Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should MOTU Classics have a Zodac (1980s) and Zodak (200X) Figures?

Heroic Warrior

Should MOTU Classics have a Zodac (1980s) and Zodak (200X) Figures?

Do you think Mattel should release 2 separate figures of Zodac (80s version) and Zodak (200X version) with their own set of accessories, or would you prefer 1 Zodac(k) figure with a different variant? I think there should be 2 figures. That way, it allows both Zodac(k)s to be separate entities, which I prefer. If anything, since classic Zodac was originally an evil warrior (before Filmation flipped the script), we can get 80s Zodac for Skeletor's team and 200X Zodak for He-Man's crew. Now, to be honest, I do prefer the 200X version over the 80s version, so maybe this is my way of getting the newer version instead of seeing the figure being converted back to it's classic self. What's your opinion on Zodac(k). And, if only one version was to be redone for the MOTU Classics line, which one would you want?
    Last edited by grenadaspice; May 3, 2008 at 02:24pm.

I'm with you on both being done. I see them as seperate characters. Both cosmic enforcers.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

I'd be cool with that. Especially if the FILMATION one came with a laser pistol.

Actually, I'm not against any character being made in this line. I'm not a Completist, so if MATTEL makes something I don't care for, I can simply opt not to buy it. Besides, somebody else out there will want it, and I think we should all be happy!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Classic version 1st. Lighter in skin-tone, with the Space-Gun, monster boots, (I would LOVE the white ones he had on the card art)...
    Then if everything pans out for success, which I hope it shall, I'd love to see the 200X version down the line...
    Last edited by JafariStew; May 4, 2008 at 11:12pm.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

i prefer the classic one with white skin and grey shorts. make the 200x a chase

Yeah, two versions please. That way everybody will get Zodac/Zodak the way they want.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Sure, I say both should be released. I see them as both the same and different character(s) at the same time.

Sort of like Earth-1 and Earth-2 Superman, wherein E-2 Supes is named Kal-L instead of Kal-El, alternate Universes.

I would rather like it also if Zodac finally came with the chair too! So, I see them not only differing in the skin-colour and possibly head-sculpt, but also in accessories, as such:

Zodac - Golden rounded chair, laser-gun, white skin

Zodak - White angular chair, staff, dark skin

I think Zodak could be a variant later down the line, or maybe an exclusive? I think Zodak was probably my favourite character in 200x btw.

classic EVIL Zodac

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'd like to see both.

Maybe if Mattel follows their DCUC case ratios with a C&C figure, there could be a Zodac & Zodak released 1:1 with the same C&C part just like Superman Red & Superman Blue...or maybe not.

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    I'd like 200X more, but I wouldn't be opposed to classic coming out first.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I like both but it has to be CLASSIC ZODAC!

Laser gun, clawed feet, light skin - just like the cardback. I wouldn't mind if they did a classic styled Zodak later on though.

I'd be for 80s Zodac as regular figure and 200x Zodak as chase variant.

I'd like to see both made. It fits with my idea of the Cosmic Enforcers serving as the Green Lantern Corps of MOTU universe.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    I'm down with the Classic Zodac and the 200X being the chase. Or maybe an exclusive to someplace. At least then it'd be easier to get.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

200x zodac all the way........ I forget to mention he's my favorite character in myp cartoon
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Heroic Warrior
    Only one Zodac. The Classic!

Maybee with 2 Wappons.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes View Post
    I'm down with the Classic Zodac and the 200X being the chase. Or maybe an exclusive to someplace.
    Again, I'm probably in the minority on this, but I would prefer a line with no chase figswhatsoever. I would love to think that MATTEL will just do both FILMATION versions and 2002 versions of nearly every character, and everything will be packed evenly, and easy to get.

It seriously needs to be a Scalper-Proof line.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Again, I'm probably in the minority on this, but I would prefer a line with no chase figswhatsoever. I would love to think that MATTEL will just do both FILMATION versions and 2002 versions of nearly every character, and everything will be packed evenly, and easy to get.

It seriously needs to be a Scalper-Proof line.
    I'm with you 100%! This line needs no chase figures and I really dislike con exclusives also. It makes it INSANELY difficult to obtain the entire line if you're a completist...not to mention expensive. Scalpers need to stay out of this line. I hated how much I had to resort to Ebay to get all of the 200x relaunch. I'd hate to have to do that again.

However, with that said, I would like to see something comparable to the 200x Zodak over the 1980s Zodac. I just think the 4HM did a magnificent job re-imagining the character. I had said in the Teela/Green Goddess thread that I thought a variant of Teela as the Green Goddess would be a good idea further down the line. However, having two versions of the same character is a different story. Teela and The Green Goddess are two separate characters in my mind. I say they should stick with the 200x redesign.

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Classic Zodac with 200x as the Variant.

Id like the original only. The new zodak was terrible.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Certainly not opposed to two Zodac/Zodak figures, but please- I consider the original Zodac a priority and any variations thereof (2002's Zodak, or the original 4H alien design, or whatever else) to come later either as exclusives, chases, mail-aways, build-a-figs, or whatnot.

I'd take both.

But if I had to nail it down to one?

ZODAC, Evil Cosmic Enforcer!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Widget
    This thread is kind've annoying me. Everyone has stated their opinion on which one they like, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think one person has listed WHY they like one over the other.

I personally like the new one better.

He was far more powerful, which lends itself to his identity as a cosmic enforcer. His arrogance was a bit much, but it made him an interesting character at least. I also liked the martial arts, but I guess that could go for anyone in the new series.

Overall, the new Zodak was just far more slim and warrior like, and that appeals to me more in an enforcer type.

Mathius

Heroic Warrior
    Just classic Zodac. The 200X "Zodak" is, was, and always will be a mistake.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd vote for both, 1 being a chase variant of the other. Same mold but different colour...
    "That should hold them for a while!"

eaglehost@hotmail.co.uk