Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Lion and Scorpia Arrival Thread

Battle Lion and Scorpia Arrival Thread

Wow, these just came in this morning. USPS shipping hike must've delivered 'em faster indeed!
    These two look really great!!
    Note: Be careful when opening BL, he is really packed in the mailer tightly. I had to open it from both sides and push him out.

Saddle switcheroo
    Last edited by Count Judas; May 14, 2014 at 07:25pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

were Scorpia's pincers always so blunted?

is there a wash at all on Battle Lion's mane? it looks unfinished.

Heroic Warrior
    Scorpia is definitely the figure to beat this year. She's perfect and guess what she has a filmation head scott

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    were Scorpia's pincers always so blunted?
    It's a toy safety standard which basically says edges and points cannot be too sharp. It's a child safety thing. I think they look great!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    is there a wash at all on Battle Lion's mane? it looks unfinished.
    He used a flash to take the pictures (notice the dark shadow behind Scorpia), so it washes out the color.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    He used a flash to take the pictures (notice the dark shadow behind Scorpia), so it washes out the color.
    I dd use the ole flash on the pics. BL has a very nice wash on his mane. Here's a better pic:

How are Scorpia's ankles?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    It's a toy safety standard which basically says edges and points cannot be too sharp. It's a child safety thing. I think they look great!
    Even for 'toys' which clearly say on the packaging for "Adult Collectors"??
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Scorpia looks great, I mean really, really nice, but i just noticed - Battle Lion has no stripes, he's never had them has he? Because he's a lion, I've just never noticed before.

Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    Scorpia looks great, I mean really, really nice, but i just noticed - Battle Lion has no stripes, he's never had them has he? Because he's a lion, I've just never noticed before.
    Nope, he's never had stripes
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Scorpia looks amazing, I can't wait for mine to arrive
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Cool. I'm hoping to snag a Scorpia myself...if I don't forget about the sale tomorrow.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Did you kitbash that King Grayskull together? It looks better than both of the officially released versions...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Wow, these just came in this morning. USPS shipping hike must've delivered 'em faster indeed!
    Note: Be careful when opening BL, he is really packed in the mailer tightly. I had to open it from both sides and push him out.

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1rnecxx4.jpg
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psjuvxjzl6.jpghttp://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psl0h2ihuz.jpg
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psmu9oa9d7.jpghttp://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psmi3czuzl.jpg
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Court Magician
    Mattel-Masters-of-the-Universe-Classics-Scorpia-10-1024x867.jpg

We've got our review of Scorpia up for anyone interested in details on the figure.

Scorpia looks great, can't wait to get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Did you kitbash that King Grayskull together? It looks better than both of the officially released versions...
    Yes I did, thanks. I used KG 2.0 head & cape, SDCC buck and TP He-man boots.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    How are Scorpia's ankles?
    Her ankles are tight on mine, even with the old style ankles with pins.

Great review richalot! Love the photos!
    Last edited by Count Judas; May 14, 2014 at 06:50pm.

Yes I did, thanks. I used KG 2.0 head & cape, SDCC buck and TP He-man boots.

If I can pick your brain a bit, was it difficult swapping that head or those boots?
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Having Battle Lion in hand... WOW! He's awesome! I can't understand why some people are lukewarm on the idea of him, I'm not huge on MYP in the line myself, but I can't get over how great he looks in person. I mean, this is a great toy! THIS is why I collect this line.

I can only say this... BRING ON CLAWDEEN! STAT!
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    If I can pick your brain a bit, was it difficult swapping that head or those boots?
    No problemo. The boots were very easy, I just heated (blow dryer), popped and inserted. The SDCC ones were broken at the ankles.

The head was a lot trickier. Since the head from the SDCC version was secured firmly, I had to heat it up pretty good and with a small flat head screwdriver, ply it off. It did leave a very small crack on the neck but once I placed the new head, it covered it well.

Seeing this just reminds me of how sad I was when I was hoping they would do SOMETHING to make him larger than Battlecat. All I wanted was for them to mold 2 new upper front legs to be like 3/4 of an inch to an inch taller so you could tell a little difference between their sizes. Battle lion being huge is what makes him special. He just looks meh to me. Not bad, but the Griffon had way more new pieces than this.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome! Really looking forward to them now!

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1rnecxx4.jpg
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psjuvxjzl6.jpg
    Saddle switcheroo http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psl0h2ihuz.jpg
    http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psmu9oa9d7.jpghttp://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psmi3czuzl.jpg
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Instead of selling my SDCC King Grayskull, I think I've just been convinced to give this kitbashing a try!

No problemo. The boots were very easy, I just heated (blow dryer), popped and inserted. The SDCC ones were broken at the ankles.

The head was a lot trickier. Since the head from the SDCC version was secured firmly, I had to heat it up pretty good and with a small flat head screwdriver, ply it off. It did leave a very small crack on the neck but once I placed the new head, it covered it well.

Great review of Scorpia there Rich (Hi) - love the lighting / crispness of the pictures.
    He-Man & She-Ra Stop Motion Video - Princess Adora's New Internet Song - now online on Youtube

Ladies of the Horde!
     photo LadiesoftheHorde_zpsd6ad5622.jpg
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Even for 'toys' which clearly say on the packaging for "Adult Collectors"??
    It also says "conforms to the safety requirements of astm f963."
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage