• Start at wave 1 and continue the numbering without any year references

25 75.76%
  • Call them by the year of their actual release and number them 1 and 2

1 3.03%
  • I don't care

7 21.21%

Thread: The naming of the waves

The naming of the waves

Here's a thought! With everybody calling the different waves by numbers or by years, how about we put it to a vote and tell Super 7 how we feel about the naming of the waves. This may help stop any confusion - especially since Toyfair is around the corner and wave 3 or 2018 wave 2 or whatever you want to call it is about to be revealed. Which may or may not create further confusion if wave 1 had not been shipped by then. (or received by most international fans).
    Perhaps the most confusing part is naming them wave 1 2018 and wave 2 2018 because of when they're actually released. So here are the options for you to choose from:
    Love the new Filmation figures by S7. Fingers crossed they announce ThunderCats at SDCC.

All the different naming of the latest wave has been frustrating to me too. I think just incrementing the wave number and leaving out the year is the best course since the years are not really matching up well with the intended realease.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    So would it be a CC Wave 1 and a CG Wave 1? Or is it CC and CG Wave 1? The first assumes 4 figures to a Wave of each subscription. The second assumes 8 total figures available during the subscription window. If that makes sense? I guess I’m for saying each sub-line as its own waves since that’s how they’re marketed.

So:
    Super7 CC
    Wave 1
    01 Lodar
    02 Hawke/Delora
    03 Fang-Or
    04 Quakke

Wave 2
    01 Karg
    02 Dylamug
    03 Wrap Trap
    04 Granita

Super7 CG
    Wave 1
    01 Hordak
    02 MAA
    03 Teela
    04 Tri-Klops

Wave 2
    01 Man-E-Faces
    02 Mer-Man
    03 Tung Lashor
    04 Sorceress

NOT

MOTUC Super7 Wave 1
    01 Lodar
    02 Hawke/Delora
    03 Fang Or
    04 Quakke
    05 Hordak
    06 MAA
    07 Teela
    08 Tri-Klops...

The problem with doing a sequential wave numbering at this point as it leaves us without numbers for the previous waves from Mattel and also puts a separation between Super7 and Mattel, when it's supposed to be one line.

That's why I've been doing both lately. Something like
    2018 Wave 1 (Super7 Wave 2).

But typically a wave designation pertains to when it comes out. So, the delays do gunk up the previous 2017 assortment designation.

It's a tough call. How do we keep it consistent with everything that exists so there is no confusion over time, versus the immediate desire to have a consistent naming for the here and now?
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Master of Academia Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    So would it be a CC Wave 1 and a CG Wave 1? Or is it CC and CG Wave 1? The first assumes 4 figures to a Wave of each subscription. The second assumes 8 total figures available during the subscription window. If that makes sense? I guess I’m for saying each sub-line as its own waves since that’s how they’re marketed.

So:
    Super7 CC
    Wave 1
    01 Lodar
    02 Hawke/Delora
    03 Fang-Or
    04 Quakke

Wave 2
    01 Karg
    02 Dylamug
    03 Wrap Trap
    04 Granita

Super7 CG
    Wave 1
    01 Hordak
    02 MAA
    03 Teela
    04 Tri-Klops

Wave 2
    01 Man-E-Faces
    02 Mer-Man
    03 Tung Lashor
    04 Sorceress

NOT

MOTUC Super7 Wave 1
    01 Lodar
    02 Hawke/Delora
    03 Fang Or
    04 Quakke
    05 Hordak
    06 MAA
    07 Teela
    08 Tri-Klops...
    This is the scheme I favor / the one I already use to keep things straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

So:
    Super7 CC
    Wave 1
    01 Lodar
    02 Hawke/Delora
    03 Fang-Or
    04 Quakke

Wave 2
    01 Karg
    02 Dylamug
    03 Wrap Trap
    04 Granita

Super7 CG
    Wave 1
    01 Hordak
    02 MAA
    03 Teela
    04 Tri-Klops

Wave 2
    01 Man-E-Faces
    02 Mer-Man
    03 Tung Lashor
    04 Sorceress
    Yes, this is the best way, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The problem with doing a sequential wave numbering at this point as it leaves us without numbers for the previous waves from Mattel and also puts a separation between Super7 and Mattel, when it's supposed to be one line.

That's why I've been doing both lately. Something like
    2018 Wave 1 (Super7 Wave 2).

But typically a wave designation pertains to when it comes out. So, the delays do gunk up the previous 2017 assortment designation.

It's a tough call. How do we keep it consistent with everything that exists so there is no confusion over time, versus the immediate desire to have a consistent naming for the here and now?
    A valid comment there Val! Haven't thought about its connection to the previous "waves" by Mattel. I think things might get even more confusing when they start splitting the CC and CG waves. I think though for buying purposes that there should be some way to name them to avoid confusion - especially if "wave 3" is announced at Toyfair and nobody received any items. I've seen folk get confused very quickly on platforms like Facebook. The moment S7 uploaded pictures of "wave 2" there were questions about "wave 1" and what happened to those figures. Also some confused "wave 2" with "wave 1" saying they never ordered Sorceress but Teela. LOL. Confused yet?!
    Love the new Filmation figures by S7. Fingers crossed they announce ThunderCats at SDCC.

"Start at wave 1 and continue the numbering without any year references"
    + 1 because then any delays into the next year don't compromise the naming.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar

So:
    Super7 CC
    Wave 1
    01 Lodar
    02 Hawke/Delora
    03 Fang-Or
    04 Quakke

Wave 2
    01 Karg
    02 Dylamug
    03 Wrap Trap
    04 Granita

Super7 CG
    Wave 1
    01 Hordak
    02 MAA
    03 Teela
    04 Tri-Klops

Wave 2
    01 Man-E-Faces
    02 Mer-Man
    03 Tung Lashor
    04 Sorceress
    You are absolutely right to post this poll buddy !

This way. And then wave 3 of each will be revealed in February and wave 4 in July
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

So:
    Super7 CC
    Wave 1
    01 Lodar
    02 Hawke/Delora
    03 Fang-Or
    04 Quakke

Wave 2
    01 Karg
    02 Dylamug
    03 Wrap Trap
    04 Granita

Super7 CG
    Wave 1
    01 Hordak
    02 MAA
    03 Teela
    04 Tri-Klops

Wave 2
    01 Man-E-Faces
    02 Mer-Man
    03 Tung Lashor
    04 Sorceress
    This makes sense to me.

And I just figured that this is how most fans have designated them...
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

What Wave are the six Super7 PowerCon figures part of? Wave 1?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    What Wave are the six Super7 PowerCon figures part of? Wave 1?
    I just call them Power-Con 2017. Not a part of any wave. My guess is that once the Super7 figures actually get released (the wave of four figures for both CC and CG they sell on their site) the years will make more sense with the year they’re released. But right now with the delays, the years are just confusing.

yes, this. Nice poll idea. Great really.

I think this is neccessary, whatever the final choice is.

Personally I'd love it just to be "Wave 1, Wave 2, Wave 3" etc Having to reference the year would be tiresome. Especially with loopholes and easy areas to add to confusion like when they were supposed to represent versus when they were actually in hand (I'm looking at you Wave 1) so just avoid it entirely.

I'm already just calling them "Wave 1 and Wave 2" in my head. Hopefully that will be concrete.

- - - Updated - - -

So:
    Super7 CC
    Wave 1
    01 Lodar
    02 Hawke/Delora
    03 Fang-Or
    04 Quakke

Wave 2
    01 Karg
    02 Dylamug
    03 Wrap Trap
    04 Granita

Super7 CG
    Wave 1
    01 Hordak
    02 MAA
    03 Teela
    04 Tri-Klops

Wave 2
    01 Man-E-Faces
    02 Mer-Man
    03 Tung Lashor
    04 Sorceress
    to echo everyone else, yes this absolutely.

As to confusion, I dont think so. The Mattel stuff was all by year and month. Super 7 is doing Waves. No problem. I absolutely accept the Super 7 Waves as part of the Classics line, a continuation, but I think of them already as "Super 7 Waves" versus "the original Mattel line"
    Last edited by baronterror; January 2, 2018 at 02:02pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm not convinced this is a problem; if anything I actually consider the handover from Mattel to Super7 as worthy of celebration. The figures still sit well together, but I see Super7's involvement as the beginning of a new era.

The naming of the waves is useful and practical in the sense that we know what's coming and when. Okay, maybe not precisely when, but I think that'll be ironed out this year.

In the life of the line we've had various names to identify batches of figures (the various mini subs). I'm happy with sequential numbering. For me the most important distinction is the one that's been discussed a lot already: Filmation and The Rest.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I like the way Super7 is doing it. Super7 Wave 1 will be shipped soon (I hope ), Super7 Wave 2 preorders are still open and Super7 Wave 3 will be revealed at ToyFair.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast