of tooling for the body, but she would for her wings, staff, boots, arms (sleeves) and head.
    They won't do Marlena and Sorceress in the same year, surely. [I still think they'll do Marlena for SDCC, with an at-con white dress/brunette version and an online green dress/redhead version.]

We did see the Sorceress colored Zoar at SDCC... and we all wondered why...

I mean, why bother doing that?
    They've done that two years in a row - they're just winding us up. It doesn't mean anything either way.

I just hope they do The Sorceress well. The wings CANNOT be like the vintage toy. They need to be like that licensing guide pic, and they need to be soft enough to pose her like the Filmation iconic image...
    I fully agree.

Widget

sorceress

I want to see the Classic 80's Soceress ....come on make her...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Filmation design all the way.

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    I'm good with both Filmation or 200X design, they're both pretty awesome in their own respects.

I just hope they do The Sorceress well. The wings CANNOT be like the vintage toy. They need to be like that licensing guide pic, and they need to be soft enough to pose her like the Filmation iconic image, AND to put her in spell-casting battle mode.

Speaking of which, she HAS to have a spell casting hand.
    So often on this site it's as if you know exactly what I want out of MOTUC.

Teela's face VS. Sorceress' face

In the MOTUC canon we know that Teela is the Sorceress' clone, based on that it is quite logical to re-use Teela's head sculpt (face) when we get the Sorceress figure.

I DO NOT want them to re-use Teela's face, for me they both look very different from one another!

I do have faith in the 4HM however I also see the logic in re-using the sculpt because of the cloning in the canon, I just hope that they take into account that the Sorceress is clearly a different age to Teela and give us a face that is faithful to her appearance in Filmation as Teela's current face does not look anything like the Filmation Sorceress.

I also think that she should have brown eyes which is weird if her clone has blue eyes.

TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Heroic Warrior
    Oh yes, and the Sorceress should have a lower hanging breast and wider hips...