Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Teela discussion: Accessories, hair color, removable armor, etc

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd like her Snake Staff and Shield to be gold - like the cardback image. I'm hoping we get a blonde Teela down the road.

I'm mostly indifferent to weapon colors, but I'd want the red staff over the gold.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 6, 2009 at 06:16pm.

To me, Teela's a redhead. I can go along with a lighter red like in the Texeira mini-comics (Tale of Teela, etc), but to me she's not "really" a blonde.

I also dig the kind of coppery-colored snake staff from the 200x figure - that seems like a decent compromise (to me) between the gold [cardback] and red [vintage figure]. Overall, though, the weapon colors don't matter quite as much to me.

I would like to see her come with a sword though.

Heroic Warrior
    I said in a previous tread that I think it would be cool if she came with the same Castle Grayskull sword & pistol that Man-At-Arms is coming with. They remind me of the same generics weapons they both used on the Filmation toon and as Captain of the Royal Guard, she should be issued the same weapons as her father. As for if she should come with red or blond hair, I say thumbs down to the blond hair. She appeared blond a few times in the early mini-comics, but other than than, she is and always will be eternally a redhead. Imagine the uproar if they decided to make Sy-Klone caucasion-coloured instead of blue because he was never blue in the mini-comics.

MOTUC Teela

Me personally I hope she comes with.....
    • Ponytail head that takes its cues from Mark Taylor preliminary sketch Fuller hair and larger crown
    • Spear from same sketch and/or sword
    • Shield
    • Snake Armor
    • Snake staff
    • Red or brown hair [just prefer her that way]
    • I want a "Green Goddess" version

I'd like the Staff and shield to be gold
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    I said in a previous tread that I think it would be cool if she came with the same Castle Grayskull sword & pistol that Man-At-Arms is coming with. They remind me of the same generics weapons they both used on the Filmation toon and as Captain of the Royal Guard, she should be issued the same weapons as her father. As for if she should come with red or blond hair, I say thumbs down to the blond hair. She appeared blond a few times in the early mini-comics, but other than than, she is and always will be eternally a redhead. Imagine the uproar if they decided to make Sy-Klone caucasion-coloured instead of blue because he was never blue in the mini-comics.
    Teela did become a blonde again in New Adventures or He-Man. But I'd be happy with red/auburn hair, as well as it styled similar to the 200X Teela hair. I love longer hair that is not in a bun of some sort, yuck.

We don't need two figures, just a green skinned variant.

I bet from the protos we all saw, that the armor will be removable. Teela is actually the Goddess without the armor, a different head (which should come with the figure) and a spear (which I doubt we get, but we'll have Hawkgirl's) instead of the snake staff. It was originally designed that way by Taylor.

Now, since they are both so similar, I think the green Goddess is a must to add variety to the line, and I think it was the color Taylor had in mind for her (as we see in the earlier minicomics).

That Goddess should have never ceased to be green to begin with, much less become a falcon!

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    Teela did become a blonde again in New Adventures or He-Man. But I'd be happy with red/auburn hair, as well as it styled similar to the 200X Teela hair. I love longer hair that is not in a bun of some sort, yuck.
    That's a good point; maybe we can get a blonde NA Teela at some point. With interchangeable heads, you could easily swap it on to the original fig and have the minicomics Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    That's a good point; maybe we can get a blonde NA Teela at some point.
    But that's the NA cartoon, so isn't that still off limits?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    But that's the NA cartoon, so isn't that still off limits?
    It doesn't have to be based on the NA cartoon design though.

Just a blonde Teela with a costume that fits in with the rest of the NA figures would be good enough for me.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Teela's variant head

We know for definate there will be a second head coming with the figure, but as yet I haven't heard what it will be exactly (forgive me if it's been covered and I've missed it!).

At first I thought it might be a head with her cobra armor attached, but then decided this is unlikely, as it will probably just slip over her head and body as with the othe figures.

I hoping it'll be the traditional red hair 'worn up' under her hair band, and the second being the original mini-comic appearance of blonde hair in a ponytail.
    Now that would be cool.

Either way, Tee-La (to use her early mini-comic spelling) is a figure that I'm really looking forward to.

Anyone got any solid info?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    We know for definate there will be a second head coming with the figure, but as yet I haven't heard what it will be exactly (forgive me if it's been covered and I've missed it!).

At first I thought it might be a head with her cobra armor attached, but then decided this is unlikely, as it will probably just slip over her head and body as with the othe figures.

I hoping it'll be the traditional red hair 'worn up' under her hair band, and the second being the original mini-comic appearance of blonde hair in a ponytail.
    Now that would be cool.

Either way, Tee-La (to use her early mini-comic spelling) is a figure that I'm really looking forward to.

Anyone got any solid info?
    In early artwork, Teela wore a red helmet over the Cobra armor. Due to the limitations of the eighties, they had to have the top of her hair look like part of the armor when it was worn, which might be the reason why they changed her hair from blonde to red.

Now with today's head swapping technology the top of the Cobra armor doesn't have to fit onto the ponytail.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I want the blonde Teela (see my signature) but I don't think that's what's going to happen, I think I read which heads were going to be included but I can't remember for the life of me which they are, not the blonde one though.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I think its pretty obvious that one is going to be Teela with her hair tied up and another is going to be with her pony tail from the 200x line. I doubt they would make Teela blonde or any other version.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Teela was originally blonde, just as MAA originally had black fur, or Tri-Klops had a green eye. MOTUC seems to be using the original looks of the characters. I'd expect Ram Man to be orange and red, while Man-E-Faces will lose that orange tan of his.

I'd think that Mattel is going to go for those nostalgia dollars by repainting the characters to their mass market colors. If MOTUC Teela was a different color than some fan expected, how many people who swore off repaints would purchase the right colored haired variant that is sure to come later on? Or a red and green Ram Man or an orange MEF?

We've seen one head, it's the armored head on the prototype from NYCC. The other head is sure to be the unarmored hair up head.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    D'oh, sorry admin, I didn't realise this thread already existed.

Anyway, I too am glad that they are going back to the original box art designs - I'm really holding out for a blonde second head.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I'd like to see an adition to Teela's look... Something that's missing from the NYCC Prototype, namely FUR TRIM! Around the shoulders, to be precise. That's something that can be seen in the original Mark Taylor design-sketch, and something that helps to set her apart from the Goddess/Sorceress.

Except for the fact that the Goddess doesn't have the leaf/feather-motif on her belt either.

Blonde Teela!

Wondering why they didn't include a minicomics "hair down" BLONDE Teela?

Well, you know their heads are interchangeable...

Maybe someone else already did this while I was on vacation, but as soon as I saw Adora, this popped in my mind...

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

If i had seen that before I saw Adora I would have though it looks pretty awsome, but since seeing Adora now it looks like Adora is sneaking around in Teela`s closet

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Wondering why they didn't include a minicomics "hair down" BLONDE Teela?

Well, you know their heads are interchangeable...

Maybe someone else already did this while I was on vacation, but as soon as I saw Adora, this popped in my mind...

Whoa! That's cool! Can't wait to see the real thing! And I mean by switching Teela's head for Adora's.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

It looks cool from a distance, but it's still Adora's face. (And by that I mean, "Adora's face as if she stepped right out of the television").

As for the original Teela, she was discussed in the other thread last night, for anyone who missed it--
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77
    I just noticed the bio pic is BLONDE TEELA! Straight from the pages of the 1st minicomic.
    Word. I asked Matty about Blonde Teela in MOTUC while he was answering questions on Saturday...and got a response!

Matty, if I could pick your brain for a minute....if Teela was originally a blonde, why isn't she that way in MOTUC? Is there a bonus figure coming or special head in an accessory pack representing this original look?
    Mattycollector.com
    This would be a great way to refresh Teela again down the road, but no plans in the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Whoa! That's cool! Can't wait to see the real thing! And I mean by switching Teela's head for Adora's.
    Not sure if it'll work in real life on the figs... I'm hoping it does.
    But Teela's collar may get in the way of Adora's hair.

Though I'm sure someone will buy two Adora's so they can customize her hair some and get it to fit?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

That's so hot! Now I'll have to buy TWO Adora's just to attempt this!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Not sure if it'll work in real life on the figs... I'm hoping it does.
    But Teela's collar may get in the way of Adora's hair.

Though I'm sure someone will buy two Adora's so they can customize her hair some and get it to fit?
    Doesn`t Adora`s vest thing have a similar collar? maybe it will work
    Last edited by adam03; August 5, 2009 at 04:22pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash77 View Post
    It looks cool from a distance, but it's still Adora's face. (And by that I mean, "Adora's face as if she stepped right out of the television").
    Just change-up the color of the face paint.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."