Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Teela discussion: Accessories, hair color, removable armor, etc

Hybrid View

MOTUC Teela discussion: Accessories, hair color, removable armor, etc

In what way do you want to see the Goddess/ Teela situation to develop with the new toyline?

~Teela with Cobra Armor (as just...armor)

~Teela with Cobra Armor (armor on = Goddess)

~Goddess (as seperate character/figure with green chase variant)

~Goddess (as the Sorceress in Cobra Armor with a green chase)

~other?

Personally, I'd like to see Teela and The [Sorceress] as seperate figures. Then I'd like to have The Sorceress come with two different snap on armor's: Falcon/Cobra.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I think I'd just like to see the following...

Teela, with removable Snake Head dress.

However have the base sculpt of Teela such that her armor under her head dress is a removable piece, that would just reveal a simplified but elegant dress under her "ramshorn bra" armor.

Then you take the base Teela sculpt without the "ramshorn bra", give her a new head, keep the Snake head dress, paint her green and you've got the GREEN GODDESS or concept Sorceress.

Not a chase, but a limited run exclusive.

Maybe the "Goddess" can also come in the standard Teela colors too, to pay homage to the Texiera comics where she actually was called the "Goddess", and have that version also be a limited exclusive.

I lean this way, from observations of these two early Mark Taylor drawings of Teela and the "Sorceress".
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Teela with the Snake Armor - just like the vintage figure (but made modern - also a slightly longer ponytail)

Green Goddess Teela - Green repaint of the Teela figure with a changed face sculpt. A retail exclusive or con exclusive.

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Teela with the Snake Armor - just like the vintage figure (but made modern - also a slightly longer ponytail)

Green Goddess Teela - Green repaint of the Teela figure with a changed face sculpt. A retail exclusive or con exclusive.

That sounds like the most logical way we'd end up getting it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Except for the ponytail, I'd agree (the original's was never actually a ponytail, more like some odd bun or something). I could see the green version as a chase, but chase figures do little but give scalpers fodder. A store exclusive, like the recent WalMart or Target Iron Mans, would, indeed, be better
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Except for the ponytail, I'd agree
    Agreed. No ponytail for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Except for the ponytail, I'd agree (the original's was never actually a ponytail, more like some odd bun or something).
    What are you talking about? The toy? Or the Filmation toon?

In the toon, yes, it was some weird bun flop thing.
    The toy however is a short ponytail.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

I want Teela with her Snake Headress and then have the Green Goddess as a variant but I would be real mad if they made her as a con exclusive.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I'd like her to be new character with green skin and the cobra armor, named either "The Goddess or The Green Goddess" and worked into the original story fabric of MOTU...pre King Grayskull, Pre He-Man, Pre He-Ro.

Perhaps years later, Teela finds The Goddess's armor and is able to use it to harness powers beyond our imagination...

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    I'd like her to be new character with green skin and the cobra armor, named either "The Goddess or The Green Goddess" and worked into the original story fabric of MOTU...pre King Grayskull, Pre He-Man, Pre He-Ro.

Perhaps years later, Teela finds The Goddess's armor and is able to use it to harness powers beyond our imagination...
    I like this idea, a Pre-ternia character.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I wouldn't be against this one bit. I like the idea myself!

I don't think the Green Goddess has the wide spread appeal for a con exclusive, but a small retailer or even a he-man.org exclusive... Now there's potential!

But maybe my view is too short... Seeing as everyone who remembers those early minicomics HAS seen and probably remembers the "green Teela".

Teela with removable snake armor is awesome.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX

Why are you all so eager for a Teela all of a sudden, when none of you wanted a Teela staction?

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Evil View Post
    Why are you all so eager for a Teela all of a sudden, when none of you wanted a Teela staction?
    hey there huh???!!!!!

That is very untrue my friend, I would have loved a Teela staction and never stated anything otherwise.

Yeah I don't understand this statement either. I'm totally looking forward to a Teela WITH snake armor in this new line, and I would have loved to have gotten a Teela in the staction line had it continued. I'm really looking forward to ALL of the female characters in the new Classics line.

Yeah, I don't think it's fair to say "none of you wanted a Teela staction". I think that most people here would've been up for that, especially given that the Teela figure was so hard to come by. Any sentiment against a Teela staction was probably just a general attitude against redoing characters that had figures before doing "new" characters.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Don't mind me, I'm just gonna jump on the bandwagon and say " " to that idea!

Why do you think this is an all of the sudden thing?
    Teela has always been a popular character, and I'm sure many of us here posting would've wanted a Teela staction. I for one surely did.

But if you're keeping track of who posts what opinion, well then my guess for anyone who posted interest here that maybe didn't want a staction falls into the big crowd of fans who love the classics, and with MotU, you don't get much more classic than Teela as a top secondary character just after He-Man and Skeletor.

But I can't speak for that crowd... I'm just guessing, the logic seems clear to me, I don't know why you can't see it?

I feel the need to say something here...That statement is incorrect.
    In fact, out of ALL the Staction remakes that fans here hoped for, Teela often placed HIGH, & came usually right after King Hiss, Moss-Man, & Skeletor by most. She was constantly mentioned as a "hopeful."

Back on topic:
    The new Teela Classics figure should be inspired by the original, whose face & form where much more Frazetta-esque. She should include the original colored Snake Armor, & it should be removable, the original Teela figure is worlds better than the 200X one in many ways, most notable being the face, & I am not talking about the Reissued version, you take an original 80's Teela, & a face-side-by-side comparison to the 4H's Denise Richards inspired one, & it is much nicer, because the shrinking process from the 4H 2up malformed the 200X version's, just look at how nice the 4H prototype 2up is on their webpage in comparison to the toy we got, then look again at an original Teela, & you'll see what I mean, the 4H had the best intent, but the downsized final has a warped profile. And I am a BIG Teela fan as you guys know & have several of all versions made of her in my posession. The micro-bust Teela was the closest to what the 4H had intended in product form in facial "look".

The Green Goddess should have a new head... Snake Armor, & be all green-toned.
    On Teela, the ponytail should be short, but not sculpted to the back of the head, take a look at Frazetta's works, the original figure design (leotard, tiara, ponytail), & Alcala's mini-comic interpretations of Teela, that is what she should look like... A true fantasy warrior princess...
    Last edited by JafariStew; May 1, 2008 at 09:52pm.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really like that idea.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    how about all of them ? Wave 1 Wave 2 then 6, 7 at this point any look is A look that we need

I just want to see Teela with her snake armor and The Sorceress (Filmamtion or MYP design) as two seperate figures.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Teela and the Sorceress where two different figures. I think that has been established. I'm sure there is a Teela with snake armor in the works. I still like the new 2002 one but her head has to be resculpted for the armor. I can also see the "green" goddess as a variant.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I would like to see both figures made. No repaints or varients just regular schedueled figures.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Well, in some alternate reality when I was saying I wanted a Teela staction, everyone used to say they weren't interested in characters that'd already been made into figures in the 200x line. I never ever heard one voice saying otherwise. All the members were only interested in new characters, despite the fact that Teela was never officially released outside the US and very few of us got hold of her.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Teela and the Sorceress where two different figures. I think that has been established. I'm sure there is a Teela with snake armor in the works. I still like the new 2002 one but her head has to be resculpted for the armor. I can also see the "green" goddess as a variant.
    Oooh, I'm good.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!