View Poll Results: Do you like He-Ro's new backstory?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, him being a Cosmic Warrior is fine by me.

64 41.56%
  • No, I prefer his original backstory.

40 25.97%
  • I don't care either way.

33 21.43%
  • Get He-Ro out of MOTU!!!!

17 11.04%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He-Ro's New Backstory: Yay or Nay?

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    I’m not concerned all that much with the back-story of He-Ro. If all that undercover work wasn’t done in the nineties, we would know virtually nothing of the character beyond what was revealed in one mini-comic and a few Mattel retail product pamphlets.

I like the idea of He-Ro, though and do want a figure. But they stuck King Grayskull in He-Ro’s original role and apparently it resonated enough to solidify that change. What they seem to be doing with the character now is fine with me.

But, you know . . . 200X took another major character, which was originally conceptualized to be pretty different, and changed him up a lot – Keldor. Before August 16th 2002, Keldor was a concept of infamy on these boards, debated enough to rival Wonderbread He-Man. And we knew more about him than He-Ro. Yet most accepted it and actually like what was done with him. He-Ro should be no different – both were unused concepts which were never finalized before the line was cancelled. It should be expected that liberties would be taken with them in future iterations of MOTU.

So, bring on He-Ro with his somewhat different origin. I’ll buy one, maybe two.

I don't mind the new He-Ro story so far. I'm holding off until more facts are known. I am however, going to be ~very~ happy if there is MOTUC figure made of him!

Gonna be sweet!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    WHAT changes to his back story?!?

I just checked the front page of the .Org, and I did a search of all forums for any topics with "he-ro", "he ro", or "He-Ro" in the title, and it found NOTHING... not even THIS THREAD (probably because you put "He-Ro's".)

So, what is this poll referring to? I'm very confused.
    I couldn't find it either. So, what's He-Ro's new deal ... ?

Who is hero, whats his part and story??
    I just seen picture of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Merman79 View Post
    Who is hero, whats his part and story??
    I just seen picture of him.

In this thread, LORD FALLEN ELDOR has written the text from an rare bio of He-Ro.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=151860

Thx Jukka

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    He-Ro filled the role of King Grayskull.
    He-Ro is Grayskull, he's an ancestor of He-Man and who originated the Power of Grayskull.
    He already had a cool story
    I don't feel any need to change it.
    Wouldnt it be that King Grayskull filled the role of He-ro?I mean He-ro was not in the MYP toon,He-ro was replaced by Grayskull?But didnt He-ro appear in the MVCreations comic in half shadow form,as an elder with the Eternia playset Lion face on the wall behind him?To me King Grayskull is an afterthought and didnt exist in the original mythos.But the spirit of Grayskull did?.And your saying He-ro is Grayskull,and Grayskull is an ancsestor of He-man?That would mean that Randor is a decendant of He-ro/Grayskull because Adam/He-man,is the off spring of Randor and Marlana,and she is from Earth?Is this too confusing?Cause I sure am.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by BURTDAWG View Post
    Wouldnt it be that King Grayskull filled the role of He-ro?I mean He-ro was not in the MYP toon,He-ro was replaced by Grayskull?But didnt He-ro appear in the MVCreations comic in half shadow form,as an elder with the Eternia playset Lion face on the wall behind him?To me King Grayskull is an afterthought and didnt exist in the original mythos.But the spirit of Grayskull did?.And your saying He-ro is Grayskull,and Grayskull is an ancsestor of He-man?That would mean that Randor is a decendant of He-ro/Grayskull because Adam/He-man,is the off spring of Randor and Marlana,and she is from Earth?Is this too confusing?Cause I sure am.
    According to MYP
    -Adam is descendant of Grayskull
    -Keldor is said to be descendant of Grayskull too
    -Randor & Keldor are brothers with different mothers
    -Captain Miro carries the Grayskull-legacy thusly
    -We don't know how many generations are between Miro and King Grayskull, but I bet there are many, so it could go from woman to man holding the heritage.
    -Marlena is not from Earth

Original mythos
    -Spirit of Grayskull existed
    -We don't know if the Spirit is He-Ro
    -He-Ro is the ancestor of He-Man and She-Ra (now seemingly replaced by Grayskull in MYP)

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    According to MYP
    -Adam is descendant of Grayskull
    -Keldor is said to be descendant of Grayskull too
    -Randor & Keldor are brothers with different mothers
    -Captain Miro carries the Grayskull-legacy thusly
    -We don't know how many generations are between Miro and King Grayskull, but I bet there are many, so it could go from woman to man holding the heritage.
    -Marlena is not from Earth

Original mythos
    -Spirit of Grayskull existed
    -We don't know if the Spirit is He-Ro
    -He-Ro is the ancestor of He-Man and She-Ra (now seemingly replaced by Grayskull in MYP)

Adam is the descendant of Grayskull-Got it
    Where is it said that Keldor is also a descendant?Which everyone assumes because Randor and Keldor are half bothers.So that may be the case.
    Where is it said that Randor and Keldor have different mothers?
    Where is Marlena from?-Filmation says Earth.-Golden book New Champions of Eternia says From a far away planet.

I know mattel said the Bios on the packaging will be a combination of the MYP series and the mini comics.And again He-ro was only shown in shadow form in this mini comic http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/.../00cover.shtml But there is no mention at the time of who he is other then "The greatest Sorceror of all".My point is that I still don't see how He-ro is gonna play into the revamp of the new classic line.And it was once said the he was the son of He-man for a cartoon that new made the light of day.Just the series bible.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Where is it said that Keldor is also a descendant?
    Revealed at a ComiCon panel discussion, if memory serves me correctly.
    Which everyone assumes because Randor and Keldor are half bothers.So that may be the case.
    Where is it said that Randor and Keldor have different mothers?
    The Series creators talk about it on the MYP Vol1 Special Features.
    And also that Keldor is the older brother, which basically gives him the entitlement to the throne of Eternia.

My point is that I still don't see how He-ro is gonna play into the revamp of the new classic line.And it was once said the he was the son of He-man for a cartoon that new made the light of day.Just the series bible.

Two totally different He-Ro's.
    One is the Most Powerful Wizard on Eternia by Mattel.
    Other is offspring of He-Man and Teela in a proposed series by Lou Scheimer Productions.

Has anyone mentioned from Mattel why they did change it?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

I don't really care too much....
    but it doesn't make a lot of sense...

I thought he was a wizard...trained by Eldor...an old wizard...

the cosmic thing seems kind of unecessary...but...who knows what they'll do with it...

now, Gwildor....There's a story I'm waiting to hear!

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....

Heroic Warrior
    I'm fine with the He-Ro backstory.

No complaints here.

Much better than the "son of He-Man" story I read.

Darth Bong

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Bong View Post
    I'm fine with the He-Ro backstory.

No complaints here.

Much better than the "son of He-Man" story I read.

Darth Bong
    That's a different He-Ro. The "Son of He-Man" (Dare) has no connnection to this He-Ro (Gray/Ro), aside from the name.

The backstory for the Powers of Grayskull He-Ro was that he was raised by Sharella & Eldor, and battled the Snake Men. Basically he was intended to be He-Man's ancestor before MYP came up with the idea of King Grayskull.

I much prefer that to the Classics bio. In my MOTU, King Grayskull is just one of the many He-Men trained by K'yrulla, as mentioned on The Goddess' bio.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; January 20, 2010 at 04:51am.

I love the direction the bios have taken! It's new and fresh, while pulling from years of MOTU lore.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I'm making a list of everyone who is accepting He-Ro's new bio and planning on visiting each of you to punch in the face! Stop encouraging Mattel!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Stop encouraging Mattel!
    I'm with you...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i like that they decided to incorporate He-Ro into Motu his background story is good.
    it ties in Hordak & king Grayskull nicely. it deserves its own short episode or comic.

glad they made him! And His story.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeManOfGreyskull View Post
    Well, since we now have King Grayskull, I feel it's okay to remove He-Ro from that aspect of MOTU. I'm not very attached to a character who was only ever revealed in shadow once in a minicomic and never had his toy come out. So Mattel can change all they want. It's like the multiple versions of Transformers characters we have now.
    I agree, and this is MOTUC not just 80's motu.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I'm ok with the backstory. I want to know what the techno-organic virus would have done to him if he had not been cured by Eldor? I'm thinking maybe thats why Horde Troopers display human emotions from time to time. The Troopers are actually converted races from planets the Horde have conquered and infected with the techno-organic virus. They take the strongest of the conquered and brainwash them into being loyal to the Horde. That explains why there are no two members of the Horde of the same race/species with the exception of Horde Supreme/Prime and Hordak.

Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    I'm ok with the backstory. I want to know what the techno-organic virus would have done to him if he had not been cured by Eldor? I'm thinking maybe thats why Horde Troopers display human emotions from time to time. The Troopers are actually converted races from planets the Horde have conquered and infected with the techno-organic virus. They take the strongest of the conquered and brainwash them into being loyal to the Horde. That explains why there are no two members of the Horde of the same race/species with the exception of Horde Supreme/Prime and Hordak.
    I think the techno virus will be Mattel's way of explaining the cyber dinosaurs on Preternia, as well as Laser Skeletor's cybernetic parts.