View Poll Results: Should a Lieutenant Andra figure me made for the new line?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! The Masters line needs more women!

93 46.73%
  • No Way!

106 53.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you wanna see Lt. Andra in the new line?

Should Lt. Andra get a figure???

Would you like for Lt. Andra to get a figure in Classics?
    Last edited by danielsan52; January 31, 2013 at 10:49pm.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Who? You gotta post a pic or reference for an obscure character hardly anyone's heard of..
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't understand the need to have a poll dedicated to such an inconsequential character.

A big fan of Slush Head
    To be honest I have no idea who she is?
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    No more obscure than that General Sunder guy that I've never heard of until a few months ago, and I still don't really know who he is.

Lt. Andra is a fresh new Lt. of the Palace Guard, she was basically replacing Teela as Prince Adam's bodyguard, so that Teela could focus more on her duties as Captain of said Guard.

She is a character from the legendary Star Comics.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Oh interesting! Thanks for the info Predabot!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

She looks like the Mara prototype figure from NA that you could see on the org at one point a few years back...

Why not just use Adora in that role?
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Uh..? That doesn't strike me as something that makes sense... Seeing as Adora's main position is on another Planet... called Etheria.

And why would Adora be a Lt. in the Palace Guard? Seeing as she's the Princess.

It seems like the fandom is somewhat torn on this issue, sad really, things were going so well in this poll.

Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

And never heard of General Sunder?

I think the cartoon is more cannon than the comics.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I want her about as much as I want Songster That said, If Mattel made her Yes i would buy her
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Uh..? That doesn't strike me as something that makes sense... Seeing as Adora's main position is on another Planet... called Etheria.

And why would Adora be a Lt. in the Palace Guard? Seeing as she's the Princess.

It seems like the fandom is somewhat torn on this issue, sad really, things were going so well in this poll.
    My point is that the character doesn't make a alot of sense or add anything new to the series. Adam's bodyguard? That's Teela's job. Blonde chick fighting the Horde? That's Adora's job. Why do we need Andra?

Second, she has a boring design. I can overlook uselessness if a character is striking (I like the Sorceress, after all, and all she does is sit in her castle and call He-Man when she needs anything done )

Third, does she have any powers to compensate for lack of purpose or design? Because based on that panel, it doesn't look like it.

Basically, what I'm getting down to is, if she was made into a toy, why should I consider buying her, and what does she offer to the franchise to justify a spot?
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Well, not every masters-character have powers, and as far as I know Andra does not.

Well, I think the character makes sense, as it gives room for Teela to develop into more than Adams bodyguard. And the design? Well, several of the artists on this board has shown that the design can look great when tweaked with a new vision.

I think she'd look great in the new toyline.

Since I still don't like the idea of Teela getting into Adam's furry pants, I'll take any new female (or even male) character that may be a potential love interest.

Nope, they need to worry about other characters first.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yeh, why not? we need more females and if Mattel are going to go with really obscure characters to spice up the line say 10-12 waves down, then I'm all for her getting a figure.

Of Course!!

I think it would be great if Lt. Andra could be in new movie. More powerful women with Teela, Sorceress, Evil-Lyn & Queen Marlena!!!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I would like to see Lt. Andra . . . become a casualty! If it is necessary to the plot for a character to die, let it be an superfluous character like Lt. Andra.

She's wearing a somewhat skimpy outfit, she's a bodyguard, and she's armed with a laser pistol and a sword... I like her!: hmgrin:

Seriously, I'd buy her. I'm always about secondary characters.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

I'll take her as a Mara repaint...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    She's wearing a somewhat skimpy outfit, she's a bodyguard, and she's armed with a laser pistol and a sword... I like her!: hmgrin:

Seriously, I'd buy her. I'm always about secondary characters.
    But Andra isn;t a secondary character. She's not even a tertiary character. She's like on the same level as Goatman, except that Goatman actually looks cool and would be a great toy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    But Andra isn;t a secondary character. She's not even a tertiary character. She's like on the same level as Goatman, except that Goatman actually looks cool and would be a great toy!
    I see what you're saying, but I have a kind of STAR WARS mentallity to this whole thing. I'd like to see as many characters made as possible. I only buy the ones I want, and there's always somebody else out there who wants the characters that I'm not interested in, and vise versa.

But I do have to admit that I only bought a few issues of the STAR COMICS HE-MAN, and I hated them. They seemed too 'kiddy' for me. I'm not saying I'm an intellectual giant, but I found no entertainment in them whatsoever.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I see what you're saying, but I have a kind of STAR WARS mentallity to this whole thing. I'd like to see as many characters made as possible. I only buy the ones I want, and there's always somebody else out there who wants the characters that I'm not interested in, and vise versa.

This is exactly my reasoning for creating this poll. I think if the new line is to succeed, It need some fresh different characters(i.e. Star Wars). I really don't want to buy the same exact characters all over again that I did in 2002. I mean, I probably will, but new figures based on characters in the whole MOTU universe would be more exciting.

I'd totally buy a Cosmic Enforcers wave, a Goat Man, Strobo, etc.

It's a real shame we cant get a Lord Masque or Shikoti.
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Damn... the poll was going exactly the way it should, until recently. The lead is getting eaten up..!

Maybe people would be more appreciative of Andra if she had a more defining sort of potential action-feature? Like, perhaps sounds and lights from a radio back-pack, for a rifle and head-set?

Just throwing that out there.