Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 230

Thread: MOTUC Teela discussion: Accessories, hair color, removable armor, etc

  1. #26
    Heroic Fan ART Mod! JafariStew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    3,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Evil View Post
    Why are you all so eager for a Teela all of a sudden, when none of you wanted a Teela staction?
    I feel the need to say something here...That statement is incorrect.
    In fact, out of ALL the Staction remakes that fans here hoped for, Teela often placed HIGH, & came usually right after King Hiss, Moss-Man, & Skeletor by most. She was constantly mentioned as a "hopeful."

    Back on topic:
    The new Teela Classics figure should be inspired by the original, whose face & form where much more Frazetta-esque. She should include the original colored Snake Armor, & it should be removable, the original Teela figure is worlds better than the 200X one in many ways, most notable being the face, & I am not talking about the Reissued version, you take an original 80's Teela, & a face-side-by-side comparison to the 4H's Denise Richards inspired one, & it is much nicer, because the shrinking process from the 4H 2up malformed the 200X version's, just look at how nice the 4H prototype 2up is on their webpage in comparison to the toy we got, then look again at an original Teela, & you'll see what I mean, the 4H had the best intent, but the downsized final has a warped profile. And I am a BIG Teela fan as you guys know & have several of all versions made of her in my posession. The micro-bust Teela was the closest to what the 4H had intended in product form in facial "look".

    The Green Goddess should have a new head... Snake Armor, & be all green-toned.
    On Teela, the ponytail should be short, but not sculpted to the back of the head, take a look at Frazetta's works, the original figure design (leotard, tiara, ponytail), & Alcala's mini-comic interpretations of Teela, that is what she should look like... A true fantasy warrior princess...
    Last edited by JafariStew; May 1, 2008 at 09:52pm.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

    JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

    MOTUC RECORD


    NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

    "Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

  2. #27
    Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sweden, Northern part
    Posts
    5,846
    Sorry Jafari mate, but I don't think any of the old-school fans will allow anything but a Teela with the big bun-tied hair in the back.

    That kind of is the original look you know, and I have to say that's one of the things that the 4H really improved, Teela's new 21'st century hairdo looked excellent, imho.

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,198
    I wonder if Mattel will let us vote for our favourite version of Teela or will they just decide by themselves how she should look?

  4. #29
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,713
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I wonder if Mattel will let us vote for our favourite version of Teela or will they just decide by themselves how she should look?
    Of course they're doing it themselves.
    Actually, it'll probably be the Four Horsemen making a lot of those decisions, and we know that they come on here, and listen to what we have to say when they can.

    I trust them, I'm sure they'll do a fine job with Teela, she's one that I'm really looking forward to seeing.

    But if they let us vote on Teela, well then we need to vote on just about any and every character, and I just don't see that happening, nor do I really feel that it's necessary.

    But that's me.

    Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    I feel the need to say something here...That statement is incorrect.
    In fact, out of ALL the Staction remakes that fans here hoped for, Teela often placed HIGH, & came usually right after King Hiss, Moss-Man, & Skeletor by most. She was constantly mentioned as a "hopeful."

    Back on topic:
    The new Teela Classics figure should be inspired by the original, whose face & form where much more Frazetta-esque. She should include the original colored Snake Armor, & it should be removable, the original Teela figure is worlds better than the 200X one in many ways, most notable being the face, & I am not talking about the Reissued version, you take an original 80's Teela, & a face-side-by-side comparison to the 4H's Denise Richards inspired one, & it is much nicer, because the shrinking process from the 4H 2up malformed the 200X version's, just look at how nice the 4H prototype 2up is on their webpage in comparison to the toy we got, then look again at an original Teela, & you'll see what I mean, the 4H had the best intent, but the downsized final has a warped profile. And I am a BIG Teela fan as you guys know & have several of all versions made of her in my posession. The micro-bust Teela was the closest to what the 4H had intended in product form in facial "look".

    The Green Goddess should have a new head... Snake Armor, & be all green-toned.
    On Teela, the ponytail should be short, but not sculpted to the back of the head, take a look at Frazetta's works, the original figure design (leotard, tiara, ponytail), & Alcala's mini-comic interpretations of Teela, that is what she should look like... A true fantasy warrior princess...
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but I disagree with the bit about the 4HM sculpt. It's still a fine sculpt in it's figure form, a fresh paintjob does wonders on her... She looks much closer to her 2-up form than you may realize, you just need to get some good paints on there.

    But yeah! Bring on the Frazetta figure!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    5,128
    Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Perhaps years later, Teela finds The Goddess's armor and is able to use it to harness powers beyond our imagination...
    I really like that idea.

  6. #31
    Greg at your service AnnnaMot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Posts
    3,670
    how about all of them ? Wave 1 Wave 2 then 6, 7 at this point any look is A look that we need

  7. #32
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    East York, Ontario
    Posts
    1,871

    Will Teela come packaged with the cobra armor on or off?

    I can't remember if Teela used to come packaged in the 80's line with her cobra armor on or off, and I'm too lazy to go and check for it, so I thought I'd use that laziness to my advantage to start a new tread. Toyguru said that the figures will appear as they did in the 80's line, which is why Mer Man comes packaged with the "Stinkor" head on, but is shown on the cardback with the classic cardback head/face. And for this reason, we should see Man-At-Arms with the mustache-less head in package and on cardback. But for Teela, what did she have back in the day? And for MOC collectors, if you had a choice, would you want her with the cobra armor on or off?

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,179
    As far as I can remember, I think she was wearing the Cobra Armor.

    Personally, it doesn't matter to me if she comes with the armor on or off, because I will open mine and display her sans armor. I never liked the Cobra look, but that might be because she never wore it in the cartoon.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  9. #34

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    245
    Teela's got some junk in her trunk.. I guess that answers the question.. but the other question will be, will Teela include the armor, or will it be saved for something else.

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    As far as I can remember, I think she was I never liked the Cobra look, but that might be because she never wore it in the cartoon.
    That's why I don't like it.

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior tyr112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Teela's got some junk in her trunk.. I guess that answers the question.. but the other question will be, will Teela include the armor, or will it be saved for something else.
    Of course Teela will include the armor. All of the MOTUC toys will include all of their original accessories. The original Teela had the armor, so the new Teela will have the armor.

  13. #38
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,179
    Dang... I could have sworn she was wearing the armor in the package.

    ( Too many blows to the head over the years, I guess... )
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  14. #39

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior Man-E-Toys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,688
    i think she'll be wearing the armor since it would be a space saver.

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    As far as I can remember, I think she was wearing the Cobra Armor.

    Personally, it doesn't matter to me if she comes with the armor on or off, because I will open mine and display her sans armor. I never liked the Cobra look, but that might be because she never wore it in the cartoon.
    Same here. I never liked the armor. I only put it on one time, and it was only because my mom wanted to see what she looked wearing it. Then off it went. I'm surprised I never lost te darn thing. It used to lie around behind Castle Grayskull's throne for the longest time, lol.

    Like the pics show of the original, I think they armor will be off to show the basic figure of Teela and all her details. Given that females will be more feminine and smaller, there's plenty of room in the packaging to hold the cobra accessories in full view to the left and/or right of the main figure.

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior Vorgon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Antonio,Texas
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    i think she'll be wearing the armor since it would be a space saver.
    TG said at NYCC fan panel that all figures will be packaged to resemble how they looked back in the 80's along with the cardbacks pics.He said it is a recurring theme for this line.This is why Mer-man is wearing his stinkor head but the picture on the back of his card will be the one featured from the eightbacks.

    Teela will come with snake armor but she will not be wearing it since her 80's figure wasnt wearing it in the package.Her picture on the back will depict her wearing the snake armor because thats how it was featured on the eightback.

    This may change because of space etc so I guess will have to wait and see.I wish they would have told us when we will get to see her second head.

  18. #43
    Grew up on a horse Baena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,713
    I'm pretty sure she never wore the armor in the packaging.
    So I'm guessing she won't this time either as they like to do those "nods" which is cool.

    EDIT: D'oh! Just like Vorgon said!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

  19. #44
    Wise Old Trollan Uncle Montork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    South Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,755
    Teela did not wear her cobra armor in her 80s packaging:

    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior Marvelous0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Outside of Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,503
    I've been wondering about this. But I think they might have her packaged with the Cobra Head on. It will be easier to package her normal head to the side of the tray than the Cobra version.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  21. #46
    Why not? j-bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    in a flat, flat place
    Posts
    1,328
    Either way, I'm glad she's coming with it. I hated the cobra-armor as a kid, but as I've gotten older, I've come to appreciate it.

  22. #47
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,678
    As others have pointed out, I don't think she'll be wearing the cobra armor because she wasn't wearing it back in the 80s either.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior Darkwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin , TX
    Posts
    364

    4H inspired by Angelina Jolie for Teela?

    I was looking at the Teela images from the NYCC and thought those pouty lips and almond eyes reminded me of someone. Is it just me or is there more than a passing resemblance?


  24. #49
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    119
    I can see it. Well, at least now we know who to cast for teela in the movie!

  25. #50
    Mattycollector.com The_Robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mattycollector.com!
    Posts
    896
    lol, I'd just stick to the cartoons if they cast her as Teela.
    www.mattycollector.com

    Faker Coming March 16th
    Mer-Man Coming April 15th
    Zodac May 15th
    Hordak June 15th
    Man-At-Arms July 15th
    Tri-Klops August 17th

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •