Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Entrapta in Classics Thread

i can't wait to see how they do Entrapta. She could be so freaking amazing.

Perhaps they could give her articulated hair...like some of those Revoltech figures.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    A whip would be cool too.
    Made to resemble a weave, of course.

I love the buffolo bill interpratation of entrapta. the comb sword is my favorite accessory they need to include that when they make entrapta, as well as her shield. I think she really needs to have a horde symbol on her, she is part of the Horde, It should be represented on her. And something in her hair as a weapon. Cannot wait for her. Asmaller horde crossbow wouldnt hurt either.
    Last edited by facet; November 27, 2011 at 07:24pm. Reason: added something

Now that we're seen vac-metal used on Hurricane Hordak and 99.9% likely seen "hair" used on a figure, Entrapta cadidacy for use of these techniques has gone up.

The vac-metal for a chrome effect on her armor/boots would just be cool...and shiny, yay shiny. However, we could see regular metallic gold like on He-Ro's armor too, time will tell.

He braids, originally I thought her braids would be done kind of like King Hssss's hydra form, but then I wondered if such heavy plastic would upset her balance. Now we're(most likely) seen hair used(don't ask if you avoid spoilers) which would not effect her balance as much.

Just throwing it out there...
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Entrapta was one of those figures that I always wanted as a kid but never had (until I started collecting). She was definitely one of the coolest in the POP line; her chrome outfit made her so unique. I definitely vote that we keep the chrome.

As for the hair, what if she came with several detachable braids like the classic Moduloc? That way we have the option to mix and match depending on how we want her to be posed. I'm sorry to say I'm not too keen on the rooted hair idea only because if it does fall out of place it's a PAIN to fix. That's not a challenge I would look forward to.

Styleguide Entraptra really is sexy. Those boots are very nice. I hope they do her Styleguide-Style

If they have Filmation rights, I think Entrapta is definitely one who deserves two variations - one based on the chrome action figure, and another based on the Filmation look.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    We might get vac metalized on the chest, but not boots or gloves. The arms and legs would need to be made from hard plastic for that, and Mattel is using even softer plastic than usual for some of the hands now on the ladies. Also, vac metalizing around joints is VERY tricky, and would likely not work with existing parts (they'd likely need to leave an extra allowance of space so the paint won't chip as easily). I don't see them doing that, as it would add to an already expensive process.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

For me she should definitely have a horde symbol preferably in red. No rooted hair but soft flexible braids with a wire. I would love VAC metal all over but it's true that it would chip of pretty easily around joints and softer plastics.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Please no rooted hair because i want consistency with the rest of the standard size figures in MOTUC.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'm willing to bet that Entrapta is going to be one of those "how on Earth will we pull this off?!?" kind of figures (I fear Sssqueeze has a similar fate with his long arms), since there's a no rooted hair mandate in place, she'll end up being near the end of the line. I hope I'm proven wrong, I'm dying to see her!

As for her Horde status, the elegant solution, suggested in other threads, is a removable armband or something similar.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Entrapta is going to be one of those "how on Earth will we pull this off?!?" kind of figures (I fear Sssqueeze has a similar fate with his long arms), since there's a no rooted hair mandate in place, she'll end up being near the end of the line. I hope I'm proven wrong, I'm dying to see her!

As for her Horde status, the elegant solution, suggested in other threads, is a removable armband or something similar.
    Well, they could give her bendy braids, similar to King Hssss's snake form, those might be heavy and throw her balance though. However, I guess that's part of the reason we have character stands.

Then again, she may get no action feature and just have good ole fashion molded stationary hair.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Along with Mantenna, Shadow Weaver, and Dial-a-mug, Entrapta is one of my most anticapted Horde figures.

I think that Entrapta should NOT have a removable head... Seeing that he might be super heavy due to her hair, a removable head might not be such a good idea.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I think the chrome, in my opinion-io, should be a one-off thing, like in a boxed set. With those joints, the hinges would easily crack the paint. I'd prefer a standard gold/pearlescent paint first.

I would love to see if they could do some kind of removable ball joint with each "bulb" of her braid, so you have make them as long or short as you want, with each piece having full articulation, making her hair really superposeable.

I'm also open to the rooted/plastic combo, simply because it would make her less top-heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post

I would love to see if they could do some kind of removable ball joint with each "bulb" of her braid, so you have make them as long or short as you want, with each piece having full articulation, making her hair really superposeable.
    I totally agree with this.

I think bendums for her hair in braids will make her hair extremely versatile and add to the playability of her hair and her character, although the balance thing will present a problem. But if she did have the bendums they could be used and multiple hands, helping to play into the part as the horde inventor. If we ever got Octavia, I would hope they would go the same route with her tentacles, it would add so much versatility to the character.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    The issue with bendies is you have to look at her hair. Each braid is as thick as her body. I'm not sure, but may be challenging to make a bendie that thick (I'd love to be wrong). Plus the rubber plastic may tear.

I still think attachable, articulated, ball-joint pieces may be the best compromise.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Ball joints would look pretty bad as part of the hair; when bent, you'd be hard pressed to avoid a noticeable expanse of smooth plastic interrupting the hair sculpt. There's a far simpler solution that allows for good posability and aesthetics: angled cut joints. Simply tweak the design so the ribbons in the hair are angled, and make a simple cut joint at the top or bottom. Put several of them in both braids and you'd get a good range of motion.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    I'm curious to see how they'll design Entrapta. The only thing I can garantee is that I won't buy Entrapta if her hair is made with that horrible and fragile "bendable" material... just like I won't buy figures who have the Hssss or Bow "crotch" (serious movement limitation).

Other than that, I'd probably buy her.

After watching several episodes of the cartoon, Entrapta has become one of my main wants from PoP.

Awesome character & I love her accent.

She is really high on my list!

I do have some questions though...

In Filmation she was an inventor in her mini comic appearence she showed her hair powers.

In the german audio cassettes she had the power, that everything she touches turn into gold, as she was gold it made totally sense but i´m realizing now this was only on those cassettes or am i mistaken?

Do we know where she comes from, has there ever been a back story to her in Filmation or somewhere else and if...? Could Mattel use it or do they have to make something up(which they do anyway when i think of Catra)?

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    We might get vac metalized on the chest, but not boots or gloves. The arms and legs would need to be made from hard plastic for that, and Mattel is using even softer plastic than usual for some of the hands now on the ladies. Also, vac metalizing around joints is VERY tricky, and would likely not work with existing parts (they'd likely need to leave an extra allowance of space so the paint won't chip as easily). I don't see them doing that, as it would add to an already expensive process.
    With the Marlena remove-a-tunic option now, I'm hoping the POP ladies who had two distinct looks might have arms and legs that are a combo of the two looks but then 1 of each armor/skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    I think the chrome, in my opinion-io, should be a one-off thing, like in a boxed set. With those joints, the hinges would easily crack the paint. I'd prefer a standard gold/pearlescent paint first.

I'm also open to the rooted/plastic combo, simply because it would make her less top-heavy.
    I've been hoping for a combo of real hair and plastic parts. Like real braids with plactic ties... or ball jointed ties that are connected by real hair. She better have the magenta and purple hair.. not the red from the cartoon.

The toy is more important! LOL
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Entrapta is one of those figures that should be more like the toy.

And an absolute NO to the Horde symbol. I will be really disappointed if she comes with one. Why should we limit ourselves to the mindset that all Horde characters must have the symbol? It would look stupid on Entrapta.