View Poll Results: Do you keep the boxes?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 60.78%
  • No

20 39.22%

Thread: Do you keep the boxes?

Do you keep the boxes?

So I have a dilemma, i am out of room in my apartment. I have all of the boxes to the MOTUC vehicles and Castle Grayskull. They take up a lot of space. I don't think you could ever put any of the vehicles or CG back in their boxes. So... should i keep them or get rid of them? I really really need the space.

I feel your pain... i have an insane collection of mailer boxes

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Those specific boxes I did keep and actually have them on display in one of my toy rooms but then again I'm lucky enough to have enough space to have multiple toy rooms so obviously not everyone will have that luxury. The boxes are nice to have but at the end of the day if it comes down to where keeping them and storing them is taking away from your living comfort I'd say that it's probably a good time to let them go. Better to get rid of things that are detracting from your comfort and happiness rather than hold on to some boxes that really serve no practical purpose.

However, before tossing them you might consider rather or not it's possible to put them to more practical use first. For instance most people have some "shoe boxes" shoved in their closets or under their beds where they keep old documents, receipts, past taxes, old mementos, old Christmas/birthday cards from your grandma, old family photos etc. Instead of tossing that Rotton or Talon Fighter box in the trash maybe you could store those important records and sentimental mementos in those more colorful MOTU boxes and toss out that old plain "shoe boxes" you currently use to store those items in instead. One of the things I personally will use those MOTU boxes for is as a place to store all those extra weapons, heads, and accessories that came with the figures.

With the Castle Grayskull box it may not be as easily put to practical use due to it's impractically large size but maybe it would make a good box to store extra closet linens and bedding in or maybe it could store one of the larger items in your closet like your luggage or your seasonal Christmas decorations. That way the box is actually storing items for you rather than being yet another item you need to store. In my case I have two Classics Castle Grayskulls so the first box I have on display next to one of the castles and the other is empty and folded up flat (another space saving option) and stored in one of the closets. I also use the Castle box on display to store other boxes I want to keep but have no desire to display (like boxes/styrofoam for some of my statues or the Hot Toy boxes).
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Stridor/Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Mantisaur/Moondancer

I keep any boxes with artwork on them, flattened down and stashed behind my shelves, out of sight. Cardbacks are all stored in a big box. Otherwise, I recycle the packaging.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    This was a weird one for me. I said yes, but the answer is actually yes and no. I keep my Club Grayskull boxes, but I have not kept my Classics boxes. Though for some I have kept the back of the package if it included a bio.

Yep... I keep all of the cardbacks in large 3-ring binders (I actually hole-punch them and keep them in order of release...) for all of my "openers." But, I recycle the mailers.

I keep everything for my MOC set. (Yes, it takes up a lot of room... )

Vehicles and CG? Just like Uki, I remove the insides and collapse the boxes to be stored flat.
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Do you guys keep the inside cardboard parts too?

I voted incorrectly. I did not read your op.

I have kept the Grayskull and vehicle boxes.

I did keep all the packaging for years, then threw out the clamshell while keeping the cardbacks & stuff in a binder.

So yeah, they take up alot of space but currently I worked them into the display and it was tops. I moved recently and have yet got the room I am going to use free so I can re-set up my collection but I am thinking I shall not be able to utilize the packaging in the display itself, however I have much more storage now.

Side note when I moved I was able to re-pack all the vehicles and the castle into their boxes and it helped moving alot. I had to unscrew some stuff on the castle but the rest of the stuff (vehicles etc) went back well enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Vehicles and CG? Just like Uki, I remove the insides and collapse the boxes to be stored flat.
    I feel like I'm going to have to flatten them eventually...but as yet I have been able not to.

I only keep the ones with neat box art. All others recycled.

Heroic Warrior
    Got them all in big boxes in the attic.

Yep I keep all my boxes cause they are store all over my apt in their box.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Nope. Boxes are packaging, not product. I keep the product.