Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Entrapta in Classics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Which were post-facto. Emiliano pointed out recently that DT was designed by the Filmation artists at the same time as She-Ra, Glimmer, Angella, Frosta, Glimmer, Castaspella and the others who were in some respect REALLY different from the toys that they ultimately begot.

And if not from Filmation, WTH did that design come from? It looks more Filmationy than the colouring book picture (no way would a Filmation DT have had that asymmetric belt - whereas the DT in that picture has a similar belt to Filmation-She-Ra - or the Xed boots. The topline of the bodice is also closer to the Filmation house style, whereas the toy has a bodice that evokes the very unFilmationlike toy-Glimmer & Angella.
    I think Reboots right if you take the belt into account. Filmation was all about symmetry so they could flip the cel over that the same cel could look left or right. The rest of the design would have worked in the cartoon though.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Which were post-facto. Emiliano pointed out recently that DT was designed by the Filmation artists at the same time as She-Ra, Glimmer, Angella, Frosta, Glimmer, Castaspella and the others who were in some respect REALLY different from the toys that they ultimately begot.

And if not from Filmation, WTH did that design come from? It looks more Filmationy than the colouring book picture (no way would a Filmation DT have had that asymmetric belt - whereas the DT in that picture has a similar belt to Filmation-She-Ra - or the Xed boots. The topline of the bodice is also closer to the Filmation house style, whereas the toy has a bodice that evokes the very unFilmationlike toy-Glimmer & Angella.
    Not sure where the design came from. All I know is I really hope we get Double Trouble based on the images I posted. Out of all the media she has been in, she looks like the toy, except for that image which was on a lunchbox.

Here's one from a Golden Book (her colours and collar are different though):

Last edited by Darkspecter; August 23, 2011 at 01:34pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I love have this thread about Entrapta has become about Double Trouble.

I like both DT and Entrpta's toy designs with the exception I mentioned before about the skin above Entrapta's boots.

There really is very little else for the 4H to draw from for DT other then the toy.

Only time will tell what we get and I hope we get one of the two of them sooner rather then later.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

ENTRAPTA, ENTRAPTA, ENTRAPTA with a Horde Symbol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    I wonder how the 4H will go about doing her hair. I know we aren't going to get "doll hair". But hard plastic wouldn't work either. Maybe they'll go with that bendy plastic (same used for King Hssss' Snake form)?
    i hope they do her hair like DCD did the hair on the Heavenly Swords figure

just a bump for my Gold girl
    i hope the 4H use this pic for her but give her a pop off belt with the Horde logo
    Last edited by Dark Sorceress; November 27, 2011 at 04:11am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Amen to that, DS! THAT is the Entrapta I want too!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Toy Entrapta all the way,with a horde symbol in her chest or belt. Vac metal like the original if possible. The Filmation design is just gray and boring IMO.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    PLEASE! no vac-metal on entrapta! she should be gold-painted like he-ro
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Even though Hurricane Hordak had an issue with his vac-metal, I would still like to see it used on Entrapta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    PLEASE! no vac-metal on entrapta! she should be gold-painted like he-ro
    Displayed on the shelf MOC Hurricane Hordak looks great, i really love looking at him all shiny, so from this angle i would like to see her vac-metallized since her armor isnīt removeable.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Yeah. I want vac-metal as well. =) I think Mattel must have learnt something from Hordak, and Entrapta doesn't have the removable bits, nor would her legs and such be made of pliable plastic.

i would like gold paint like Gold from DCUC he's really shinny and no fear of him cracking and chipping lol

No Vac Metal for Entrapta, please!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Yeah. I want vac-metal as well. =) I think Mattel must have learnt something from Hordak, and Entrapta doesn't have the removable bits, nor would her legs and such be made of pliable plastic.
    you have too much faith in them.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I feel so stupid. Beforehand, I was all over the Filmation design/coloring for Entrapta, until I finally saw what they did in coloring her - and why they did it. Naturally, the version in the style guide was never going to be used on the Filmation cartoon because of its asymmetrical coloring with the skirt. So for the Filmation coloring, they left the skirt solid pink, and moved the purple from the other half of the skirt to the boustier, gloves, and boots. Now that I see this, and how it was simply done so they could easily flip the drawing around, not for any "grand aesthetic reasons," I am all for her being made golden like the Style Guide. And it wouldn't suck if she was vac metal and had a removable horde armband or horde bat on her belt where the red gem is.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm not against vac metal on her, provided it was done as well as my army of C-3P0 figures, none of whom have ever chipped. If not, she needs to be as shiny as possible, and again, that styleguide pic posted above is stellar!

Darkspecter, could you post a pic of the Heavenly Swords figure you mentioned? I'm unfamiliar...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'm not against vac metal on her, provided it was done as well as my army of C-3P0 figures, none of whom have ever chipped. If not, she needs to be as shiny as possible, and again, that styleguide pic posted above is stellar!

Darkspecter, could you post a pic of the Heavenly Swords figure you mentioned? I'm unfamiliar...
    i think that was me not Darkspecter

this shows it off better then a pic would have *not my vid*

Oops! Sorry DS! Thanks for sharing! I wonder if they could hide more articulation among her braids...

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    Bring on the Tricky Golden Beauty.

I'm hoping that they avoid any vac metal (He-Ro's "golden" sheen looks great to me), although I'm still undecided on how I would prefer them to do her hair. Now that Megator has been released with "real" hair, I could see them using it for Entrapta.

But, I must admit to preferring a "uniform" look for my toys and since all the figures (other than Megator) have plastic/sculpted hair, I think I would prefer to see Entrapta with the same. If they went with plastic/sculpted hair, then I would like to see the "strands" with added ball-joints to allow limited poseability.

And I definitely want a "Horde" symbol somewhere. I don't mind if it's on a removeable skirt or arm-band, but I definitely want Entrapta to be an obviously visible member of the Horde.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'm actually of two minds. I definitely want an Entrapta with NO Horde symbol like the vintage figure and Filmation. Adora and Modulok didn't have them either, but I'm sure her MOTUC figure will be designed with one.

So for all parties I hope its interchangeable/removable. Everyone wins.

my thing is that for me I like Catra being Horde, but I dont remember seeing the other villain ladies on the She-Ra show.

I'm not saying they werent on it, and I did just watch them all again last year. They just didnt stick out to me.

So with what they're doing in Classics, I would understand if they made them Horde, but I think at most a removable Horde Armband may be acceptable. Especially since I cannot say that they would have a "Filmation" look that I'd prefer like the heroic ladies do.

While I want them, I guess I realize I am not bound by a certain look for the other POP Villain ladies.

Catra deserved to be HOrde, but we also deserve to get a Vintage Toy Catra without a Horde Symbol as well.

Another Idea that i just came up with would be sort of a comb sword/mace type combo. I Absolutely love Buffalo bills redesign of her, and his weapon for her was this awesome redesign of the comb that came with her. I was Thinking, take that comb sword and put 4 together kinda like the points on a compass, making into a sorta of comb sword mace, all coming together in one handle. I defiantly think the horse men should have fun with accessory and need to incorporate her comb into it somehow. I regards to her design, I feel it should be a cross between her style guide, filmation, and toy design, and for me as long as some of her hair is poseable then i will be happy. But for sure she needs a horde symbol on her chest.

Entrapta is a character where I think a clever comb weapon like the one above would be more than suiting.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    As a BIG She-Ra fan, more so than a He-Man fan. I HATED the POP toy line in the 80's. I think because I'd seen the Filmation episodes first and the toys looked nothing like their cartoon counterparts (at least to me at that age they didn't).

anyway, my point is. I'd rather have the toy version of Entrapta for the Classics line, it's so much more interesting than the Filmation version.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

This is another potential Star Sisters situation brewing. Entrapta is one of a few cases where the majority of fans feel the vintage Mattel toy design is better the Filmation design. I really hope the 4H will take this into account when they design and paint Entrapta. Her look was vibrant and Dramatic in the style giude and toyline, the filmation look was as dull as dish water. I personally prefer the silver chrome look of her toy over her golden style guide coloring. She has the potential to be one of the most visually striking MOTUC figures ever. I seriously hope Mattel & the 4H do not let Entrapta down by going with her Filmation look.
    Last edited by Angel-T; May 27, 2012 at 10:20pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!