Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Teela discussion: Accessories, hair color, removable armor, etc

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I've seen a couple references to it being sculpted on the head, but don't remember seeing anything official about it. Did I miss something?
    I believe that one head is the armored head....think skullcap that fits in the snake cowl.

The other head is the unarmored Teela head.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm 100% positive the armor is removable be it by the head, or that it can come off without the head, either way, it's removable.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Lycan
    I hope it comes off her head/helmet. It definately looks cast seperately. Hopefully it wont be another victim of the over enthusiastic glue gun guys at the factory
    But Im sure she'll come with her old style regular head, anyway.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Court Magician
    maybe i'm wrong, but it also seems like i read teela is also comming with a 2000x pony tail style head. does this mean she will have three heads? a head to fit the armor, a traditional 80's style bun and a 2000x head as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jayceej View Post
    maybe i'm wrong, but it also seems like i read teela is also comming with a 2000x pony tail style head. does this mean she will have three heads? a head to fit the armor, a traditional 80's style bun and a 2000x head as well?
    No I believe it's just two.
    One with a ponytail, one for the snake headdress.

The ponytail could be old 80's or 200X really just depending on the length of the ponytail really.

Look at the record book that came out with Point Dread and the Talon fighter.
    You can read it here, Teela is prevalent in the second story.
    Alcala drew her with quite a nice length on the ponytail... It seemed to have gotten longer and longer as the panels progressed!

And before some of ye nit pickers get fussy on her hair color there, I'm just referencing the length of the hair, not the color.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

The ponytail could be old 80's or 200X really just depending on the length of the ponytail really.

Look at the record book that came out with Point Dread and the Talon fighter.
    You can read it here, Teela is prevalent in the second story.
    Alcala drew her with quite a nice length on the ponytail... It seemed to have gotten longer and longer as the panels progressed!

And before some of ye nit pickers get fussy on her hair color there, I'm just referencing the length of the hair, not the color.
    In that second story He-Man got his chest armor confiscated and had to stand in the prison cell topless. Why couldn't that have been Teela instead?
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

I believe it was said she would have 1 head with the snake armor attacked and the other without, although it hasn`t been said if she will have the pony tail or bun

Court Magician
    thanks for the link baena, i've never seen those stories before. very cool. i do hope that the armor isn't attatched to one of the heads though. maybe it has to work that way for logistical purposes but that would not seem in the spirit of the original toy at all to me.

I'm almost positive this is correct.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Hi, everyone keeps referring to the 'bun',Which is confusing me a little.
    Original Teela has a top ponytail, like a top knot but its obviously loose hair (you can see the loose curls), not a bun at all, its tied up under her Gold head piece, which I always assumed was a concession to the manufacturing capabilities of the early 80's, they couldnt have her with a long ponytail so they compromised, if her hair was down it would be shoulder length, The abilitiy to represent long hair in a seperate ponytail peice came much later which is why I was thrilled with the 200X version (though I hated the face sculpt of 200X) the hair was awesome.
    I figure that since the Horsemen are taking the original 80's figures and updating them, that she will absolutlely have a pony tail of some sort, and I cant wait to see the 2nd head,(and the 'Snake' Head painted!) if its as impressive as MAA, we are in for Collectable gold!
    Bring on the Lady!
    cheers AJ

The original Teela didn't have her head dress attached to her head so why should this new one? Technology has moved on since the 80s and should allow for them to have a separate piece.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I believe it was said she would have 1 head with the snake armor attacked and the other without, although it hasn`t been said if she will have the pony tail or bun
    Toyguru confirmed it would be a ponytail head plus the headdress head. I wish I had the quote for you but I don't, it either came from the NYCC panel or an interview question shortly after NYCC.
    He said it'd be similar to the 200X head, but when I look at the old art, Alcala in particular, and knowing the 4HM love the old stuff like they do, I could see why TG would say that. Either way... I'm so glad it's a ponytail and NOT the Filmation bun thing. ------>

Toyguru confirmed it would be a ponytail head plus the headdress head. I wish I had the quote for you but I don't, it either came from the NYCC panel or an interview question shortly after NYCC.
    He said it'd be similar to the 200X head, but when I look at the old art, Alcala in particular, and knowing the 4HM love the old stuff like they do, I could see why TG would say that. Either way... I'm so glad it's a ponytail and NOT the Filmation bun thing. ------>
    As do I, I`d love nothing more than for her to have a pony tail with BLONDE hair! My head is usually where the horsemens heads are when it comes the the old style MOTU, I love the mini comic era more than anything when it comes to vintage MOTU!! yeah it was on the panel at NYCC, but I missed that part

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Two heads for Teela? Oh, come on I'm with the two heads for Mer-Man, for example, but Teela...
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    Two heads for Teela? Oh, come on I'm with the two heads for Mer-Man, for example, but Teela...
    Armor and non armor? Your not liking this? I love the fact we get a choice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    Teela either comes blonde or redheaded. Just like how Mer-Man was changed when he became a figure, Teela was also changed. However, that isn't the topic...

...this is. You have the snake armor skull cap that works better with the snake armor than sticking her ponytailed head through a hole in the armor's head.

Then you have the unarmored head with the pony tail.

Filmation and 200X decided to get rid of the Cobra armor, but MOTUC brought it back, since it was an original accessory.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I have to say that I'm a bit baffled as to why she had to have the armour attached to her head as well.

This could have been a good opportunity to give Teela a blonde head, for the fans that like that look.

Not me tho, I like red-head Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I have to say that I'm a bit baffled as to why she had to have the armour attached to her head as well.

This could have been a good opportunity to give Teela a blonde head, for the fans that like that look.

Not me tho, I like red-head Teela.
    You gotta look at the source material.

In the vintage art, whenever she had the headdress on, she had some kind of helmet on underneath as well, that's different than her standby tiara.

The only image I can recall where we see hair outside the snake headdress is Green Goddess/Sorceress in when she's bending down slightly, and that's just in one frame. The rest of the time she looks to have some kind of helmet on underneath. And that's how the "Goddess" is consistently portrayed in the DC minicomics.

So all that said means, when she's got the headdress on, she's wearing some kind of helmet as well, no hair visible. Thus, no blond variant... That we know of.

If having her head be separate for the headdress is the only way we can get it? I'll take it! Could it be done differently? Sure, maybe the final will be, we don't know, we've obviously not seen the final yet. There are other factors that could result in to whether or not that "helmet head" is removable from the snake headdress, like production costs across the line? It does look to be two pieces on the prototype, but in production it could be made one big head piece to save on costs. We don't know.

And honestly... I can't think of a time where I'll want to display the Teela with the helmet head, without the headdress also... So really, for me anyway, I don't need that to be removable as long as the heads are still interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post

I really like the blonde Teela and wish that they could have done her, maybe I'm in the minority but I really do like that Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I really like the blonde Teela and wish that they could have done her, maybe I'm in the minority but I really do like that Teela.
    Me too. I think she's sexier as a blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    Me too. I think she's sexier as a blonde.
    Thirded. I was surprised that she was a redhead after I finally gotten her in 1983.

We should start our own personal movement to get the blonde Teela released.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Nah! Ive always loved that shes A Red Head, shes firey and strong, no BS. she has never been a Typical Blonde bimbo, and thats a good thing, plus if she was blonde she would look to much like He-mans sister! (or Dutch!)
    Cheers AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    We should start our own personal movement to get the blonde Teela released.
    Blonde and in her barbarian bikini!!!

Despite early comics and illustrations, I still prefer my red headed Teela.
    IMO, it's perfect for a sassy lass who achieved her high status in the royal guard by taking no crap from anyone.