3. The Dark Knight 8.8 million (502.4)
    4. The House Bunny 8.3 million (27.8)
    5. Traitor 7.9 million
    6. Death Race 6.2 million
    7. Disaster Movie 6.2 million
    8. Mamma Mia! 4.4 million
    9. Pineapple Express 3.4 million
    10. Vicky Christina Barcelona 3 million

It looks like The Dark Knight will have to settle for No. 2 all time behind Titanic. Thankfully, Disaster movie finished in 7th place. I'm not a big fan of those types of movies.

They just arent funny. I remember when they did the first one...I forgot what it was called and that was somewhat amusing now they are just really crappy.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I'd give 'Disaster Movie' a small ham sandwich for slamming 'Hannah Montana', and 'High School Musical', but since Seltzer, and Friedberg are unable to put together a good 'spoof' movie, they get a 'shattered dream pie' from me. Comedy in cinema is in really bad shape these days.

I can't believe they keep making those....and even more, I can't believe people go watch them.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Sept 5-7

1. Bangkok Dangerous $7.8m
    2. Tropic Thunder $7.5m
    3. The House Bunny $5.9m ($515m LTD)
    4. The Dark Knight $5.7m
    5. Trailer $4.7m
    6. Babylon AD $4m
    7. Deathrace $3.6m
    8. Disaster Movie $3.3m
    9. Mamma Mia $2.7
    10. Pineapple Express $2.4m
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Bangkok has to be one of the weakest No. 1s in a long time. There isn't much out there now.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Saw "College" last week. It was average.

I don't think there are a lot of movies left that I want to even see as the year rolls down to a close. The only ones that pop into mind that are coming are: Eagle Eye, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, High School Musical 3: Senior Year, and James Bond Quantum of Solace.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, High School Musical 3: Senior Year
    Those are the only two that come to mind immediately

TDK is still going strong in comparison to the remainder of the anemic box office, if given enough time it could pass Titanic and its still in more than 2900 theaters...guess it will all depend on WB and how long they want to let it sit in the theater before pulling it to release it on home video
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    That's the thing. They will pull it early enough to get the DVD out for the holidays.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

From yahoo:

The last box office champ to open lower was the David Spade comedy "Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star," which kicked off with $6.7 million during the weekend of September 5-7, 2003.

There are a few movies left that I want to see this fall. The Bond flick already mentioned, Righteous Kill with Pacino and Deniro, and a western with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen... the name escapes me at the moment. Oh, and Bolt.
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Sept 5-7

1. Bangkok Dangerous $7.8m
    2. Tropic Thunder $7.5m
    3. The House Bunny $5.9m ($515m LTD)
    4. The Dark Knight $5.7m
    Umm... was that $515m number next to House Benny meant to be next to Dark Knight?

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Umm... was that $515m number next to House Benny meant to be next to Dark Knight?
    Yes it was It was also about $4m higher than actual which was $512m

Sept 12-14

1. Burn After Reading $19.4m
    2. Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys $18m
    3. Righteous Kill $16.5m
    4. The Women (2008) $10m
    5. The House Bunny $4.3m
    6. Tropic Thunder $4.2m
    7. The Dark Knight $4m ($518m)
    8. Bangkok Dangerous $2.4m
    9. Traitor $2.13m
    10. Death Race $2m

Movie mayhem!
    so do we think there is anyway darkknight might make 82 more million? Its being rereleased, and will probably win some oscars... but will it be enough for that ammount?

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    so do we think there is anyway darkknight might make 82 more million? Its being rereleased, and will probably win some oscars... but will it be enough for that ammount?
    Doubt it. that would be a HUGE amount to do at this point - about 12% of what it's already made.

Plus I'm, not sure how a rerelease would help. It's still in 2200 theaters (which means that anyone who still wants to see it has plenty of opportunity) and it's down to 4M per week. It's not going to stay at that level for the next 20 weeks.

Weekend Box Office Sept. 19-21:

1. Lakeview Terrace $15.6 million
    2. Burn After Reading $11.3 million
    3. My Best Friend's Girl $8.3 million
    4. Igor $8 million
    5. Righteous Kill $7.7 million
    6. Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys $7.5 million
    7. The Women $5.3 million
    8. Ghost Town $5.2 million
    9. Dark Knight $3 million
    10. House Bunny $2.8 million
    Last edited by Firefly; September 21, 2008 at 05:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes it was It was also about $4m higher than actual which was $512m

Sept 12-14

1. Burn After Reading $19.4m
    2. Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys $18m
    3. Righteous Kill $16.5m
    4. The Women (2008) $10m
    5. The House Bunny $4.3m
    6. Tropic Thunder $4.2m
    7. The Dark Knight $4m ($518m)
    8. Bangkok Dangerous $2.4m
    9. Traitor $2.13m
    10. Death Race $2m
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Doubt it. that would be a HUGE amount to do at this point - about 12% of what it's already made.

Plus I'm, not sure how a rerelease would help. It's still in 2200 theaters (which means that anyone who still wants to see it has plenty of opportunity) and it's down to 4M per week. It's not going to stay at that level for the next 20 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Weekend Box Office Sept. 19-21:

1. Lakeview Terrace $15.6 million
    2. Burn After Reading $11.3 million
    3. My Best Friend's Girl $8.3 million
    4. Igor $8 million
    5. Righteous Kill $7.7 million
    6. Tyler Perry's The Family That Preys $7.5 million
    7. The Women $5.3 million
    8. Ghost Town $5.2 million
    9. Dark Knight $3 million
    10. House Bunny $2.8 million
    With a one million drop from last weeks box office to this weeks I do not think it has a prayer in sinking Titanic
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Movie mayhem!
    Right, but they are planning to re release it come oscar season. Do you think people will go again? Or do you think its going to be over kill. It makes sense to rerelease films at that time when no one saw them and an oscar nod could make people take interest in it... but... everyone saw thsi who is going to right?

Right, but they are planning to re release it come oscar season. Do you think people will go again? Or do you think its going to be over kill. It makes sense to rerelease films at that time when no one saw them and an oscar nod could make people take interest in it... but... everyone saw thsi who is going to right?
    It'll get maybe a small bump, but people who don't care about Batman aren't suddenly going to care because it had some nominations (or even some wins).

There is no shame in coming in second when you're talking about this big of numbers.

Movie mayhem!
    I was just looking at the foreign comparison of the dark knight and titanic. When you add that in with the US box office titanic basically has taken double what the dark knight has.

Its kind of amazing. I didn't realize what a phenomenon Titanic was. It also seems like it was a film that just kept building more and more momentum compared to dark knight which started big and stayed big and then slowly dwindled.

I was just looking at the foreign comparison of the dark knight and titanic. When you add that in with the US box office titanic basically has taken double what the dark knight has.

Its kind of amazing. I didn't realize what a phenomenon Titanic was. It also seems like it was a film that just kept building more and more momentum compared to dark knight which started big and stayed big and then slowly dwindled.
    Thing is Titanic was the ultimate 'chic-flick' or date movie I heard stories of girlfriends taking their boyfriends to in over and over. Heck when I saw it with my sister the theatre was OVER packed, there were girls laying on the floors watching the movies, all seats sold.

It is so big because it was a love story. Very hard to do a repeat preformance like that.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

I am very proud to say that I never saw Titanic, my girlfriend at the time was angry that I refused to participate in the event, and I will never, ever see Titanic. This goes for Goonies and Lost Boys as well. Never!

Now, I am all ready for Eagle Eye this week.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I am very proud to say that I never saw Titanic, my girlfriend at the time was angry that I refused to participate in the event, and I will never, ever see Titanic. This goes for Goonies and Lost Boys as well. Never!

Now, I am all ready for Eagle Eye this week.
    I've never seen Titanic either, and I do not plan to.

Out of curiosity, what do you have against Goonies and Lost Boys? Goonies is a really good movie. I actually have never seen Lost Boys all the way through, though that's not because I refused to watch it.... I just simply never have (I would like to sometime).

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I've never seen Titanic either, and I do not plan to.

Out of curiosity, what do you have against Goonies and Lost Boys? Goonies is a really good movie. I actually have never seen Lost Boys all the way through, though that's not because I refused to watch it.... I just simply never have (I would like to sometime).
    Lost Boys isn't my style of movie and the reason I will never see Goonies is simply because people go "You've never seen Goonies!?!??!!" to me. I can tell just by what I have seen of it (from like VH1 I Love the 80s) that it wouldn't be high on my list anyway.

I got one question, do The Dark Knight is the biggest box office movie of the year? Since the movie hit 500 million dollars in US....
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.