Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Teela discussion: Accessories, hair color, removable armor, etc

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Despite early comics and illustrations, I still prefer my red headed Teela.
    IMO, it's perfect for a sassy lass who achieved her high status in the royal guard by taking no crap from anyone.
    Agreed. I like the fiery red head!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    Agreed. I like the fiery red head!
    The blonde Teela was just as fiery, if not more so. She was said to "fight like a demon" and definitely would not take any crap from anyone, whether Tri-klops or any of Skeletor's minions. She was a very capable fighter and barbarian warrior woman.
    Bikini Teela: Hottest version ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by Teela-Na View Post
    The blonde Teela was just as fiery, if not more so. She was said to "fight like a demon" and definitely would not take any crap from anyone, whether Tri-klops or any of Skeletor's minions. She was a very capable fighter and barbarian warrior woman.
    I'll give you that but there's just something about a redhead...

BTW, My wife is a redhead so maybe I'm a little biased

Teela-Na:

That's sort of an apples and oranges thing, though, isn't it?
    I mean, after all, you can make similar comparisons about the original Savage He-Man VS the Filmation He-Man.

I still prefer the red hair.
    I could see a blonde Teela as a variant.
    But then you'd ideally need a head sculpt with the hair hanging down for optimal impact IMO.

I'll give you that but there's just something about a redhead...

BTW, My wife is a redhead so maybe I'm a little biased
    Yes, there is definitely something about redheads. Comics are full of them, including Jean Grey, Mary Jane Watson, Red Sonja. Maybe if Teela wore her hair down like Sonja and had the barbarian bikini I might be more partial to her with red hair, otherwise I like her as a blonde as that gives her a different look.

Yes, there is definitely something about redheads. Comics are full of them, including Jean Grey, Mary Jane Watson, Red Sonja. Maybe if Teela wore her hair down like Sonja and had the barbarian bikini I might be more partial to her with red hair, otherwise I like her as a blonde as that gives her a different look.
    There's definitely more blondes than redheads. Gwen Stacy, White Queen, Black Canary, Supergirl (every incarnation except one), and a ton more.

I think Teela looks better with the red hair. From a design point of view the red stands out more from her costume, while still going well with its color. From a personal point of view, I think the red hair makes her look puurdy

Quote Originally Posted by tyr112 View Post
    There's definitely more blondes than redheads. Gwen Stacy, White Queen, Black Canary, Supergirl (every incarnation except one), and a ton more.

I think Teela looks better with the red hair. From a design point of view the red stands out more from her costume, while still going well with its color. From a personal point of view, I think the red hair makes her look puurdy
    I don't know if it stands out. The Filmation costume was kind of brownish orange wasn't it? So the red didn't stand out. Maybe with the white costume of the classic figure it stands out, but I think the blonde hair did just as much. But if she were to have her barbarian bikini then this would be a moot point as she wouldn't have a costume for her hair to stand out from!

I want to see a blond variant head for Teela for sure.
    But while I am a big Alcala minicomic kind of guy... I've always prefered the red headed Teela as well. Especially after She-Ra came out. I agree with Val in that the red hair tends to go along with her character better.

That said, again, I'd love a Blond variant! Girls dye their hair all the time! Why not do it in Eternia too?
    And yes, make it a unique sculpt, be it the more spiky tiara with longer hair, or just have her hair down all together would be much cooler than just a straight up repaint. But that would cost a pretty penny for sure.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    They always made it a point to let you know how tough she was in the mini-comics. I must have read that she fights like a demon like 3-4 times.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

What about Teela being a redhead with blond highlights?

What about Teela being a redhead with blond highlights?
    It`s gotta be either or

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Thanks for the info; I must have missed that. Seems a good solution to the situation, although I would prefer Teela with the classic bun. The head of the royal guard with a long pony tail any enemy can grab never quite worked for me, somehow.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Thanks for the info; I must have missed that. Seems a good solution to the situation, although I would prefer Teela with the classic bun. The head of the royal guard with a long pony tail any enemy can grab never quite worked for me, somehow.
    "Blonde Bombshell" Teela
    "Battle Bee-hive" Teela
    "Battle-Bun" Teela could be a chase

I'd buy those two

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    "Blonde Bombshell" Teela
    "Battle Bee-hive" Teela
    "Battle-Bun" Teela could be a chase

I'd buy those two
    Adding to the BB theme here:

"Barbarian Bikini" Teela
    "Bare Boobs" Teela (very rare chase)

Heroic Warrior
    Did she ever have the tiara WITH the blond hair? If I remember correctly (no guarantee) the hair being up with the crown thing was always the red. When she was blond it was just standard long loose hair.

So....Once we get a few POP characters it should be easy to modify the blonde Teela with whatever color hair we want

Heroic Warrior

Teela should come with Duncun's sword & pistol (ode to Filmation)

The one thing that really improved Man-At-Arms in the 200X line, in my opinion, was that they increased the size of his mace, which I always though was kinda puny, and they gave him a BIG gun in all his variants. Heck, even as crappy as Samurai M-A-A is, that bazooka thing he came with is pretty cool still and feels right for him. Now, with MOTUC M-A-A, so the size of his mace has been scaled back, but is pretty big still and he doesn't seem to come with the hand cannon or a big gun, though that would be awesome if that was the special accessory that's suppose to come with him. However, he comes with the sword and pistol that use to come with Castle Grayskull back in the day. Now, that is awesome for 3 reasons. It's the first time a character is coming with these weapons, as all the other weapons from the Grayskull rack have been recycled and used with other figures, except for that odd looking staff. Another reason is that as the man at arms, Duncun deserves more weapons in his arsenal. But the best reason is that the sword & pistol remind me of that generic sword & pistol that Duncun & Teela always used in the Filmation cartoon. Now, one can make the argument that Teela actually used those 2 weapons more often than her father. Also, I assume that sword & pistol were the standard weapons of King Randor's Royal Guards, so as Captain of the Royal Guard, Teela should be issued those same weapons as well. Maybe it takes away some of the awe factor away from Duncun by giving Teela those same weapons. But since MOTUC is going through Power Swordapalooza, where there are 9 potential figures (present & future releases) to come with Power Swords, I see no harm in give Teela the same generic weapons, like her father, to do battle with. Your thoughts...
    Last edited by grenadaspice; April 4, 2009 at 09:08am.

I'm surprised they don't just go for three whole figures with Teela.
    1. Warrior "Tee-La" with the sword, shield, spear, and this variant blonde head.
    2. Teela/goddess with white skin and snake armor and staff (maybe with an alternate Tale of Teela head with flowing blonde hair and Snake Armor together.
    3. The Goddess green variant with no gold leaves.

Not accounting for availability, that'd give everyone what they want, right?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Did she ever have the tiara WITH the blond hair? If I remember correctly (no guarantee) the hair being up with the crown thing was always the red. When she was blond it was just standard long loose hair.
    In the "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini-comic (the very first one), she had blonde hair and a tiara, albeit a different tiara than the one the toy had. She only had it for pages 7-8, though. By page 9, it's gone.

http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/...01/07-08.shtml

Teela: The REAL Blonde vs. Redhead debate

On the 8-Back, Teela's cobra staff was yellow/gold, yet both the original figure and it's 200x equivalent had red cobra staffs. So, what is everyones preference?

Personally, I would like to see a yellow/gold interpretation, if only to "spice things up." Red armor, red shield, red staff. Too much red.

I'd also love for her to come with a sword. Maybe not her 200x sword, which was a bit too She-Ra-ish, but a sword nontheless.

I don't care much about what color her weapons are, but I DO agree that she should come with a sword as well! I loved the 200X sword, but I wouldn't mind if they came up with something else to match her snake motif. Otherwise, they could choose a sword from the old comics, since she wields one a couple times.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Blonde for me. That's how she should have been, but she had red hair when she actually came out. It's like messing up Mer-Man's original face for the Stinkor face.

And she ought to come with a sword too.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Weather Oddity Raining Light's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind both.
    But I'm sure that is a monor detail to Mattel.
    I bet they stick with the red hair.
    And I doubt they would offer another figure just for the blond hair-
    Unless, it was the 1 time look of Teela in the mini comics where she looks more barbarian like.
    (Forgive me, I don't remember which mini comic it was.
    The was a pic of her dressed that way in another thread.)

I thought you were talking about har--THe tile is misleading compared to your post-lol.

As for weapons, I would prefer a solid brown.
    I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity--Edgar Allen Poe

I'm not particular on what color the weapons and accessories are, though I'm fairly certain that Mattel will stick to teh vintage line's coloring in most cases.
    I prefer that she come as a redhead first, though I would gladly pick up a blonde variation down the road, especially if she's in that wicked little bikini number!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Sorry, but I like the red haired version more than the blond. Of course the blond was beautifully drawn in the mini comics at times. But Teela's always been truly a red head. for every other incarnation other than the mini comic. At least I think she has?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

They should just do a stawberry blonde (think Dazzler from Marvel) to satisfy everyone. That way it will be red and blonde at the same time.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52