Thread: Do you think She-Ra is better than He-Man?

Hybrid View

Do you think She-Ra is better than He-Man?

If so, state your reasons.

Mine are:

1. More interesting overall premise.

2. More likable and fun heroes. Most notably She-Ra herself. She tries to be a paragon of virtue like He-Man, but at least she has an attitude about it (love the way she snaps at Huntara after Huntara calls her a coward).

3. Better villain lineup. Skeletor himself is cool but most of his followers are pretty lame, especially most of the new ones they added in the second season.

What do you think?

Court Magician Raider of Shadows's Avatar
    The only thing I liked better than He-Man were (IMO) better opening music and the fact that the Horde was supposedly in control of Eternia. Hordak himself seemed to me to be more bumbling than Skeletor. Oh and Horde Prime really did seem like a menacing villian.
    -Finding Nemo Auditions-
    Hordak of Despondos reading for the part of Dori the Fish, Take 1:

*AHEM* I shall call him squishy and he...will be MINE!

Sorry but this is pointless question and a pointless thread!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Sorry but this is pointless question and a pointless thread!
    In a pointless forest full of pointless trees into which Oblio and a dog named Arrow were exiled for not having a point of their own...

[An arrow flies into a tree-trunk from just off screen. Camera pans to show Bow standing proudly]
    BOW: There, NOW this topic isn't "point"less!

I rest my case!!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I rest my case!!
    *Giggles*

But seriously...

We have topics like "is Loo-Kee your favorite character?" and "Should I get a tattoo?" and this is the topic that gets singled out for "pointlessness"?

Heroic Warrior
    She-ra was at least as strong as He-man, and had more powers.

She-ra probably destroyed He-man's popularity because she made him seem not so special.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by dura_grip View Post
    She-ra was at least as strong as He-man, and had more powers.

She-ra probably destroyed He-man's popularity because she made him seem not so special.
    Not even close. Horde Prime Takes a holiday establishes that He-Man is stronger than She-r, she-ra has more abilities, but in terms of power - he-man is stronger.

She-Ra DID destroy he-man's popularity, but not because she made him seem not special, but because they stopped production on MOTU shows for She-ra shows, thinking boys would tune in to see he-man on occassion.

Don't get me wrong, I like she-ra, I like the potential of the brand, but the show...when it was good it was great, but for me it was weaker more than it was strong, and cheesier than the cheesiest MOTU episode (save for The Greatest Show on Eternia!!) personally I found they went too far witht he sap, like the friendship and love wins over this and that morals. great lessons but She-ra episodes REALLY pushed the sap. Anyway don't get me wrong I like the show it just feels smaller than MOTU for me.

He-man had better designed main characters - most of the rebellion were 80s aerobic instructors. in MOTU I personally felt they had more at stake, sure Randor was in control of Eternia, but if He-Man lost, the world changes. Skeletor wasn't the only threat, Eternia was an important planet - attracting several offworld threats (hell even hordak wanted it) He-Man had his hands more full. She-ra lead a rebellion and they were safe in the whispering woods for the most part, if she-ra lost the only change is they go back to how life was before the secret of the sword...not a major change.

}One issue though, She-ra had the luxury of coming AFTER he-man so writers have a better voice in mind, esp since this series was spinning off the established universe. but still in my opinion he-man had a stronger fantasy feel, whereas she-ra was more light fantasy/fairytale setting.

at the end of the day it's mainly subjective. but for me MOTU is stronger and i think it resonated more witht he masses overall because of that strength.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    She-ra was designed by Filmation to be better. They pretty much cannibalized He-man and the Masters of the Universe to create She-ra POP. In poker this is called going all-in.

Filmation gave She-ra a great, moving origin story, a more powerful villain, a better sword, a companion who could fly, another castle, more spectacular transformation sequence, better music, more powers, and most likely greater physical strength.