Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • O

145 83.82%
  • Amulet

28 16.18%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Orko: O Or No O???

Orko: O Or No O??? (FOR ORKO FANS ONLY PLEASE)

When we get an Orko figure, do you want his Filmation style O, or the MYP amulet?

Personally, I want the O!

1) I love Filmation's Orko(and that's the only Orko I love) !!!

2) The O looks like a DC Universe-style iconic symbol(Superman's S, Batman's BAT, or Flash's LIGHTNING) .

3) The amulet makes Orko look like an old wizard as opposed to the young magician he is.

Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 4, 2009 at 06:29pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I want Orko with an OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and his wond!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Oh, it's gotta be the O! I want the vintage look that I grew up with ,and that means the O is back!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

he's orko. he has to have an "O"

I'm pleased so far! I though for sure I'd be in the minority.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    OOOOOO

Orko needs his "O", or he's not Orko!

I'd like to have his medallion as well, but only as an accessory. I really don't want it used in place of the "O". That would be very disappointing to say the least.

I'd like the orginal from filmation myself.

With original "O", of course!

- Joni -

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Orko needs his "O", or he's not Orko!
    I agree completely. It's not Orko unless he has the O on his shirt.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

He has to have the "O", or he would not be Orko the great

I know we'll get Orko, but I'm starting to think we'll probably get the O shirt. It seems that, except for a few MYP-styled easters eggs in the form of weapons or contributions to a character's origin, Mattel is giving us the "Classic" look for the characters. While not a complete failure, the 2002 line definitely wasn't as successful as Mattel would have wanted. It makes me happy that Mattel seems to be run by people who have a great deal of love for their franchises(at least they do with the MOTU) and also try to please their fans. Why else would they attempt to please He-Man fans with a "return to greatness"(imho) so soon after the previous line's premature death? With G.I. Joe being my second favorite toy franchise(a distant second I might add), that's a lot more than I can say for Hasbro where they seem to only care about making a buck usually in opposition to what the majority of their fans want.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I voted for the amulet. It seems more mature and it fits in better with the 8-back barbarian look they've got going on now...
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior
    1: I am no fan of Orko, and think the character is worthless.

2: I know others are, and want him.

3: Being a 200X fan, I voted for the Amulet, because I like that look best, despite liking the character least. Plus, it doesn't look like a stupid T-Shirt, it looks like a Fantasy character, in robes. So it's slightly less ridiculous.

Orko with O absolutely for me!

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    How about BOTH? Like people said earlier, include the medallion as an accessory. If not possible, then just the O, please.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    Plus, it doesn't look like a stupid T-Shirt, it looks like a Fantasy character, in robes. So it's slightly less ridiculous.
    So, Orko looks ridiculous? I guess he took a fashion cue from the ultra ridiculous Superman. Orko comes from Trolla where most Trollans look alike and they all dress extremely similar. He is the greatest sorcerer on his planet and deserves something to stand out from the rest. Trollans are like Jawas, if Orko didn't have the "O", how else would he be recognized as someone of great importance and talent. I think like Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and all the rest, he has earned the right to wear his own symbol on his chest.

Heroic Warrior
    So, Orko looks ridiculous? I guess he took a fashion cue from the ultra ridiculous Superman. Orko comes from Trolla where most Trollans look alike and they all dress extremely similar. He is the greatest sorcerer on his planet and deserves something to stand out from the rest. Trollans are like Jawas, if Orko didn't have the "O", how else would he be recognized as someone of great importance and talent. I think like Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and all the rest, he has earned the right to wear his own symbol on his chest.
    it's not a symbol, there's nothing striking or unique about it, it's just the letter "O". The Superman Comparison is not applicable.

it's ridiculous, IMO. It's just a stupid T-Shirt, and it serves no purpose other than to pull me out of the world and disassociate me from it. T-Shirts belong in the real world. I watch/read/enjoy Fantasy to divorce myself from the Real World.

If it's a symbol, and it's NOT a T-Shirt, then explain Yuckers to me in a way that is consistent with typical Fantasy Archetypes.

Simply put, it's a ridiculous looking character, in my opinion, and the T-Shirt is unnecessary. Of course, in this case, I'm preaching against the indoctrinated, and I carry the minority opinion, but nothing will ever change my opinion that it's probably the dumbest character design in the history of Cartoons (and that's saying something considering that he's up against Snarf and Scrappy Doo). Of course, it's all my opinion, so it's all right.

The 80's orko was designed by Filmation and it shows. The Horsemen design gave him a more serious look that fits in a world like Eternia. Too bad MYP gave him the childlike character again.
    Last edited by Neo; May 15, 2010 at 01:12pm.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    1: I am no fan of Orko, and think the character is worthless.

2: I know others are, and want him.

3: Being a 200X fan, I voted for the Amulet, because I like that look best, despite liking the character least. Plus, it doesn't look like a stupid T-Shirt, it looks like a Fantasy character, in robes. So it's slightly less ridiculous.
    My feelings are very similar, I dont HATE Orko, but I hated the 'Filmation' characterisation. But ive always hated the O, I was so impressed by the Medalian in 200X. It was a great way of not being childish in the design.
    Plus I like the depiction of him as slightly older, more wizened.

He is one of the figures I dont want, so Im hoping he will be a 'Bonus' pack in, and I can just throw him in my 'Thanks but No thanks' drawer with the 200X sword, the moustache head MAA, and the stinkor Mer man head!.
    Im gratefull that Mattel are giving us options and bonuses, its fantastic to have choice.

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    the 80's orko was designed by filmation and it showes. The horsemen design gave him a more serious look that fits in a world like eternia. Too bad myp gave him the childlike character again.
    perfect answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; July 5, 2009 at 07:05am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

When I think of Orko, I see him with a big "O" on his chest.

Actually, I would be very surprised if the MOTUC verison doesnt have the "O." That is not to say he shouldn't or wouldn't also come with the amulet as an accessory...but his robe, definitely has to sport the big "O."

it's not a symbol, there's nothing striking or unique about it, it's just the letter "O". The Superman Comparison is not applicable.
    It is a symbol, that's not up for debate. Also, the Superman comparison is 100% applicable. There's nothing striking or unique about Superman's "S" either. It only becomes special because of the greatness of the one who wears it.

it's ridiculous, IMO. It's just a stupid T-Shirt, and it serves no purpose other than to pull me out of the world and disassociate me from it. T-Shirts belong in the real world. I watch/read/enjoy Fantasy to divorce myself from the Real World.
    Obviously, you're entitled to your own opinion. I Know one thing though, I've never seen a T-shirt that hid some one's legs from view. It's obviously a robe, not a t-shirt.

If it's a symbol, and it's NOT a T-Shirt, then explain Yuckers to me in a way that is consistent with typical Fantasy Archetypes.
    That one's quite simple. Ever think that maybe Yuckers looks up to Orko the Great? Seems quite plausible to me that Yuckers would idolize the greatest sorcerer from his planet. Just like the many Robins, Nightwing (even though he's one of the Robins) and Batgirl, Yuckers took some inspiration from one of his heroes.

Simply put, it's a ridiculous looking character, in my opinion, and the T-Shirt is unnecessary. Of course, in this case, I'm preaching against the indoctrinated, and I carry the minority opinion, but nothing will ever change my opinion that it's probably the dumbest character design in the history of Cartoons (and that's saying something considering that he's up against Snarf and Scrappy Doo). Of course, it's all my opinion, so it's all right.
    Once again, you're totally entitled to your opinion. But that's pretty harsh, worse than Snarf or Scrappy Doo? I bet you'd change your opinion if you saw Scrappy on Eternia!!
    Last edited by dedset13; July 5, 2009 at 11:45am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    The 80's orko was designed by Filmation and it showes. The Horsemen design gave him a more serious look that fits in a world like Eternia. Too bad MYP gave him the childlike character again.
    Childlike character? He sounded like a ******.

As goofy as the original voice was for Orko, it worked for me. I was so happy that Orko made the cut for the 2002 show(amulet and all), but the voice ruined him for me.

I don't get these complaints that Orko's O was childish. Not only was he supposed to be a child(or at least young and inexperienced), he was the gateway character for kids in a world where everyone has the muscles of Lou Ferrigno.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Crusher View Post
    When I think of Orko, I see him with a big "O" on his chest.

Actually, I would be very surprised if the MOTUC verison doesnt have the "O." That is not to say he shouldn't or wouldn't also come with the amulet as an accessory...but his robe, definitely has to sport the big "O."

That's another thing. No robe with gold trim please. My Orko's not that fancy.

Once again, you're totally entitled to your opinion. But that's pretty harsh, worse than Snarf or Scrappy Doo? I bet you'd change your opinion if you saw Scrappy on Eternia!!
    I didn't mind Scrappy Doo as a kid but I hated him in that crummy live action movie from a few years ago. Snarf is definitely one character that I liked as a kid but am no longer fond of at all. The only "cutesy" characters that I love now almost as much as I did as a kid is Orko and the Ewoks(I know, I'm sorry ).
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 5, 2009 at 01:21pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I prefer the 200X Orko, but I KNOW the MOTUC Orko will be the original version that might come with his 200X amulet and wand.

I think the 4H made Orko more of what he originally was supposed to be like, which is what they were trying to do with most 200X characters. I guess they were trying to make Orko cooler.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Childlike character? He sounded like a ******.

As goofy as the original voice was for Orko, it worked for me. I was so happy that Orko made the cut for the 2002 show(amulet and all), but the voice ruined him for me.

I don't get these complaints that Orko's O was childish. Not only was he supposed to be a child(or at least young and inexperienced), he was the gateway character for kids in a world where everyone has the muscles of Lou Ferrigno.
    A ******... Riiight. Anyways, I loved Orko when I was a kid, but this line is aimed at adults. And while I understand that Orko was the comic releaf character and a "doorway" for kids I do think it's best that we have a mature Orko. There is no place for children in battle. That's why I love the more serious sorcerer look the Horsemen gave him...
    Last edited by Neo; July 5, 2009 at 02:07pm.