Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Entrapta in Classics Thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    Entrapta is one of those figures that should be more like the toy.

And an absolute NO to the Horde symbol. I will be really disappointed if she comes with one. Why should we limit ourselves to the mindset that all Horde characters must have the symbol? It would look stupid on Entrapta.
    A perfect opportunity for the aforementioned interchangeable dresses, methinks. A lot of folks would likely want her with a Horde symbol, and it would make little sense for her not to have it. I can't see the Horde allowing any of their lackeys to go without it unless they were undercover in some way. And I don't think any of the lackeys would want to be without it in battle for fear some dumb robot trooper would blast them by mistake. That's why different armies wear different uniforms...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm a fan of the Horde symbols. If she deosn't come with one, I'll just slap one of the guys' armbands on her thigh and call it a Horde garter
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Thought I'd posted this in here before...

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Thought I'd posted this in here before...

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...D/Entrapta.jpg
    That's a nice belt detail
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    why would there be a filmation issue? havent they said they can use any design as long as its a character they own?
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Bring on Entrapta!! Looking forward to her!

That redeco of Entrapta is awesome Reboot!

Been watching the She-Ra DVDs I love this character. I can't wait to see her in MOTUC I reallydont care which look they choose for her just give her a Horde symbol.
    Last edited by bribri4u; August 23, 2011 at 02:01am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i REALLY hope we get her toy look with gold paint, plastic hair and a Horde symbol she is my fav She-Ra bad girl but i hate real hair and vac

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I really like look of Entrapta in the photo posted by Reboots. I really hope she looks that good when she is released. My only requirement for her no matter which design the 4H use is that she have the Horde symbol.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    My only hope for Entrapta is, if they DO give her a Horde emblem, please...PLEASE make it removable!

To me, she is not a member of the Horde, but a mercenary. Also, if they add Horde symbols to characters that helped the Horde or were with them for short periods of time...what the hell are they going to do with Double Trouble? I mean...everyone in the Horde would know she doesn't belong if we go with the "everyone in the Horde HAS to have a Horde sybmol."

The belt buckle is a good idea. Since they did the heart or circle for Bow, give Entrapta the Horde Symbol or diamond option:

I also hope this "tricky golden beauty" stays golden.

Last edited by Darkspecter; August 23, 2011 at 11:35am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    My only hope for Entrapta is, if they DO give her a Horde emblem, please...PLEASE make it removable!

To me, she is not a member of the Horde, but a mercenary. Also, if they add Horde symbols to characters that helped the Horde or were with them for short periods of time...what the hell are they going to do with Double Trouble? I mean...everyone in the Horde would know she doesn't belong if we go with the "everyone in the Horde HAS to have a Horde sybmol."

The belt buckle is a good idea. Since they did the heart or circle for Bow, give Entrapta the Horde Symbol or diamond:
    I understand your concern with Double Trouble and the Horde symbol. She would have to have a removable one it would be easy enough to do.

Entrapta is one of the few POP characters that I don't mind the gold toy design. The only problem I have is that the gold covered the whole leg. I want her to have the exposed skin above the thigh high boots. The boots are one of my favorite parts about her, it makes her stand out from the rest of the POP girls who all have similar boots.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I want her to have the exposed skin above the thigh high boots. The boots are one of my favorite parts about her, it makes her stand out from the rest of the POP girls who all have similar boots.
    I might be okay with that. I would have to see it first. If they vac metalize her like Hurricane Hordak...her skin would be painted OVER the gold, so I would be 100% fine with that. If I wanted FULL gold, I could just scrape off the skin.

I was very disappointed with the Entrapta figure when I finally got her because she didn't really look like her cardback picture (the second picture of Entrapta I posted). I remember picking up a PoP figure in the store and looking at all the characters...and I saw Entrapta and she captivated me! I thought she was a swashbuckling pirate, for some reason. They didn't have her or Mermista (my second pick) in stock...so I got Peekablue because she was the most interesting and beautiful looking. But yeah, Entrapta's figure wasn't nearly as pretty as the cardback (her figure is kind of butch...looks like she's on steroids ) and most of them look silver, although I have seen some clearly gold ones.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

The belt buckle is a good idea. Since they did the heart or circle for Bow, give Entrapta the Horde Symbol or diamond option:
    I had the same thoughts and came up with that for both characters. A Horde armband is easy to put on and off in both cases and wouldnīt require a design change.
    (I know i for myself changed a lot at their designs but that a side a removeable Armband shouldnīt be to hard to make and itīs easy to reused.)

Cool pictures Niki! The armband is another good idea.

Also, that Entrapta is HOT!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I prefer the filmation color version. The silver or golden metallic outfit makes her seems a h00ker.

Cool pictures Niki! The armband is another good idea.

Also, that Entrapta is HOT!
    HA HA thank you!

For me Entrapta is a practical woman so a fancy skirt doesnīt fit her character and Filmations school uniform skirt is better but still not my kind of taste and than i remembered she has a violet crotch piece that made the trick and a tight catsuit is never a bad idea for a sexy woman if you ask me.

I wonder how the 4H will go about doing her hair. I know we aren't going to get "doll hair". But hard plastic wouldn't work either. Maybe they'll go with that bendy plastic (same used for King Hssss' Snake form)?

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    I wonder how the 4H will go about doing her hair. I know we aren't going to get "doll hair". But hard plastic wouldn't work either. Maybe they'll go with that bendy plastic (same used for King Hssss' Snake form)?
    I think that's probably what they're going to do. I'm VERY concerned about her hair though. I want to be able to wrap it around characters to "trap" them...but will be heartbroken if wires break through her plastic or something from doing that.

I have the vintage Entrapta figure, and while she's nice, and the vac metal gold makes her look unique in the vintage collection, I really hope the MOTUC Entrapta looks like she does in the Filmation cartoon - maybe with the yellow parts gold, and a Horde symbol that can be replaced with a diamond on her belt. A removable Horde armband would be nice too, but no neccessary, since Catra, Scorpia, Octavia, and Shadow Weaver don't wear the armbands either.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Also, if they add Horde symbols to characters that helped the Horde or were with them for short periods of time...what the hell are they going to do with Double Trouble? I mean...everyone in the Horde would know she doesn't belong if we go with the "everyone in the Horde HAS to have a Horde sybmol."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    A removable Horde armband would be nice too, but no neccessary, since Catra, Scorpia, Octavia, and Shadow Weaver don't wear the armbands either.
    They donīt need that, cause all of them are wearing the Horde emblem on their outfits.

I hope she looks more like Double Trouble and less like Lohni.

More like this (the toy elements are on the Horde half, since this is with She-Ra & co ):

Not especially Lohni, who wore a female Horde Trooper costume, -like really!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    More like this (the toy elements are on the Horde half, since this is with She-Ra & co ):
    Ah, that picture. I prefer the toy (obviously), but if she were in Filmation, I fully believe she would have looked like the toy. The second picture I posted is in many of the colouring books that are all Filmation-styled.

Ah, that picture. I prefer the toy (obviously), but if she were in Filmation, I fully believe she would have looked like the toy. The second picture I posted is in many of the colouring books that are all Filmation-styled.
    Which were post-facto. Emiliano pointed out recently that DT was designed by the Filmation artists at the same time as She-Ra, Glimmer, Angella, Frosta, Glimmer, Castaspella and the others who were in some respect REALLY different from the toys that they ultimately begot.

And if not from Filmation, WTH did that design come from? It looks more Filmationy than the colouring book picture (no way would a Filmation DT have had that asymmetric belt - whereas the DT in that picture has a similar belt to Filmation-She-Ra - or the Xed boots. The topline of the bodice is also closer to the Filmation house style, whereas the toy has a bodice that evokes the very unFilmationlike toy-Glimmer & Angella.