Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notice to those seeking a King Grayskull (AND inflatable sword) from SDCC 2008

Notice to those seeking a King Grayskull (AND inflatable sword) from SDCC 2008

***Important note:
    With the July 2nd news on the home page of He-Man.org,
    that Mattel will be selling a limited quantity of their SDCC exclusives online:

If you sent me money for a KG purchase at SDCC,
    and you'd rather purchase your King Grayskull on their online store,
    and you need me to refund your money,
    that's no problem!
    Just send me an e-mail (jvs @ he-man.org) letting me know.

And no, we don't know when they'll be selling them on their store, or how limited the quantities will be. Sorry***

To everyone who can't attend SDCC, wanting a King Grayskull:

Mattel's plans are to sell out of King Grayskull at SDCC 2008.
    If they have leftovers, they plan to offer them through a yet-to-be-announced reputable online store.
    (no, we don't know who that is. Sorry.)

So, in the meantime,
    we recommend making arrangements with other fans to purchase one for you at the convention just to be safe!

Because we know many of you will be looking to purchase via another fan,
    we ask that fans (who are attending the con who will purchase for other fans) volunteer their help first,
    then fans looking to purchase please PM those volunteers!

That way, we can avoid a ton of thread requests, and prevent this thread from turning into a very lengthy mess that's hard to sort through.

Please, volunteer posts only!
    If you are volunteer, you can offer your help in this thread,
    or start a thread in this New MOTU Marketplace offering your services.

Purchase requests will be deleted!

***volunteers: Please try not to scalp your fellow fans. We understand some of you will want to make a few bucks for your time, but please try not to overdo it. Regardless, what you ask for is your call.

***buyers: Please do not harass someone if they are asking a price you feel is unfair. "Scalper Harassment" is not allowed on the forums. Just move on to another volunteer.

-----------------

I am also offering to pick up KG figures for fans, but I recommend finding someone else if you can!
    ...I say that just because some folks may find the following a pain, but it's how I'm handling it this go-around, and I think my conditions are fair.

If you'd still prefer for me to try and purchase you a KG figure,
    remember that I can't make any guarantees of what I can purchase!
    Mattel may chase me away from the booth!

But I'll purchase as many as I can.
    It'll be first-come-first-serve. So I'll be refunding any unfilled requests.
    I feel pretty confident that Mattel will do what they can to help me fill all your requests, but they can't make guarantees either, nor do I have the power to speak for them!

Here's the catch if you want me to do it:
    You have to pay a lump sum in advance,
    via PayPal only,
    no later than July 15th!

That gives me enough time to pull the money from PayPal to use at the con for your purchase.
    All my extra cash and credit is invested in the site overhaul so I can't float you a loan (sorry!).

If there is money left over (after we figure out your shipping), I'll refund it.
    If I require more, you'll need to pay it. And if I need more money, and you don't pay it, I'm keeping the money you originally sent and selling the figure on eBay... so be prepared to pay extra if need be!

You're also responsible for the PayPal fees, which are around 5% of whatever amount you send me.

US Fans:
    30.00 (KG) + 5.00 (ship from SDCC) + 10.00 (ship from KY to your place) + 2.50 PayPal fees
    = 47.50

International fans:
    30.00 (KG) + 5.00 (ship from SDCC) + 25.00 (ship from KY to your place) + 3.00 PayPal fees
    = 63.00

Sorry for all the steps, but if I'm gonna take the time to buy them, ship them safely from the convention center back to Kentucky, then pack them individually and ship again to you,
    you have to make sure I'm not risking a loss on money.

Please PM me if interested before sending any money via PayPal!

-----------------

Also, we strongly recommend avoiding eBay presales!
    Presales are not legal on eBay,
    we can't vouch for any of the sellers or regulate their activity like we can here on the forums,
    and you may be spending extra money in the process that you could have saved by using a volunteer here on the forums.

Do what you want, but that's our advice.

I can take care of some UK fans!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I can help some fans out if Vals offer fills up. Same deal as Val except I would only need to charge $45 as I am located in CA. I would be able to ship on Monday the day after the con finishes.

PM me if interested.

Edit:

My inbox was flooded with requests so I am going to hold off on new requests until I am able to go through the ones I have. I have to work tonight 12 hours so I should let everyone who pm'd me know tommorow night. I don't know how many Mattel will give up but I was going to try for 25, so I will take requests up until that point from my pm's.
    Last edited by jmb410s; July 1, 2008 at 08:01pm.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior

Im going to SDCC Who wants a KG

I can not garuntee which figure I will get but I will do a first come first serve thing for the figures. Im looking at around 40 for US shipping and 60 for internationally. I would like payment upfront. I will give a 100% refund the day after the con (travel time to get home) if I can not fill your order. I will also pick up any other exclusive you are looking for, but you need to get me the booth and booth number it is going to be at and a description of the figure. If possible I will also try to get some signed (by the 4H) so if you prefer a signed one let me know. Post here and PM me if you are interested!

Ty

okay...i am having paypal issues. I filed a complaint against someone who turned around and filed another against me. Plus Ive got money stting in there becuase of this new stupid ebay seller rule where the person has to leave feedback and its a lot of money so paypal sent me a notice saying they saw some "unusual activity" and until the buyer responds and tells them its ok they have put my account on hold. I really really hate paypal. Does anyone know of anyother service like paypal that is not a pain because I do not think my account will be available before the convention...grr I HATE paypal.

So if anyone still wants me to get them a KG it looks like it will have to be paid through another way. I apologize and understand if anyone changes their mind. If I sent you a PM about paying by paypal i do not think it will currently let you. Again, I am sorry.

Ty
    Last edited by motuxmen; July 1, 2008 at 03:57pm. Reason: paypal sucks!

I am not taking any more orders on King Grayskull for UK fans.
    Sorry guys but I only have so much room in my case and it's a first come first serve basis.
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior

same as above

i am going with a few people so if someone needs a KG pm me and we will work something out. always glad to help. Also with any other exclusive let me know i will do my best to get it.
    Last edited by j-manbp; July 5, 2008 at 09:59am.

Ok, three individuals have not gotten back to me regarding their payments for their King Grayskull figure.
    Now, time is running short.
    So to be curtious to your fellow He-fans, please let em know ASAP if you are going through with it or not.
    There are other folks who would like one too.

There is one order space to be filled so if you are in the UK and want a King Grayskull, please PM me for details.
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Warrior
    I am not taking any more orders. I am full up. Plus, i doubt anyone could get payment thru anyway this late.

We managed to get all of the King Grayskull's on Friday, much to the hateful comments and evil stares of folks in line.
    Toyguru really came through for everyone.

Not sure I can get any inflatable swords; working with Toyguru to see what we can do.
    Please, no requests for those for now.

Same goes for DVDs. Please, no requests for now.

For all other exclusives, please post in the Misc Marketplace, or check out eBay.
    Thanks!

Well Val, you must have been been the single biggest buyer of KG! Just the thought of all those people giving you the evil eye is making my blood run cold. Thanks for picking up a KG for me!!!!!!!!!! I seriously appreciate it! Did you pick up figures for a large number of fans It must have been a nightmare to get all the figures from SDCC to a post office to get them back to Kentucky!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

It's about whats FAIR! King Hsss's Avatar
    Did you get the "He's going to make some money on ebay" eyes?
    In nomine Patris. Requiescat in Pace

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    We managed to get all of the King Grayskull's on Friday, much to the hateful comments and evil stares of folks in line.

Not sure I can get any inflatable swords; working with Toyguru to see what we can do.
    Please, no requests for those for now.

Same goes for DVDs. Please, no requests for now.

For all other exclusives, please post in the Misc Marketplace, or check out eBay.
    Thanks!

Thank you and Toyguru for helpping myself and the others out those that can't get out west
    HOOS HOOS HOOS HOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Val and Toyguru for helping out us fans who were unable to attend the Con. One day I'll get to live the dream and travel over to the U.S. when the Comic Con on.

Heroic Warrior
    Hi everyone. For those that ordered from me I think I managed to get everyone their KG. I had to mail everything back to myself but I should have it in the next couple of days. I didnt count exactly how many I needed, but I bought as much as Icould. They kept changing the limit so it was a pain. Anyway, Ill let you all know by the end of the week. PM me if you have any specific questions. Also, I managed to pick up a few swords so I will throw them in with the first orders, till I run out. Sorry for the extended wait everyone!

motuxmen went the extra mile on some swords, which is really cool.

And for those who he can't hook up, Toyguru gave us a box of 250 of those suckers!
    So anyone who wants to pay shipping can have one for free.

But, please, no requests just yet.
    Let me get settled in from the con, get my X-Men deadline done, and then get all of that sorted out.

motuxmen went the extra mile on some swords, which is really cool.

And for those who he can't hook up, Toyguru gave us a box of 250 of those suckers!
    So anyone who wants to pay shipping can have one for free.

But, please, no requests just yet.
    Let me get settled in from the con, get my X-Men deadline done, and then get all of that sorted out.
    YIPPEE! What? Work comes before us?
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Awesome!

Would look nice with my MOTU display
    For the Best in Toy Reviews!!
    http://www.askkevanything.com

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    Hi everyone. For those that ordered from me I think I managed to get everyone their KG. I had to mail everything back to myself but I should have it in the next couple of days. I didnt count exactly how many I needed, but I bought as much as Icould. They kept changing the limit so it was a pain. Anyway, Ill let you all know by the end of the week. PM me if you have any specific questions. Also, I managed to pick up a few swords so I will throw them in with the first orders, till I run out. Sorry for the extended wait everyone!
    Wow, thanks you really went above and beyond with the swords. And I was afraid that I'd need bail money for pouncing on my mail man\ups guy when I saw him walk by my place with a package larger than an envelope, now with the added possibility of a surprise I'm sure I'll need it.

just let us know when your ready about the swords. and the dvds.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

sweet those sword are a nice deal-

So, does that mean that He-Man.org will be selling KG's??

I just had a REALLY bad experience with mattycollector.com and their not processing my payment, and then forcing me to cancel (without the option of posting payment... yadda yadda).

SO I am outta luck
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Not sure if my hookup got me a sword or not.. so i will wait before i request one!

My buddy who went to SDCC was unable to score me a sword, so this is good news!

Thanks Val!!

By the way Val, your work on X-Men stuff has been great! Love to see your name in the credits of my comics!

A Sword sounds fantastic! I didn't think you were going to be able to get any. I would love one of these babies when you start taking requests.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    250?! Wow, nice work! Hope I can get my hands on one