Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Entrapta in Classics Thread

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar

Official Entrapta in Classics Thread

Yes siree, what do you guys think Entrapta should be like in the new line? Obviously she can't look too much like the Filmation-version, since that's in a gray area legally, but she doesn't have to look exactly like the old toy either.

I'm thinking, maybe throw in slightly more purple than gold this time, yes? And, why not combine both sculpted and real hair? Some kind of sculpted posable hair in the midle, and then real rooted hair entwined with metal-clasps around it?

So that you can pose the hair, and have it hold stuff, as well as perhaps even have Entrapta floating in mid-air because of said hair acting as legs.

And accessories.. ah, the accessories. She definitely needs some gadgets of some kind, to show that she's the Horde resident technical genius.

Her appearance in the cartoon was pretty close to the toy anyways, aside from her colors being dulled down, so I doubt a new "classics" version would look much different. She's a Mattel creation, not Filmation, so I don't think there'd be any legal problems whatsoever bringing her into the MOTU Classics line.
    I don't think they should bog her down with a ton of weapons either, as her hair is her weapon. The way they presented her in the cartoon, as a Horde mechanic or whatnot, I thought was very unnecessary- I never thought of her as being a female Man-At-Arms when I first got the toy, so I'm not too keen on a new figure with Horde insignia's and a toolbox full of gadgets and stuff to make her "cool". That was the problem with the 2002 line, too many bells and whistles for a lot of the characters and they came out looking like a mess... my hope is that this being the classics line- a lot of the design elements/accessories are going to be stripped down and kept all "back to basics", as it were. Entrapta's pretty much perfect the way she was the first time around.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I'd like to see her just like the classic figure but with sculpted rubber hair and a horde symbol somewhere.
    I liked that she was chromed.... I hope they keep the chrome.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Any of the characters from POP would be more than welcome. THere's only three major female characters outside She-Ra that have had figures before, and, with this being a self-proclaimed collector's line, the old "female figures don't sell" line doesn't wash here. Using the POP cast would allow for a stronger female presence, and Entrapta would fill the "secondary/fan favorite" slot in one of the waves (assuming a similar strategy to the DCUC assortments).

We definitely need POP integrated into the new line on a regular basis.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

The old toy was my favorate POP doll. I loved the dark pink and purple hair style. I loved the chrome look as well. I really hope the 4H keep her very similar to the toy, but I would love to see a red bat on her chrome chest. I love the idea of a mix of sculpted and rooted hair! It would be a nice through back for POP fans to see some real hair and considering hair is her weapon, having some elements of real hair would seem appropiate.

I am not saying I want a fully rooted head of hair that's brushable, just an element of real hair. Grizzlor got real fur, so Entrapta should have some real locks. Maybe it could be wound up in such a way that it can't be undone, with a wire running through her two main braids so they are poseable. Maybe she can come with a sculpted fringe. Real hair would be there, just not brushable, unless you wanted to unpick the wrapping and risk never being able to get it back in the same style, the same deal we had to make with ourselves when we got the orignal toy!!!!!!!!!

I have collected together some pictures of art board members have created, in hopes if the 4H check out this thread they will be able to find some inspiration from fan art for their version of Entrapta (if she is going to be made}. They have been checking out the Catra thread so we never know, they might find something they like here.!!!!!!!!!!! I hope this is ok. If anyone is unhappy with me posting these pictures please let me know and I will edit my post immidieatly.

Here is bord member Nightwings art and Entrapta custom. I love these!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...esign-45457844

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-2007-47096316

Beana also posted his version of Entrapta in the catra thread, I love this one as well!!!!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../BVEntrapa.jpg

Here are two drawings posted by gbagok, the first is a group picture (scroll down to find the second full body pic, about 1/2 way down.)
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...t=gbagok+Catra

Finally, the orignal Mattel Entrapta toy I found on Deviant Art. Also a picture of the Filmation Entrapta!!!!!!!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ouble-37256504 One more http://img45.exs.cx/img45/9080/entrapt9dv.jpg

http://img223.exs.cx/img223/3815/entrapta26pa.jpg

This is a picture of Entrapta comissioned by bord member Scorpia for an excellent project!!!! Bringing to life an unproduced episode of She-Ra. Entrapta is presented very closely to the orignal Filmation art. I think the picture was created by bord member innershade. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1205278634

Here are two poll threads, featuring re-design's of the lady in question. I like the colors and bat symbol on buffelow bill mans design, and the elegence and costume style of Beana's version. Give me a mix of these two designs and I would be very happy!!!!!!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...light=Entrapta

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...light=Entrapta
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 11, 2008 at 10:24pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I might be in the minority, but I'm more into Catra and Entrapta as their own unit- with no Horde symbol involved on their costumes.

Zodak74: Well, I think it's ok to feel that way, since the original toys didn't have that in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I'd like to see her just like the classic figure but with sculpted rubber hair and a horde symbol somewhere.
    I liked that she was chromed.... I hope they keep the chrome.
    Yeah, they gotta' keep the chrome, it's way cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I love the idea of a mix of sculpted and rooted hair!

I have collected together some pictures of art board members have created, in hopes if the 4H check out this thread they will be able to find some inspiration from fan art for their version of Entrapta (if she is going to be made}. I hope this is ok. If anyone is unhappy with me posting these pictures please let me know and I will edit my post immidieatly.
    Hey, cool that someone likes the idea of the combined real/sculpted hair. And I don't think anyone minds about the pictures, I've been thinking of posting those myself actually.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Chrome body armor with Horde Symbol and poseable plastic hair

Put me down as another person in favor of combining the flexible plastic hair with rooted hair. I think it's a great idea! I would like to see her with a Horde symbol and the dull light purple from Filmation too.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Entrapta: A Blank Slate?

Entrapta is a character with so little back story that she stands the chance of being turned into a really cool character.

With so many Horde females not available for the line, I think she'd be a great character to add to Hordak's ranks.

Just not in doll form, exactly.

The clothes are actually better designed for MOTUC inclusion than most of the 80's POP line. The girls' toy line made her look too friendly, though. Should she even be "pretty"? Octavia and Scorpia were a far cry from "sexy". Maybe the new design will rough her up a bit? I'm hoping the 4H will get to do some redesigning on this character and make her look more sinister. After all, super long hair that can attack you is bound to be a little scary, right?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I do think she has tons of potential. I like her design a lot and she was one of the figures I really loved as a child. I hope they add a Horde symbol to her costume. I hope they make her a figure that looks worthy of standing alongside a MOTUC Hordak. Very excited to see how they do her hair.

I'm not expecting too much from her bio...Matty probably wont go too deep or give us any new information, unfortunately.

I am looking forward to Entrapta (and all POP figures, really). I think it will actually be quite nifty if she is still beautiful and even a bit friendly looking, because first, she lures people in, and before you know it, they're snared in her hair!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Her friendly face confused me as a child. I always had her as a good guy (I was quite young). Double Trouble was (and always will be) evil in my world. And Castaspella always looked evil to 4-5 year old me (mustve been the eye shadow) so thats how she was played with most of the time (unless an episode featuring her was on to remind me she was good...and even they they looked so different it didnt really matter).

I think it will be a while before we see Entrapta since she is the only other female in the Horde (depending on how they play Double Trouble). I definitely want to fill out the ranks of the great rebellion more before we add too many Horde members.

I totally agree that i hope she gets a Horde symbol.

I've always liked Entrapta and of all the vintage POP figures I would say that she's the best of them all for me personally. She's so striking and I love the fact that she's a Horde member too. I like the fact that she's beautiful as just like Catra she is an anti-she-ra/rebellion female (just a beautiful as the good girls but deadly!)

Seeing how they tackle her hair would be very interesting.

Went and looked her up: She's pretty jazzy! I'm afraid she might end up being boring, though. I mean, they didn't give much movement to Whiplash's tail, so I don't think they'll do anything for her hair, either. Personally, I'd want them to make the hair into bendy items so you could make use of them. I mean, they gotta do something. If not that, then at least make detachable hair items that are formed in a way that allows you to wrap them around figures (or maybe hair weapons like Millia Rage).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'd love it if her hair was detachable and they gave her extra hair extensions to make her braids longer. Perhaps an opportunity for Mattel to bring out that soft plastic they used on Roboto's weapons!! She could be a really fun figure.

And she could become one of the sexiest female characters, IMO:

Look at those boots!!!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    and they gave her extra hair extensions to make her braids longer.
    chuckling @ extensions.

Should the purple in her hair be sculpted like hair or more ribbon-y like in your photo?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Should the purple in her hair be sculpted like hair or more ribbon-y like in your photo?
    Make the ribbon barbed wire. She needs to be more menacing!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to Entrapta. She was one of the very few POP figures I had as a kid so there's that connection. Not only that but I want a MOTUC Entrapta with nicely done plastic hair seeing as my vintage one got all jacked from being tossed into a toy box with the rest of my figures for years and years.

Plus she's a villain. A Horde villain. Not many of those we are going to be allowed to own.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I'm all for her bio being done up from scratch, but like I've said before hope her toy design hems closely to the classic figure- looking forward to vac-metalized outfit and gloves, some sort of hair articulation, and an attractive face. Not really interested in an Entrapta that looks like a skag... I totally think she should be VERY attractive and that's what lures folks towards her, then she snags 'em in her hair. And after seeing films like The Grudge, we know hair can be a very scary and menacing thing... LOL! It would be rad- but I know it's never going to happen- if her hair was articulated in such a way that she could hold warriors in the air up over her head (how awesome would that look?), but given the poor loose joints so many MOTUC figures have, it's not like Mattel could ever pull something like that off. As for a Horde symbol... meh, not so much. I like the idea of her being a bounty hunter sort of character aligned with Catra, but not really being part of Hordak's army or anything.

I want the "Tricky Golden Beauty" to be just that: tricky and beautiful

She wasnt really a mechanic in the toon either; she was mistress of traps. That made her a sort of inventor, but only of traps.

I liked that.

I hope she is given some golden chrome effects. I'd also like her to have Horde bats on her costume, but NOT in red. They should be molded in the same gold color as her bodice and her boots.

Her hair should be flexible, like Hssss's snake form. A whip would be cool too.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Yeah, flexi-hair would be way cool. Huh! I had forgot that it was I who started this thread!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to her. She'll be one of a few Pop-ladies that I will aquire. =)

( if I had the money, I'd buy them all, but I don't. It's the same pick and chose treatment I give every era.)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'd love it if her hair was detachable and they gave her extra hair extensions to make her braids longer. Perhaps an opportunity for Mattel to bring out that soft plastic they used on Roboto's weapons!! She could be a really fun figure.

And she could become one of the sexiest female characters, IMO:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4...trapta2fq6.jpg

Look at those boots!!!
    I love this on.. Or even better, she could come in Silver instead of gold

Can't wait for the 'Tricky Golden Beauty' to get a figure. I imagine her hair would be like Squeeeze's arms. Both Entrapta and Double Trouble are open to major reinterpretations in this line since Entrapta wasn't fully developed as a character and DT was relegated to only a few published interpretations.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"